Xm Studios Selling Restrictions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as XM pumps out quality stuff. It will continue to sell out. Big collectors in US will still continue to hunt these stuff.

If I can't get the XM statues I want from a retailer then I'm not going to be collecting these anymore. I'm not paying the crazy secondary market prices. Hopefully I'll be able to find a person in one of the countries XM will ship to and have them ship the statues I preorder to me. Otherwise, I'm out.

If I can't get the XM statues I want from a retailer then I'm not going to be collecting these anymore. I'm not paying the crazy secondary market prices. Hopefully I'll be able to find a person in one of the countries XM will ship to and have them ship the statues I preorder to me. Otherwise, I'm out.

Same feeling. I'm most likely out anyway, I just hope my current orders are able to still go through. If not oh well, it just wasn't meant to be.

This only makes me want to support XM more. I hate when big companies bully smaller up and coming companies and try to stop them from growing. Clearly, if XM wasn't a threat to Sideshow no one would care where they're selling. Sadly, this is not the case. I hope someone starts a forwarding company in Singapore so that we can order and still get these awsome statues. I have faith that someone will do it sooner than later. :pray:

You know the actual score so just stop

Enforcing carefully negotiated contract provisions isn't bullying. This has nothing to do with being mean to someone, it's business and every company dealing with these goods has restrictions on where they can sell and what they're selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^This
Geez you sound like a whiny little girl. XM did not pay for, nor do they have the rights to sell in areas outside what they did pay for/negotiate. They have been doing it while everyone turned a blind eye. That is not how this works, and all you need to do is go look at the SYCO thread on SF to see why. But being partial to them, you seem to want them to have this blanket exception that gives them a competitive edge over everyone else for free. Sorry, that is not how the world works.

there is a big difference between XM and Syco though. Syco literally tried to broadly market Marvel statues without a license. XM has a license, and didn't directly violate it. However they did turn a blind eye, and now are being forced to live with those decisions. I believe it all has to do with them renegotiating their Marvel license.

Hope your joking

99f49d6802984fb29bb395149dca2615.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys obviously do not know Shai. :lol

there is a big difference between XM and Syco though. Syco literally tried to broadly market Marvel statues without a license. XM has a license, and didn't directly violate it. However they did turn a blind eye, and now are being forced to live with those decisions. I believe it all has to do with them renegotiating their Marvel license.

My point for comparison was that SYCO took one little, extremely limited market license, and used that to justify selling, well, pretty much everywhere, and felt justified because they held a legitimate license, at least thats how they portrayed themselves. Having that legitimate license opened the door foor them. I dont mean to compare them in any other way, only that peeps were up in arms about how they were blatantly violating said license and nobody at WB seemed to care.

I also don't think XM is innocent in this. Anyone that follows them on FB sees how much they are interacting with customers outside their zone, how they had authorized resellers-I mean, right there, that is a dead giveaway they were complicit in the flow of these things outside the target area.

Now, I too am interested in what they are doing, and was looking forward to that Ant-Man (Ms. Marvel too if BBTS had gotten it). But it would be pretty naiive to say that this is short of shocking. These same questions were made when they popped up on the scene. The flow of orders must have been ALOT larger than some realize though. Not that suprising, if you count the number of Magneto's in the hands of non zone collectors who have posted pics. Three more were probably just posted on FB while I typed this.

I like XM, I love their product...but I am not supportive of any narrative that suggests "the big, bad corporation" did something to XM. It seems to me a "big, bad corporation" gave XM an opportunity to sell Marvel 1/4 scale products in the first place.

Do I feel bad for XM...sure. But I am not naive enough to absolve XM from responsibility. If you sign a legally binding agreement, then you are expected to adhere to the terms of that agreement. Period...end of story. You don't get to ignore the terms of the agreement simply because you made the coolest Magneto statue ever. Either XM's management team did not understand the terms of the agreement they signed or the willfully decided they were not going to worry about remaining in compliance with the terms of their agreement.

From a career / business perspective this is one of the main reasons that I personally do not like financing new companies like XM...there is significant risk financing inexperienced business owners. They don't know, what they don't know. This situation is a prime example...at the end of the day there was likely no malice behind XM's actions. However, XM's failure to adhere to the terms of their agreement has caused existing their retailers to cancel orders, and refund deposits, and deal with potential negative feedback & reputation risk. How many people are thrilled about the fact that Simply Toys had indicated that if you paid your deposit more than 60 days ago your may be charged a Paypal fee when receiving your refund? Think those actions might cause some harsh feelings and/or negative feels amongst customers? Worse...how many customers did XM disappoint? Some folks have had deposits tied up for months on orders that have been or will be cancelled. It may be possible to secure those products elsewhere...but not everyone is thrilled about the prospect of paying a premium on e-bay when initially had that product on order with retail pricing.

All of this is the by product of XM not following the terms of their agreement. Nobody did anything to XM...they are not a "victim"...this situation is of their own doing.

