XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone talk me out of buying this...I'm actually considering it.

On one hand I WANT this. I see the pictures and I know it's an awesome piece, even though I have not seen it in person. Also I have never own an XM piece so it would be my first. This would be my statues of statues.

On the other hand for what I pay for this I could buy 5-6 more statues that I have on my list, buy 5-6 PS4's, buy 5-6 XBOXONES, buy and OLED tv, or heck even just put towards bills/savings. I don't want to spend that much money and at some point start to resent this statue for how much I've paid for it lol... (I'm just using the number of ps4/xboxones as an example. I would never buy that many ha)

Someone tell me paying 3k for a 1/4 statue is ludicrous.

Go buy Magneto.

It´s your money, but he would say "Baby i´m worth it". :lol

Fifth-Harmony-Worth-It-Video.gif

There will be more Magnetos in the future. It's ludicrous to pay 3k for it, but it's your money so do what you want.

True... I was considering him too. Double the PO price ok... but 5x PO price, I'm out. I need to rob Jay first to get it at this price :lol

I gave it some thought and I'm going to pass. I'll envy whoever has one, but I'll wait until another company makes one or a custom one comes out.

I'm sure it won't be as good, but I think I'll feel better knowing I didn't spend 3k+ on it lol.

Maybe I'll just take a picture of the xm mags and hang it on my wall :rotfl

With any statue, if you have the extra cash then it's just money... Just like this is just a statue. I know $3k doesn't mean that much to me in the grand scheme of things so I enjoy collecting. I sometimes look at my mags and think of all the things I could have bought with the cash but in the end it wouldn't be mags :)

With any statue, if you have the extra cash then it's just money... Just like this is just a statue. I know $3k doesn't mean that much to me in the grand scheme of things so I enjoy collecting. I sometimes look at my mags and think of all the things I could have bought with the cash but in the end it wouldn't be mags :)

Completely understand, and that's just something that varies from person to person. Who knows, my mindset may change later down the line.

I came in collecting action figures (which didn't cost that much) and thinking that 400$-500$ for a statue was insane, yet now I've spent well over that for some pieces I have and have not regretted it one bit. I think 3k takes awhile to work up to, and the fact that you don't see to many statues going for 3-5k it makes it a little more difficult (well for me that is).

The part that still changes my mind after thinking about it is when I compare paying 3k for this one superb statue for 5-6 other quality statues that I have on my purchase list. I know I know, quality over quantity.

Completely understand, and that's just something that varies from person to person. Who knows, my mindset may change later down the line.

I came in collecting action figures (which didn't cost that much) and thinking that 400$-500$ for a statue was insane, yet now I've spent well over that for some pieces I have and have not regretted it one bit. I think 3k takes awhile to work up to, and the fact that you don't see to many statues going for 3-5k it makes it a little more difficult (well for me that is).

The part that still changes my mind after thinking about it is when I compare paying 3k for this one superb statue for 5-6 other quality statues that I have on my purchase list. I know I know, quality over quantity.

Complete agree quality over quantity but expend 3k in a statue that the price is more that 300% more that retail price, well I think is to much my friend I respect who have the money to do that but in my case is to much I don't mean anything wrong is just my opinion, magneto is easy the best statue make ever since now for my eyes but 3k mmm nah.. Graz who own it :)

It's all down to perspective. I don't understand how people spend $3K on coffee a year. I just purchased this Magneto from a fellow board member, and it is on its way to me right now. I am very excited.

It's all down to perspective. I don't understand how people spend $3K on coffee a year. I just purchased this Magneto from a fellow board member, and it is on its way to me right now. I am very excited.

Well there you go. All a matter of choice on how you spend your money.

Congrats, can't wait to see more pictures.

I was lucky enough to score the XM Mags with coin for retail. He's one of the best (if not the very best) statues I own. He's also my favorite villain. That said, if I didn't already have him, I don't think I could bring myself to buy him at today's aftermarket prices. It would gut me not to own this piece but I just can't see myself dropping $3K + on any statue. I have the money, but that is a line I won't cross. The most I would spend on a statue is about $1K. And even then, I most likely would sell an older piece to help offset the price.

This is the reason I've pretty much given up on XM statues. It's become too difficult to secure them at retail and I refuse to buy them in the aftermarket at a ridiculous mark up. If Thanos still comes through for me, I'll be thrilled to have the XM Mags and Thanos in my collection and call it a day. Those 2 characters were my biggest wants for my villains lineup. Who knows when SSC will release a Mags or Thanos PF? Even if they do, will they top what XM has released? I doubt it. From here on out, I'll basically be enjoying pics here of the other XM pieces I like. I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of Phoenix, Ghost Rider, Thor, and Iron Man. I'm going to be so jelly of the peeps that were able to score those pieces in particular. :lol

Some dude in GD just unloaded his whole collection so he could buy a $7,000 wrist watch :lol So spend your paper however you want and can live with mentally. Enjoy.

Some dude in GD just unloaded his whole collection so he could buy a $7,000 wrist watch :lol So spend your paper however you want and can live with mentally. Enjoy.

That's right, Yankee. I'm by no means rich, but I don't buy coffee, smoke, drink alcohol or dine out except on occasion. I'd rather spend my money on things I get to enjoy for the rest of my life, and statues fit that bill. I think everyone spends their disposable income in different ways, and as long as you appreciate what comes of it, have at it.

That's right, Yankee. I'm by no means rich, but I don't buy coffee, smoke, drink alcohol or dine out except on occasion. I'd rather spend my money on things I get to enjoy for the rest of my life, and statues fit that bill. I think everyone spends their disposable income in different ways, and as long as you appreciate what comes of it, have at it.

Ugh... I buy statues, coffee, alcohol and eat out way too much. But I gave up smoking! Still... between all that and my desire to take vacations and short trips whenever possible, my disposable income is constantly maxed out lol. Luckily I knock about 10-20% of my gross income to savings before it goes to bills and fun.

As for XM Mags, I still love him, but I have to say, the Iron Studios Magneto v Sentinel I just got rivals it. Totally different feels and it may be simply because the Iron Studios piece is fresher, but I may even like it overall a smidge more than XM Magneto. I just love that it imparts Magneto's mutant powers, which the XM piece does more subtly if you display the floating cerebro or doom mask.

I'm rich biiitcchhhh!
Seriously though, we are lucky to have this hobby. Everyday my collection brings a smile to my face. I grew up with these characters.

I started with figures as well and went through the same steps as you lol. I used to contemplate buying a figure because of a $5 difference in deals lol. Now I am dropping thousands and hundreds on statues. There is no going back....

Back