XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Holy hell...this is blasphemy! Look at all those thrones

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I counted a bit more than 50 in that pic, if that's the whole production run I'd say it's pretty much normal-low. I don't want to think about how many Iron Man and Terminator busts recasts are out there, probably in the hundreds.

that's crazy, but not shocking. The cloth material never looked all that good to begin with, so I'm curious if they will use something better or sculpt it. I'm also curious how much of an affect this will have on the aftermarket prices.

I think if you buy one of these and think you're awesome cos you now have a doom or magneto you're ****ing kidding yourself and are more foney than the recast

I feel the same way you do, especially when I paid what I did for my magneto. I also understand some people who could never save the amount needed to afford one of these pieces. It wouldn't sit right with me knowing I had one of the fake ones in my collection but that's just my opinion.

I feel the same way you do, especially when I paid what I did for my magneto. I also understand some people who could never save the amount needed to afford one of these pieces. It wouldn't sit right with me knowing I had one of the fake ones in my collection but that's just my opinion.

If the price is $200, I think people might be interested.

The Magneto recast was ridicolously expensive, like 1200$. And it looks like crap.

Were you able to see in person the Magneto recast? How do you differentiate it from the real one aside from the serial number?

I've seen the Ebay auction and its pics, there are a lot of details: pics from afar are clearly photoshopped/tweaked to make it seem the paint app is good as the original. The closeup pics revealed that the Cerebro helmet has nowhere near the smooth/slightly reflective application of the original, it's dull, flat grey with paint bleeds. His left thumb, the one attached to Cerebro, didn't fit in the hand properly, you could clearly see the seam... I mean, it was disaligned from his hand. Also, in these closeup pics, the background is a little blurry but you could tell that the face had nowhere the detailed paint application of the original.

Basically, only someone who has no clue of how the original looks like could fall for it and mistake it for the real one. Not saying it wouldn't happen because I've seen people falling for stuff that was obviously fake (i.e. the Hulk vs Spidey diorama, the recast looks painted with crayons).

I've seen the Ebay auction and its pics, there are a lot of details: pics from afar are clearly photoshopped/tweaked to make it seem the paint app is good as the original. The closeup pics revealed that the Cerebro helmet has nowhere near the smooth/slightly reflective application of the original, it's dull, flat grey with paint bleeds. His left thumb, the one attached to Cerebro, didn't fit in the hand properly, you could clearly see the seam... I mean, it was disaligned from his hand. Also, in these closeup pics, the background is a little blurry but you could tell that the face had nowhere the detailed paint application of the original.

Basically, only someone who has no clue of how the original looks like could fall for it and mistake it for the real one. Not saying it wouldn't happen because I've seen people falling for stuff that was obviously fake (i.e. the Hulk vs Spidey diorama, the recast looks painted with crayons).

It's not as easy as a person would think. I thought I had an original piece up until a got a set of marvel samples from Binny RIP and to be honest the paint was very close to being the same other than the light pole. The only true was of knowing in my case was with spideys black lines, on the originals the lines were sculpted and painted while the recast, or at least I still believe it is, the lines were painted on.

It's not as easy as a person would think. I thought I had an original piece up until a got a set of marvel samples from Binny RIP and to be honest the paint was very close to being the same other than the light pole. The only true was of knowing in my case was with spideys black lines, on the originals the lines were sculpted and painted while the recast, or at least I still believe it is, the lines were painted on.

Yes... The recast are improving as well for sure. If you put 10 recast and 10 ori. Mix them up. Pretty sure you won't even be able to spot each one correctly.

The recasts of Mags were way better then most would like to admit. I think the detailing on the headsculpt was the biggest give away, but you wouldn't see that unless you got DAMN close. The problem is all XM can do is report it, and they might not want to cause a GIANT wave about it.

So basically, XM can't do much about it.

That's all sorts of messed up! Recasters suck big time.....

Aaand a Doom recast. Wonder if they'll try to copy mixed media too. These guys are on a roll, someone should shoot their face... in the face.

View attachment 249531

Wow I saw the real doom from ss in person it looks amazing! This knock off will be an affordable way to own one for 1k lol. People will buy it otherwise they wouldn't make these. If no one bought it they would go out of business. But then again they can just sell these to unsuspecting buyers who are new and don't know much about recast new to the hobby. Some will buy it not even knowing its a fake. Heck from the pic I can't tell the difference between the fake and real mags. Hope XM will keep pursing these guys. I wonder is the fake doom going to have a fake eS on it as well? Imagine if they get mixed up with the ss ES numbers. Also ss has no codes to prove its real or fake like XM right?

Back