XM Studios Thor, Magneto and Wolverine Concept!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken from the FB group

10492612_482670428537299_4652536548597857154_n.jpg

Coming along nicely, maybe it is just the angle but the claws seem a little on the small side.

The Wolverine is probably my least favorite of all the XM teases. Pose looks awkward to me.

Where is the Magneto PO?

Taken from the FB group

10492612_482670428537299_4652536548597857154_n.jpg

The Wolverine is probably my least favorite of all the XM teases. Pose looks awkward to me.

Where is the Magneto PO?

That s because they have done exactly what they did on the Hulk PF which is to short circuit the dynamics of the pose. If you want a truly dynamic pose you don't put the limbs from the same side of the body in the same plane. If the left arm is forward the left leg should be back, and the same goes for the right side. Right now they have both the left arm and leg forward, and the right arm and leg both back. It makes it look bland compared to say something like this.

wolverine-20090430022852186-000.jpg

Pose looks great to me like he is about to pounce at another sentinel

The right leg is back as well :) don't see what's wrong with it

Pose looks decent but again, all customs are better than this. I actually have a feeling that one of the recent customs is next to this statue, you can see his claws stick through in the pictures.

Pose looks great to me like he is about to pounce at another sentinel

The right leg is back as well :) don't see what's wrong with it

The right leg and arm are back which flattens the action. The pose isn't wrong persay. Just less dynamic then it could have been. Flip the torso or the legs, and this would pop way more.

Wolvie looks good. The only minor complaint I have with XM pieces is that they sometimes take a few artistic liberties with the costume designs on their pieces. The Mags costume isn't the ultimate version nor the classic one. This Wolvie piece has some extra lines in the shoulder pads I have not seen in any version of Wolvie's costumes. It kinda reminds me of Jim Lee's redesign of DC's New 52 costumes. Unnecessary lines running through costumes doesn't look cool or updated to me. I personally like a more traditional look and would like to see XM stick to actual costume designs we see in the comics we read. Other than this complaint, I'm very impressed with XM's offerings so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back