XM Studios Spider-Man/MJ diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bravo to XM for trying new designs, & pushing the bar, once again! Only adjust(?), MJ is too big scale wise, or Spidey is too small scale wise, take your pick.

This will be very hard to I'll off with out it looking cheesy

KotospidermanFAstatR.jpg

This will be very hard to I'll off with out it looking cheesy

KotospidermanFAstatR.jpg

Well ...to be fair ...this koto piece is cheesy because Spidey and MJ are swinging way above the skyscrapers on a web line. On what is the web line supposed to be attached to? A jumbo jet?

Plus the sculpt on Spidey and MJ is pretty bad. Also the skyscrapers themselves look weird.

I don't care for the koto version...except I like the pose more.

I remain quite interested in this. I think xm will be able to pull it off.

This have a big chance of a big messing up. Those buildings in the background got to be huge. They probably better off doing glass plates with black & white images because so far 3-d building with perspective are a space eater for sure.

This have a big chance of a big messing up. Those buildings in the background got to be huge. They probably better off doing glass plates with black & white images because so far 3-d building with perspective are a space eater for sure.

I would prefer spider and mj be separate statues.

Not the spidey what everyone was hoping for.
Iron Studios/SS looks like the winner.
Interesting to see what XM can come up with a standalone spidey next...

I remain optimistic for this one.

There will always be another spidey statue...but something like this is far more unique and interesting in my opinion. Hopefully we all are pleasantly surprised with the final product.

From fb:

"Xm 1/4scale MJ face sculp wips....enjoy..."

12295446_1617047968515896_7232766402155172744_n.jpg

12314043_1617047981849228_8751573607834653394_n.jpg

Back