XM Studios Thor, Magneto and Wolverine Concept!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where you are coming from but the way XM pose is doesn't make it any less dynamic. Physics wise when a pitcher is in a wind up mode (like the Wolverine XM) as the leg kicks up so does the same side the shoulder and arm does. Its not until the follow through when the opposite arm comes forward opposite the other leg.

You get what I mean?

This Wolverine is not in the follow through which I would follow you if he was. Different strokes for different folks I guess....no way is right or wrong because anyone can pose in either of those positions. I just don't think either way is less dynamic. They are both representing action of some sort.

Agreed. Different strokes for different folks. Honestly, I think this looks very nice. I just think it could pop a little more.

Could be the XM Brown Wolverine. They have it but I believe they have to wait for SS to show their Brown Wolvie PF first before they reveal it.

I am definitely interested in a brown, from either company. For Wolverine, if they are both nice looking pieces, I may lean towards Sideshow only due to cost. There are some characters I am willing to pay the extra $$$ for...Spider-Man, Daredevil, Green Goblin, and that Magneto on throne...but, Wolverine isn't necessarily one. Let's wait and see what the offerings are...looking forward to both.

I definitely prefer the brown costume for Wolverine...it's the one I remember most growing up. The yellow was always the "old" costume in my younger days.

XM has a lot of potential for executing an X Men series because I really think ss dropped the ball on their PF line.

So I decided to try something in PS Elemenets to see if switching up the torso would do anything for the piece so...

Here is the original

10492612_482670428537299_4652536548597857154_n.jpg

and here is the VERY Rough PS job I did with the torso flipped to get the arm and leg movement I was talking about

I have to admit that I like the flipped version a little better, I just feel it flows better, but it is more of a personal preference type of thing because in the end there is very little difference.

Yeah. I like the look of it flipped better too. It's hard to explain for me, because if he was rearing back to throw a big left cross his left leg wouldn't be forward. But in my opinion, having it flipped like that makes it looks like he is about to launch off that sentinel with his left foot, while throwing a big blow with his left hand/claws.

Nice work Spidey!

Nope. I like the look of the original. I am right handed, so I like Wolvie with his right arm cocked back and ready to punch whatever comes his way.

Yeah. I like the look of it flipped better too. It's hard to explain for me, because if he was rearing back to throw a big left cross his left leg wouldn't be forward. But in my opinion, having it flipped like that makes it looks like he is about to launch off that sentinel with his left foot, while throwing a big blow with his left hand/claws.

Nice work Spidey!

I just think it pops a little more s all.

Nope. I like the look of the original. I am right handed, so I like Wolvie with his right arm cocked back and ready to punch whatever comes his way.

Well just for arguments sake here is what it would look liked flipped. Keep in mnd these are digital sculpts so they are more easily fixed.
82ec1c10e51df42ad517603f5890254f_zps999f7b11.jpg

Are you a lefty Spidey?? That might explain it.....I kid...I kid...

But seriously, check out this head sculpt I found on one of the XM facebook pages for this yellow and blue Wolvie???

Pretty fierce and awesome I would say.

14e8k6c.jpg

It sounds like its a go.

Checkout the right handed one I just did by flipping the image m8...lol. Yeah that headsculpt is pretty fierce, but I really like the change of head shown in the teaser pic

Have to agree with this most excellent post

Are you a lefty Spidey?? That might explain it.....I kid...I kid...

But seriously, check out this head sculpt I found on one of the XM facebook pages for this yellow and blue Wolvie???

Pretty fierce and awesome I would say.

14e8k6c.jpg

It sounds like its a go.

OMG..........

Please let it be so

While it may look more dynamic, that's not proper technique to throw a cross with power (which I assume is what Wolverine is intending to do), so the current pose is my preference. That's really just the combat nerd in me, I don't know anything about artistic aesthetics.

While it may look more dynamic, that's not proper technique to throw a cross with power (which I assume is what Wolverine is intending to do), so the current pose is my preference. That's really just the combat nerd in me, I don't know anything about artistic aesthetics.

+1, makes no sense to have your left arm back and left leg forward, you'll have no follow through with the punch...

+1, makes no sense to have your left arm back and left leg forward, you'll have no follow through with the punch...

I totally get it. Realistic vs artistic freedom is always a personal choice thing. I tend to lean towards dynamics over realism as a guy who throws a few lines down on paper, but that is just my preference.

Either way he looks, but the flip looks better I agree. Nice spotting it Spidey

Just felt a sharp pinch in my wallet. :)
No problems at all with the pose. In my mind he is just about to jump off the sentinel with his left foot and then bring his right fist forward on impact.

Just felt a sharp pinch in my wallet. :)
No problems at all with the pose. In my mind he is just about to jump off the sentinel with his left foot and then bring his right fist forward on impact.

That's what I said! High five! That's why it works for him and not hulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back