XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think he can be topped. I do think he is the best statue ever done in our hobby. It's not just about a better Magneto, its about a better hobby defining piece. Here's the thing, even if SS did make an awesome Magneto, there is no way they do a grand Sentinel throne hand. The base really puts this over the edge. Also, the paint quality is phenomenal. Did you see that pic of his helmet. I was at my LCS last night and saw the new doom and almost laughed. I know he is getting rave reviews right now but seriously, SS can't do armor paint for the life of them. His armor looked like the same cheap plastic feel I'v seen on other armored pieces I ditched. Also, all that cloth and cape was really a let down in person. It is a cool piece from normal viewing distance and has some presence. I guess I'm just saying if I used the new Doom as an indicator, SS doesn't seem to have interest in doing something so elaborate, detailed and genre defining.

I don't think he can be topped. I do think he is the best statue ever done in our hobby. It's not just about a better Magneto, its about a better hobby defining piece. Here's the thing, even if SS did make an awesome Magneto, there is no way they do a grand Sentinel throne hand. The base really puts this over the edge. Also, the paint quality is phenomenal. Did you see that pic of his helmet. I was at my LCS last night and saw the new doom and almost laughed. I know he is getting rave reviews right now but seriously, SS can't do armor paint for the life of them. His armor looked like the same cheap plastic feel I'v seen on other armored pieces I ditched. Also, all that cloth and cape was really a let down in person. It is a cool piece from normal viewing distance and has some presence. I guess I'm just saying if I used the new Doom as an indicator, SS doesn't seem to have interest in doing something so elaborate, detailed and genre defining.

Honestly, they won't have to. They just need to make a cool looking Magneto statue. Don't forget, XM only made 800 Mags statues. And how many of those made it to the States? That's no where near enough to cover the demand for this character. If SSC just puts out a decent Mags, it'll still sell and be a hit. However, those of us that were lucky enough to own the XM Mags will always know just how special the piece is. There are few statues that truly change the game. This is most definitely one of them.

Honestly, they won't have to. They just need to make a cool looking Magneto statue. Don't forget, XM only made 800 Mags statues. And how many of those made it to the States? That's no where near enough to cover the demand for this character. If SSC just puts out a decent Mags, it'll still sell and be a hit. However, those of us that were lucky enough to own the XM Mags will always know just how special the piece is. There are few statues that truly change the game. This is most definitely one of them.

Without a doubt. Any Magneto SS does will be a hit because of the demand for the character. I still think they can make a good one, but I can't fathom it being even close to better. For fun though I will say I would be highly impressed if SS attempted something with his Energy shield. I was always impressed by that power and how it looked. If any company could pull that off in statue form I would be mind blown and would make a rare exception of owning a double of a character.

I was taking pics of the new Emma and Jean tonight and I couldn't resist snapping a pic or two of what I now fully endorse as the greatest statue in our hobby

Agree.

The creative concept of Sentinel hand throne and art direction....(pure genius!) + stellar paint app and execution = Masterpiece! :wink1:

They can't and won't beat this Magneto. Sideshow will never commit to the spending of resources, time, and money to ever beat XM's. Those days of commitment are over for Sideshow. The only thing I see them getting right is the pose; however, to win collectors on pose, they'll have to depict their Magneto levitating, and to accomplish that, they'll go as cheap as they did with the Chris Reeve PF...paper thin casting mixed with PVC...or all PVC. His cape will be cheap material, and light as a feather with poseable wires. Just like MoS, like Reeve, and like Doom's. As far as pose goes with me, I'm perfectly fine with my Magneto resting on his victorious ass in the palm of a dead Sentinel's hand while levitating Cerebro. Perfect. Quality.

