Yamato Toys USA Luis Royo DC Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Yamoto Toys USA gets DC License?

This one really looks like Megan Fox. That's not a bad thing...I do think it looks really nice!

The one thing that stands out is the bowling pose...it looks kind of odd. I think it would've been amazing had they just aimed the left arm down and facing backwards, like she's going to scoop up her sword and head into battle...then this one would've been really hard to pass up!

This one really looks like Megan Fox. That's not a bad thing...I do think it looks really nice!

The one thing that stands out is the bowling pose...it looks kind of odd. I think it would've been amazing had they just aimed the left arm down and facing backwards, like she's going to scoop up her sword and head into battle...then this one would've been really hard to pass up!

...I think that's insulting to the sculpt :lol But seriously I think this looks better than Fox does. As for the hand, it is kinda out there in no man's land, but I just took as her saying "Come at me Bro" :lol

I know Fox has this...bad rep in general, but it's pretty damn close! :lol

It's either come at me bro, or, "I can totally make that seven, ten split!"

11707646_977643855609567_326585531331852189_n.jpg

I do think this is the nicest looking of their DC statues thus far though! I just wish the pose was a bit different. It's as awkward as the Sideshow Arkham Batman pose...just looks somewhat unnatural. I'm sure the final sculpt of Ivy will look better than the picture, but I'm not sure I'm loving the concept...I think this one is the top dog of the four.

It looks like she's going to grab for the sword. That's cool with me. They should have just extended out the reaching arm out a little more so it really drives home the point "I'm grabbing this sword!" Who knows? If enough people give feedback, they might be able to alter it before release.

the eyes/eyebrows look like Megan Fox, but the mouth throws off that likeness IMO.

She is pretty. I can't wait to see their Poison Ivy! Hopefully they will make Supergirl, Batgirl, Black Canary and others as well.

I know they have Batman coming up next. I'd love for a Nightwing. :pray:

It looks like she's going to grab for the sword. That's cool with me. They should have just extended out the reaching arm out a little more so it really drives home the point "I'm grabbing this sword!" Who knows? If enough people give feedback, they might be able to alter it before release.

Yeah, just having her hand look like it's instinctively reaching towards the sword would work so much better. It'd actually make the entire pose look natural. Her hand just being out is a little less so. Still, it's a tempting piece! I didn't pick up the Sideshow Wonder Woman, though I did like it quite a bit...the two pieces I have right now are the ArtFX Jim Lee Koto Wonder Woman, which is flawless, and the Bishoujo original Wonder Woman, which is one of my favs as well. This would fit in nicely with those, but I'm not sure I'll be able to allocate the funds in that direction with so much else on the table.

Why, I thought everyone wanted someone who could actually act?

I think Megan Fox is quite attractive, but she'd definitely ruin the movie. Ninja Turtles went wrong by focusing on April for over half the movie...that was highlighted even more due to the fact that Fox was playing April. Eye candy in Transformers works fine...pivotal character in a franchise, not so much.

Yeah, just having her hand look like it's instinctively reaching towards the sword would work so much better. It'd actually make the entire pose look natural. Her hand just being out is a little less so. Still, it's a tempting piece! I didn't pick up the Sideshow Wonder Woman, though I did like it quite a bit...the two pieces I have right now are the ArtFX Jim Lee Koto Wonder Woman, which is flawless, and the Bishoujo original Wonder Woman, which is one of my favs as well. This would fit in nicely with those, but I'm not sure I'll be able to allocate the funds in that direction with so much else on the table.

I think Megan Fox is quite attractive, but she'd definitely ruin the movie. Ninja Turtles went wrong by focusing on April for over half the movie...that was highlighted even more due to the fact that Fox was playing April. Eye candy in Transformers works fine...pivotal character in a franchise, not so much.

See I can't stand the Koto, just not to my taste at all. This is more my style as her facial features are more detailed and it has some realism to it. I don't think I'm picking up the Wonder Woman because I have the SSC Wonder Woman and the 1/4 scale is all I need for her. Batman...that's a go, the concept looks fantastic.

See I can't stand the Koto, just not to my taste at all. This is more my style as her facial features are more detailed and it has some realism to it. I don't think I'm picking up the Wonder Woman because I have the SSC Wonder Woman and the 1/4 scale is all I need for her. Batman...that's a go, the concept looks fantastic.

Oh man, I love that Koto Trinity! They look superb together! And Flash is up next, followed by the rest of the team, I'd assume! But like everything, it won't always appeal to everyone, so I can understand that. :)

I really liked the Sideshow PF, but money wasn't right at the time so I had to pass. It's still plausible to get the regular now, but I've red there are quite a few issues with it. Not always, but often enough that it could be risky to attempt it this late in the game -- especially when doing so not directly from Sideshow. I did think she looked fantastic though!

I would buy that, same with Harley.

Anyone have a picture of Catwoman or Harley with a 1/6th SSC or Hot Toys Batman?

Here you go.

Band H.jpg

h and j.jpg

She also looks great paired with SSC 1/6 Joker!

hqj2.jpg

hq 4.jpg

Oh man, I love that Koto Trinity! They look superb together! And Flash is up next, followed by the rest of the team, I'd assume! But like everything, it won't always appeal to everyone, so I can understand that. :)

I really liked the Sideshow PF, but money wasn't right at the time so I had to pass. It's still plausible to get the regular now, but I've red there are quite a few issues with it. Not always, but often enough that it could be risky to attempt it this late in the game -- especially when doing so not directly from Sideshow. I did think she looked fantastic though!

Same... The ArtFX Koto Wonder Woman is my absolute favorite... some pics, just 'cause she's so amazing :)

ww black 1.jpg

ww black 2.jpg

Koto's Wonder Woman is a great statue for the money. But IMO it just has that PVC toyish look to it, I just prefer the polystone / cold cast porcelain look. But for like $300 you can have the Koto Trinity (Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman) so if your a collector on a budget it's an awesome deal.

Koto's Wonder Woman is a great statue for the money. But IMO it just has that PVC toyish look to it, I just prefer the polystone / cold cast porcelain look. But for like $300 you can have the Koto Trinity (Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman) so if your a collector on a budget it's an awesome deal.

For the money, it is a great deal!

I love everything about the Yamoto Wonder Woman except the weird left hand pose. Hoping they change it! Heck, just have her picking up the sword would be an improvement.

Back