XM Studios Spider-Man/MJ diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well firstly it won't be one of a kind it will be one of at least 500... Lol. Secondly, you are assuming that the SSC Spiderman will have a huge ES, but all of SSCs ESs, save for the DC Trinity, have been rather reasonable as of late.... So that could be a bad assumption. As for a leaning issue that is really not something you can %100 say WILL happen on the SSC piece and say for sure it won't happen on this on from XM. Now IF when the 3D render do ES out you love this one then by all means say that, but it doesn't have to be 1 company over another, it is simply a preference thing. As for the XM DC license that horse is DEAD for now. They aren't even TRYING to get it.

Depends on what you consider 'reasonable'... Iron Patriot's 3500 ES and Mk 42's 3000 ES exceeds reasonable imo considering they can't produce 5 that aren't a disaster.

Too bad about DC though, would love to see the XM takes on their characters.

Thank God. I don't think I could handle them having the DC license when I keep missing out on pieces.

Depends on what you consider 'reasonable'... Iron Patriot's 3500 ES and Mk 42's 3000 ES exceeds reasonable imo considering they can't produce 5 that aren't a disaster.

Too bad about DC though, would love to see the XM takes on their characters.

Oh I agree that there is definitely room for improvement for some of SSCs pieces, but then you can also mention the 3000 and 1500 of the GHulk and King Hulk that turned out AMAZINGLY!! It is hard to tell with them. If they could get there consistency up to the level of say the GHulk and KHulkm and say the Superman PF they will be off to the races.

As for the DC thing. Well that shipped sailed, at least for the foreseeable future. It is so unfortunate though as I KNOW they would have done an AMAZING job with them.

Last edited:
They may have done an amazing job on them but I wouldn't have been able to secure any orders.

I don't know. MIT might have been a different license if they had managed to avoid all the entanglements that came down on them. I often wonder if they had stayed under the radar for even 6 months longer what would have happened with DC. In the end theY could sure use the additional license.

I'm. Using every Spidey stat they're putting out. Still think the SS PF is the best of the latest bunch. I'm intrigued by this piece though. I really want this to be good. Hope the sculpt looks better than the concept art.

I'm. Using every Spidey stat they're putting out. Still think the SS PF is the best of the latest bunch. I'm intrigued by this piece though. I really want this to be good. Hope the sculpt looks better than the concept art.

We still haven't seen XM's standalone Spider-Man.... Hoping artwork will be out soon.... The only thing that concerns me about SS PF (which I do have on PO) is possible leaning issues if it's polystone or them switching it to PVC...

We still haven't seen XM's standalone Spider-Man.... Hoping artwork will be out soon.... The only thing that concerns me about SS PF (which I do have on PO) is possible leaning issues if it's polystone or them switching it to PVC...

One of the thoughts I had about this statue potentially leaning is that it wouldn't matter as much given the pose versus say the Supes PF leaning. So I'm happy and confident I wouldn't mind as much if ever.

I worry about leaning issues, too. I'm trying to give SSC the benefit of the doubt, but I have to admit I can't shake the last bit of doubt.

"We are half way thru the1/4scale spiderman and MJ 3d sculp.... here are some works in progress....
Go Mufizal ! go go go....!!!!!" XM FB

12066012_1606831799537513_6806452315859631879_n.jpg

10671493_1606831812870845_7003928800004335435_n.jpg

12049594_1606831836204176_5627405403467745629_n.jpg

12046747_1606831849537508_7409083508069920254_n.jpg

Looks good, but MJ's face will need to be done with extra care for this to work. The emotion on her face will be a deal breaker or not for me, but need to see more. Maybe a COH for both spidey and MJ? I love options. This way we can satisfy many more people with a choice of heads.

Wonder how the backdrop will look when it's painted up?
If the buildings work well in the background. Would totally buy it.
If it looks cheesy like a little Franklin Mint Statue. Easy pass.

It's definitely an effect that's not easily achieved.
Just cause it looks cool in a drawing doesn't mean it'll look cool sculpted.

Back