Xm Studios Selling Restrictions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SimplyToys No Longer shipping XM WorldWide

Good ol' Murica, democracy and free market huh. Can't blame Sideshow or Marvel/Disney for enforcing their rights. As someone already pointed out, nor XM, SimplyToys or anyone else will lose anything from this, except the collectors. Don't know what to say, sorry for them.

It does seem really odd that XM can dictate to stores who they're allowed to sell to. I'm assuming it's an issue where laws there are much more restrictive than here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not weird at all...it is not uncommon to find such restrictive verbaige when dealing with licensing agreements and international licensees.

Second...it's not really XM dictating to stores who they can sell to. In reality it's Marvel... Marvel is the licencor, and Marvel crafted the terms of the licensing agreement which prohibits sales of Marvel 1/4 scale products in the US.

How does Secret Compass get their stock? Didn't receive a email from them yet regarding my Blackbolt PO

The same way everyone else in the US does; secondary vendor Thailand ships to them...I have Phoenix on preorder through them, but have a very bad feeling right now.

The same way everyone else in the US does; secondary vendor Thailand ships to them...I have Phoenix on preorder through them, but have a very bad feeling right now.
Send them an email, hopefully they can clear something up. Expectations are zero, but time will tell

Sent from my XT910

Yes, we also have to pay customs on items not coming out of the EU. So also in this case you will have to add around 25%.

If its only 25% no problem. Still cheaper to buy from ST, ship to Germany, pay the fees, ship to the US than it will be to buy on eBay. :lol

Well these won't be tempting me anymore. Except that HX Project Hulk. Hopefully eBay prices are not to high. They still haven't sent me a letter saying my HX Project statues will be cancelled but I expect it.

I keep hearing people say they were flaunting it but not once did I witness that. I had to work pretty hard for all my pieces and non were purchased at retail. I dont see how Disney or SS can control a retailer like simply toys. Im pretty sure they can sell to whoever they want. Im not a licensing attorney but I do have my JD and imo sounds like XM should lawyer up. I can easily see some of these foreign entities getting punked around because they dont have the resources to fight it. Im not on the inside so I could b way off but it looks to me like disney sold a limited license to xm. XM only sold within their territory but outside retailers chose to ship outside the territory at a small markup. I dont see an issue.

Then you were not paying attention. They were blasting it all over the companies FB page, hooking people up with how to order around the restrictions and naming official resellers. I'll bet that is what got them in trouble. It would be terrible advice telling them to 'lawyer up' when they are probably pretty lucky they didn't lose licensing rights outright. Heck, the way they interacted, and all the posts of statues received on the various FB groups, you would think they were a North American company. Someone was bound to take notice eventually.

Though this means I will probably never see my Antman BBTS order. While I do have the option to order being in Germany, not sure what I would want to spend 1k plus USD on. Plus having to pay upfront for the full order and shipping...

Well, my desire for XM collecting went to zero, so makes my wallet happy. They have awesome products though. Such is life, I guess.

Crazy how sideshow has cornered the market again it was fun while it lasted.

just had a thought, now that people are going to find a middle man, or find someone locally, or buy from a flipper, people who are too picky about quality or about damaged are going to find it even tougher to deal with to get replacements,, XM will probably have to change their replacement policy or it could end up in a big headache,, not to mention costly as well, for the buyer in the end

This sucks! I agree that this should not have been retroactive! It should apply to future statues, not those that have already been PO'd!

This sucks! I agree that this should not have been retroactive! It should apply to future statues, not those that have already been PO'd!

I don't know why it is retroactive, but it could be as simple as a single line in a new contract or a stipulation clause to obtain a new license that says "effective immediately XM must enforce.... Blah blah.". It could be that simple. However, it sucks and it is not fair at all. I hope all those who put down deposits can get refunds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back