I like XM, I love their product...but I am not supportive of any narrative that suggests "the big, bad corporation" did something to XM. It seems to me a "big, bad corporation" gave XM an opportunity to sell Marvel 1/4 scale products in the first place.

Do I feel bad for XM...sure. But I am not naive enough to absolve XM from responsibility. If you sign a legally binding agreement, then you are expected to adhere to the terms of that agreement. Period...end of story. You don't get to ignore the terms of the agreement simply because you made the coolest Magneto statue ever. Either XM's management team did not understand the terms of the agreement they signed or the willfully decided they were not going to worry about remaining in compliance with the terms of their agreement.

From a career / business perspective this is one of the main reasons that I personally do not like financing new companies like XM...there is significant risk financing inexperienced business owners. They don't know, what they don't know. This situation is a prime example...at the end of the day there was likely no malice behind XM's actions. However, XM's failure to adhere to the terms of their agreement has caused existing their retailers to cancel orders, and refund deposits, and deal with potential negative feedback & reputation risk. How many people are thrilled about the fact that Simply Toys had indicated that if you paid your deposit more than 60 days ago your may be charged a Paypal fee when receiving your refund? Think those actions might cause some harsh feelings and/or negative feels amongst customers? Worse...how many customers did XM disappoint? Some folks have had deposits tied up for months on orders that have been or will be cancelled. It may be possible to secure those products elsewhere...but not everyone is thrilled about the prospect of paying a premium on e-bay when initially had that product on order with retail pricing.

All of this is the by product of XM not following the terms of their agreement. Nobody didanything to XM...they did this to themselves.

I don't feel bad for XM. I don't think anyone should. I don't think XM feels "bad" or "insulted" about what is happening. They probably saw it coming. Does is suck? sure but they were actually fortunate to even have the amount of time they had up til now to sell to the US because now there are avid XM collectors that will still hunt XM pieces down for more money. And you don't have to pay secondary ebay prices...there are ways. It will be more expensive than buying from ST but way less than ebay. In any case, like someone mentioned, the frenzied market for XM product has been created and that was what they wanted. They will still sell out regardless.

I think its a disgrace Simply Toys will not refund their customers exactly what their paid. Customers will lose 8%, which could run into hundreds of pounds if you have everything on pre order and paid in full.

XM is losing nothing here,their products will sell out and they will get their money, because of all the hype,, they have invited all the hoarders and scalpers abroad,
its the average collectors that are going to lose
at the end of the day, im thinking, all this fuss over a polystone statuue.?? i just want to get the couple of XM statues i have on order with ST and be done with it.

If XM really cared for collectors they would provide shipping to freight forwarding services, Freight Forwarding services are there for this just one puprose, international shipping and global shopping, to buy products which u can buy online direct,
Even a company like SIdeshow offers freight forwarding service to order their products like Prime 1 and Hot toys to collectors in Asia where Sideshow cant directly ship.if SS can use them dont understand why XM cant chose to do,,
i dont think theres anything illegal in that unless the contract says so, instead XM vouches for some middle-men to go to and get their statues

I think its a disgrace Simply Toys will not refund their customers exactly what their paid. Customers will lose 8%, which could run into hundreds of pounds if you have everything on pre order and paid in full.

That's the problem with shopping at a place where the currency isn't the same

XM is losing nothing here,their products will sell out and they will get their money, because of all the hype,, they have invited all the hoarders and scalpers abroad,
its the average collectors that are going to lose
at the end of the day, im thinking, all this fuss over a polystone statuue.?? i just want to get the couple of XM statues i have on order with ST and be done with it.

If XM really cared for collectors they would provide shipping to freight forwarding services, Freight Forwarding services are there for this just one puprose, international shipping and global shopping, to buy products which u can buy online direct,
Even a company like SIdeshow offers freight forwarding service to order their products like Prime 1 and Hot toys to collectors in Asia where Sideshow cant directly ship.if SS can use them dont understand why XM cant chose to do,,
i dont think theres anything illegal in that unless the contract says so, instead XM vouches for some middle-men to go to and get their statues

Dino...I am familiar with freight forwarding services. The question that I would have is this.... Would the use of Frieght Forwarding services allow XM to remain in compliance with the terms of the licensing agreement?

Many of these licensing agreements contain language that states the the end user or customer needs to have an address in one of the pre-defined sales territories. The Fright Forwarding company would not be considered the end user...they simply transport the goods. If there were a middle man receiving the shipment from the freight forwarding company whose address is within the pre-defined sales territory that would be okay. Assuming the middle man sold to customers within the aforementioned sales territories. But if that middle man, then turns around sells directly to customers in the US...then I believe you still have a problem. It becomes a huge problem for XM if Marvel believes they are using Frieght Forwarding services as a way to circumvent the terms of the licensing agreement. At the end of the day, there is no way Marvel will allow XM to circumvent the agreement. And there is no way Sideshow will accept XM being able to sell their products in the states for free when they have to pay a handsome fee for that privilege.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your point...if that is the case I apologize in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back