Yamato Toys USA Luis Royo DC Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Yamoto Toys USA gets DC License?

Btw the company is YamAto...like Ta-mato puh-tato ,
I mean ta-mah-to and push-tah-to like paparazzo...

As others have said, not into Catwoman as she looks a little on the dominatrix side but I really like Harley Quinn. I'm currently collecting the bombshells only but this line might change my mind. Might hold out until I see wonder woman complete to see if I prefer HQ or WW (I'll atleast buy one of them). Interested to see Ivy (one of my favourite characters) although I don't think I like the concept art, the arms being raised kinda bugs me.

IMO, this is a must have for any Harley fan, the paint application like Catwoman is near flawless (Only issue I see is where her bust meets her outfit, paint is just a tiny bit sloppy but from normal view you can't see it, only when you look very close. I even like this better then DCC Cover Girl line of statues, for one they're a bit bigger at 1/6 scale, better quality control and a bit more sexier :)

Catwoman 7/10 <--- only because I'm not a huge fan of her outfit, quality wise she's a easy 9.8/10
Harley 9.5/10

Thanks to TJ at Speculative Fiction for getting this for me at a great price :rock2

Harley001.jpg

Harley002.jpg

Harley003.jpg

Harley004.jpg

Harley005.jpg

Harley006.jpg

Harley007.jpg

Harley008.jpg

Last edited:

Looks really nice Dan, congrats! This had caught my eye a while back, but I'm hesitant mainly due to the cost. It's over $300 Canadian, and that's not including shipping or the likes! I'm not sure I see that value in it. Maybe for a 1/4, but it seems a bit overpriced in my opinion. Is their a reason for the higher cost of this for those that own them?

I'm a big fan of Kotobukiya, and own a lot of those pieces (from Bishoujo to the more recent Superman for Tomorrow/Batman/Wonder Woman ArtFX statues!) and I'm not sure I see the extra costs that this piece offers over those. I think it looks beautiful, it's more the cost that throws me. I'd have likely jumped right on it for $150.

IMO, this is a must have for any Harley fan, the paint application like Catwoman is near flawless (Only issue I see is where her bust meets her outfit, paint is just a tiny bit sloppy but from normal view you can't see it, only when you look very close. I even like this better then DCC Cover Girl line of statues, for one they're a bit bigger at 1/6 scale, better quality control and a bit more sexier :)

Catwoman 7/10 <--- only because I'm not a huge fan of her outfit, quality wise she's a easy 9.8/10
Harley 9.5/10

Thanks to TJ at Speculative Fiction for getting this for me at a great price :rock2

Harley001.jpg

She looks great Dan, thanks for the pictures.. Mine is sitting in my Pile of Loot waiting for Mera to show up. This line is progressing nicely. Bats, WW, PI, all have my interest. Hope to see BC, BG, and Zatanna in the future.

Looks really nice Dan, congrats! This had caught my eye a while back, but I'm hesitant mainly due to the cost. It's over $300 Canadian, and that's not including shipping or the likes! I'm not sure I see that value in it. Maybe for a 1/4, but it seems a bit overpriced in my opinion. Is their a reason for the higher cost of this for those that own them?

I'm a big fan of Kotobukiya, and own a lot of those pieces (from Bishoujo to the more recent Superman for Tomorrow/Batman/Wonder Woman ArtFX statues!) and I'm not sure I see the extra costs that this piece offers over those. I think it looks beautiful, it's more the cost that throws me. I'd have likely jumped right on it for $150.

I got mine for $220, which is comparable to Kotobukiya 1:6 scale Fine Art Polystone Statues that also cost in the low to mid $200's.... The Kotobukiya statues you mentioned are all PVC (Plastic) so that's probably why they're a lot cheaper.

I got mine for $220, which is comparable to Kotobukiya 1:6 scale Fine Art Polystone Statues that also cost in the low to mid $200's.... The Kotobukiya statues you mentioned are all PVC (Plastic) so that's probably why they're a lot cheaper.

Oh is this Polystone? I don't know why I thought I saw it was PVC a long while ago...I guess that would bump on the price to be on par with those and it makes more sense! And that being said, the quality is really up there too -- especially on the face! I have a couple of the DC Direct Harley statues and I had to dig through about 4 of each before I found one with quality paint apps!

Still not sure I'd drop $300+ on this, but at least the pricing makes more sense now. Damn the Canadian dollar! :mad:

tumblr_m64stcDzob1r3996yo1_500.gif

Thanks for the pics Dan. I'm eagerly awaiting mine on Tuesday. I'm curious what the edition size is. Yamato's site says it comes with a number plate, but I never saw an actual ES number.

Jeez, I've pre-ordered bombshells and now I'm beyond tempted to buy this Harley, she just looks so great in the in-hand photos.

Thanks for the pics Dan. I'm eagerly awaiting mine on Tuesday. I'm curious what the edition size is. Yamato's site says it comes with a number plate, but I never saw an actual ES number.

The ES is 2000 on the regular edition, it's marked on the Certificate of Authenticity..... I would of preferred a ES of 1000 but it is a lot less then 5200 ES DCC uses on the Bombshell and Cover Girl statues, so I can live with it :)

Last edited:

The ES is 2000 on the regular edition, it's marked on the Certificate of Authenticity..... I would of preferred a ES of 1000 but it is a lot less then 5200 ES DCC uses on the Bombshell and Cover Girl statues, so I can live with it :)

Thanks for the info. I was never much of a stickler about ES, but that's a nice size. Are you getting the exclusive version as well? I'm a sucker for Harley variants as long as I like them both.

Thanks for the info. I was never much of a stickler about ES, but that's a nice size. Are you getting the exclusive version as well? I'm a sucker for Harley variants as long as I like them both.

I'm not to crazy about the pose of the exclusive, I like the regular one better. If I had money to burn I would probably get it though...

Now that they have a Wonder Woman, and Batman on the way I'm wondering if they'll do a Superman. I think these are so much better looking at 1/6th than the Koto's.

Now that they have a Wonder Woman, and Batman on the way I'm wondering if they'll do a Superman. I think these are so much better looking at 1/6th than the Koto's.

I agree, especially the faces... they look like super models.... Paint applications are spot on also...

Back