WUkTyI4.gif

hi, new collector here. Has anyone heard from Kayorzz (mark)? I was one of the first to put down a deposit almost a year ago the week mags was announced. i received an invoice for him stating once paid in full Magneto would be shipped to me, that was back at end of april. last email i received form him was back in 1st week of june stating he was on vacation or something, ive sent 5 emails since, all courteous, no threats etc but no response. I have 5 deposits for ifferent XM pieces + magneto paid in Full & he's dodging me... in the past ive purchased from board members here, from sideshow & 2 XM pieces from simplytoys-- Every Single transaction was flawless. Im at a loss here... not sure what to do, am i out $3.5k? would appreciate any help/advice. thanks!

hi, new collector here. Has anyone heard from Kayorzz (mark)? I was one of the first to put down a deposit almost a year ago the week mags was announced. i received an invoice for him stating once paid in full Magneto would be shipped to me, that was back at end of april. last email i received form him was back in 1st week of june stating he was on vacation or something, ive sent 5 emails since, all courteous, no threats etc but no response. I have 5 deposits for ifferent XM pieces + magneto paid in Full & he's dodging me... in the past ive purchased from board members here, from sideshow & 2 XM pieces from simplytoys-- Every Single transaction was flawless. Im at a loss here... not sure what to do, am i out $3.5k? would appreciate any help/advice. thanks!
Someone on the other board received 2 pieces from him 2 days ago, so he's still shipping. Haven't seen him post here in a long time, maybe drop a line over there and see if you get a hit? :huh

Here's a link to the Mags thread: XM Studios Magneto - Page 134 - Statue Forum

They can't and won't beat this Magneto. Sideshow will never commit to the spending of resources, time, and money to ever beat XM's. Those days of commitment are over for Sideshow. The only thing I see them getting right is the pose; however, to win collectors on pose, they'll have to depict their Magneto levitating, and to accomplish that, they'll go as cheap as they did with the Chris Reeve PF...paper thin casting mixed with PVC...or all PVC. His cape will be cheap material, and light as a feather with poseable wires. Just like MoS, like Reeve, and like Doom's. As far as pose goes with me, I'm perfectly fine with my Magneto resting on his victorious ass in the palm of a dead Sentinel's hand while levitating Cerebro. Perfect. Quality.

This.

Last edited:
thanks a lot man, really appreciate it. feel like a fool, its not like im made of $$$. i was telling my wife everything's fine, this is how things are done, its ok to front the $, never had an issue in the past... ill check that link out & see what my options are. appreciate the help!

agree, the cheap way ss made statue are the reason i cancel almost 10 statue already. and I been po xm more then that .....

Ok, prove them wrong SS... I still need a Magneto :panic:

I think Sideshow will prove people wrong. They do make masterpieces every now and then

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

As a Magneto statue... this won't be TOPPED ... it could be matched though. A more dynamic figure with something truly different as a power feature may do it. I have seen SSC pieces that can stand next to Mags and hold their own, but nothing better than it from a design, detail, and paint perspective. So like I said from my perspective matched is possible... topped is highly unlikely.

As a Magneto statue... this won't be TOPPED ... it could be matched though. A more dynamic figure with something truly different as a power feature may do it. I have seen SSC pieces that can stand next to Mags and hold their own, but nothing better than it from a design, detail, and paint perspective. So like I said from my perspective matched is possible... topped is highly unlikely.

I got it. Magneto ripping through a Sentinel head. He would be coming out of it's mouth, head split open. Boom. Do it Sideshow. :lol

Someone talk me out of buying this...I'm actually considering it.

On one hand I WANT this. I see the pictures and I know it's an awesome piece, even though I have not seen it in person. Also I have never own an XM piece so it would be my first. This would be my statues of statues.

On the other hand for what I pay for this I could buy 5-6 more statues that I have on my list, buy 5-6 PS4's, buy 5-6 XBOXONES, buy and OLED tv, or heck even just put towards bills/savings. I don't want to spend that much money and at some point start to resent this statue for how much I've paid for it lol... (I'm just using the number of ps4/xboxones as an example. I would never buy that many ha)

Someone tell me paying 3k for a 1/4 statue is ludicrous.

Back