XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm rich biiitcchhhh!
Seriously though, we are lucky to have this hobby. Everyday my collection brings a smile to my face. I grew up with these characters.

I started with figures as well and went through the same steps as you lol. I used to contemplate buying a figure because of a $5 difference in deals lol. Now I am dropping thousands and hundreds on statues. There is no going back....

Once you're in... you are never out

That's good advise. Peeps can spend their money whichever way they want.

That's right, Yankee. I'm by no means rich, but I don't buy coffee, smoke, drink alcohol or dine out except on occasion. I'd rather spend my money on things I get to enjoy for the rest of my life, and statues fit that bill. I think everyone spends their disposable income in different ways, and as long as you appreciate what comes of it, have at it.

Some dude in GD just unloaded his whole collection so he could buy a $7,000 wrist watch :lol So spend your paper however you want and can live with mentally. Enjoy.

Exactlly... except all these numbers must minus one zero in the end when reporting to wife how much they cost. :lol

Ugh... I buy statues, coffee, alcohol and eat out way too much. But I gave up smoking! Still... between all that and my desire to take vacations and short trips whenever possible, my disposable income is constantly maxed out lol. Luckily I knock about 10-20% of my gross income to savings before it goes to bills and fun.

As for XM Mags, I still love him, but I have to say, the Iron Studios Magneto v Sentinel I just got rivals it. Totally different feels and it may be simply because the Iron Studios piece is fresher, but I may even like it overall a smidge more than XM Magneto. I just love that it imparts Magneto's mutant powers, which the XM piece does more subtly if you display the floating cerebro or doom mask.

Totally agree. I was sad when I couldn't get my hands on XM Mags, but Iron Studios in my opinion is much better for what I enjoy/collect. Brings back some MVC2 memories of magneto roming Sentinel lol

I like the action pose of the statue but I think the detail in XM rivals it from what i've seen. Also, isn't the Iron Studios Magneto v Sentinel 1/6th scale?

XM detail is definitely better, no question. Iron Studios is more comic style so less detailed, XM is comic referenced but more life styled so more detail. And yes Iron Studios is 1/6 scale. So they are noectly 1:1 comparable except that they are both Magneto statues. I just mean in terms of my enjoyment of looking at them, I think Iron Studios tickles me a little more, which takes nothing away from the XM. I love and am happy to have them both.

Unhelmeted version and the new helmeted one (WIP). PM me for info!!

20206960854_4518ecf9f7_k.jpg
20207011504_7f00b514d5_k.jpg
20641568700_c382ad02e0_k.jpg
20836818361_5287d82652_k.jpg
20641753148_8930adface_k.jpg
20836884031_201e041099_k.jpg
20820057792_98f21d271e_k.jpg
20641614998_a164baa9f5_k.jpg

Crappy cell phone pics of the new baby. Pictures really don't do justice to this piece. Seeing it in person is a different experience.

IMG_4054.jpg
IMG_4055.jpg
IMG_4056.jpg
IMG_4057.jpg
IMG_4058.jpg

Wow this thing looks massive in those crappy cell phone pics lol. I think I need to look up the dimensions on this piece

Back