Xm Studios Selling Restrictions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If XM cannot handle some rumor mongering from a bunch of uptight, an@l retentive, statue geeks...they have absolutely no shot of any long term success. :wink1:

Nonetheless...I understand your point.

Thanks. :) This is just tragic all around. I really hope there will be a way to get around this. I really much prefer XM and their style these days to the way Sideshow is overblowing ES. Oh well, at least I will save money in the long run... I hope somehow this gets sorted and we can have XM again in North AMerica soon.

What a disappointment. Only have one xm piece on order with ST and it is paid in full. Other orders elsewhere. One is confirmed okay. Still waiting on confirmation for the others. Forwarding service from Singapore to USA seems hard to come by. I have been searching this evening.

What a disappointment. Only have one xm piece on order with ST and it is paid in full. Other orders elsewhere. One is confirmed okay. Still waiting on confirmation for the others. Forwarding service from Singapore to USA seems hard to come by. I have been searching this evening.

My search for a forwarding freight service is coming up dry as well. I'm actually considering selling my XM PO's and just moving on from this ordeal...

So I changed my shipping info on ST but how will my orders get that info they are still on my old adress :S

Thanks. :) This is just tragic all around. I really hope there will be a way to get around this. I really much prefer XM and their style these days to the way Sideshow is overblowing ES. Oh well, at least I will save money in the long run... I hope somehow this gets sorted and we can have XM again in North AMerica soon.

How is this tragic? XM has a market they never sought out. All these statues were basically gettting bootlegged, and it was never part of their business plan. So, now they know the demand is there, go and acquire the license. End. Of.

I'm form UK and have ordered a XM piece from secret compass will this affect me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm form UK and have ordered a XM piece from secret compass will this affect me

I think it will :( but that again you need to be warned 1st and if that did not happen till now. Best to ask them

Secret Compass reply about current XM orders:

we do not have any signs that there will be any problems on existing orders
will keep you posted

-Shane
Secret Compass Team

Sent from my XT910

Secret Compass reply about current XM orders:
we do not have any signs that there will be any problems on existing orders
will keep you posted
-Shane
Secret Compass Team
That is who I have my Phoenix on preorder with and this gives me a hint of hope, but I won't be happy until I have a shipping notice & her in my hand. Seriously, Phoenix has been my #1 grail since I started collecting.

That is who I have my Phoenix on preorder with and this gives me a hint of hope, but I won't be happy until I have a shipping notice & her in my hand. Seriously, Phoenix has been my #1 grail since I started collecting.
Kinda see that noted under your name

How could Secret Compass be allowed to ship to buyers in the US if ST cannot?

It might be because SC didn't go through an authorized XM retailer, but instead have found a random trustworthy middle-man to fulfill their orders. The same can be said for other companies that are able to obtain XM's statues. And if that is the case, then I can't see anything SS can do about it. Collectors, to include businesses, can and will find a way to obtain statues from XM through backdoor channels. What's XM supposed to do, not sell their statues to anyone? People will get 'em eventually. Power to the collectors.

I do not care a bit for the mess in a Marco level like licensing and so on, I am just a small potato whom know little about the business world. To me, I just wish, probably naively, people get what they ordered. After all, one of the funniest and hardest part of being a collector is to wait for the end product to arrive home. They might have made the order a while back and when things are finally shipping, receiving an email telling them, your long wait is in vain is such a bummer. Glad to see that some people in SG are willing to offer help.

It might be because SC didn't go through an authorized XM retailer, but instead have found a random trustworthy middle-man to fulfill their orders. The same can be said for other companies that are able to obtain XM's statues. And if that is the case, then I can't see anything SS can do about it. Collectors, to include businesses, can and will find a way to obtain statues from XM through backdoor channels. What's XM supposed to do, not sell their statues to anyone? People will get 'em eventually. Power to the collectors.
Yeah, I don't think anything can be done about something like this. I'm assuming that is what BBTS has done in the past.

Ok. I've had a chance to cool down on this. I still think XM needs an attorney they can go to when issues arise like this or even just for contract reviews. Its not my fight but if I was an XM founder I would want to protect my business.

I was also thinking that SS is only losing more of my money bow. XM happened and I like them. If I have to pay more for their pieces so be it but thats less money for me to alot towards SS pieces. Iv collected fir 20 years and this is the first time I have experienced anything like this. Sign of the times

Ok. I've had a chance to cool down on this. I still think XM needs an attorney they can go to when issues arise like this or even just for contract reviews. Its not my fight but if I was an XM founder I would want to protect my business.

I was also thinking that SS is only losing more of my money bow. XM happened and I like them. If I have to pay more for their pieces so be it but thats less money for me to alot towards SS pieces. Iv collected fir 20 years and this is the first time I have experienced anything like this. Sign of the times

I would be absolutely shocked if XM signed this licensing agreement with Marvel and did not have attorneys review the documents.

IMHO...it would not surprise me if there was always language in that original agreement that basically stated XM products cannot be sold outside of these pre-defined territories. Secondly I would not be shocked if XM's owners felt they were adhering to the terms of the agreement by making sure any customer who placed an order on their website have an address within the aforementioned pre-determined sales territories. However, it would not surprise me if there was specific language in the agreement which stated XM will not allow their retailers or distributors to sell their product outside the pre-determined sales territories. That last part is what many new business owners either fail to realize or simply forget. Your partners have to essentially adhere to the same restrictions...or at the very least, XM cannot sell their product to partners who they know are willingly violating the terms of their licensing agreement.

From a collector's perspective, I respect the fact this whole situation has soured you on Sideshow. But I have to be perfectly honest, from a business perspective I feel differently. If I were a member of Sideshow management, and I knew XM was violating their licensing agreement, I would have contacted Marvel personally. One of the standard rules of thumb in business is to protect your revenue stream. Sideshow is paying for the rights to distribute all Marvel 1/4 scale product in the US...there is no way I am going to allow XM to play in the US arena for free.

I was also thinking that SS is only losing more of my money bow. XM happened and I like them. If I have to pay more for their pieces so be it but that's less money for me to alot towards SS pieces. Ive collected fir 20 years and this is the first time I have experienced anything like this.
They probably did have an attorney look at the contract, but dude, this is Disney and XM is probably terrified of having the entire Marvel licence pulled from them period. If XM only paid for distribution rights in Asia, but is shipping worldwide underhandedly, Disney is going to crush that.
I definitely think that Sideshow helped make this happen. Sideshow is paying a massive license fee for worldwide distribution, XM isnt. Sideshow's product, particularly Marvel, has been on steady decline while their prices & ES have gone up. Sideshow was also very comfortable having a virtual Marvel monopoly on 1/4th. I am pretty sure Sideshow contacted Disney to point out XM products on US webpages and then complain about this worldwide distribution. The only thing that seems unfair to me is the restriction on 2nd party stores in Asia being forbidden as well.

Color me selfish, but once I have Phoenix in my hand I think I am done with 1/4 scale (unless a Byrne Cyclops comes out).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back