XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who sold their Magneto missing the unmasked head? A guy on FB is saying someone on Freaks sold him a sealed one missing a head. I'm sure it may have been a mistake during QC or something none malicious.

Yeah, saw that. Seller said "sealed" but technically the styro doesn't come sealed from XM, just strapped. SSC puts a sticker across the styro seam so you would have to break it. Other than the shipper tape, nothing is sealed on XM. Anyway, I find it hard to believe the seller hadn't inspected the package. Possible but not likely. At best it's left out when he repackaged.

Last edited:
Reselling an item at that price, you better darn well make sure every piece is there before sending it out. Factory mistake or not, that's so on the seller.

The guy hadn't left the buyer high and dry.... yet. So give him the opportunity to respond.

XM inspects each statue and some dealers do a second inspection before shipping. The guy may have never opened his Magneto up for inspection. Personally I'd never buy a statue not inspected and pics being sent. I'm sure if it was an error by XM or a dealer it will be corrected.

I have found my new favorite cross pollination display of sideshow and XM for this beast. since I never display that head on Iron-man why not. It fits absolutely perfect. Like it was molded to the hand. 20150507_053950.jpg I can imagine mags crushing Tony Stark in the suit, guts squirting from it like a crushed beer can, before levitating the helmet to himself like a trophy.

I sold mine sealed to another member and it is indeed missing the unmasked head. It was sealed, the shipper had not been opened or retaped. I often sell things sealed because my interpretation of "no issues" may be different from other people's, and having it sealed is just my insurance that buyers do not claim I purposely withheld information. This is my first time experiencing this issue, and I've already communicated with the buyer that I'm going to do everything I can to help. Unfortunately, the seller I preordered with has yet to respond and is known for having poor communication as of late. I'm hoping he responds soon.

Reselling an item at that price, you better darn well make sure every piece is there before sending it out. Factory mistake or not, that's so on the seller.

I figured since XM stressed that they inspect every single piece, I shouldn't have to worry about any issues.

I figured since XM stressed that they inspect every single piece, I shouldn't have to worry about any issues.

I see your point, and I also agree that claiming "no issue" is a slippery slope, depending on peoples' interpretations (and sizes of magnifying glasses:) ) so I too would not use that terminology. All that said, considering the logistics of how/where this came from, making sure all parts are accounted for would have been the prudent thing to do. Anyway, hope you get it all worked out, GL! :)

I have found my new favorite cross pollination display of sideshow and XM for this beast. since I never display that head on Iron-man why not. It fits absolutely perfect. Like it was molded to the hand.View attachment 185096 I can imagine mags crushing Tony Stark in the suit, guts squirting from it like a crushed beer can, before levitating the helmet to himself like a trophy.
I laughed so hard in avx when stark all of sudden had some sort non metal but still armored suit that could also scramble Emma psi waves. It was so obvious they were protecting their golden boy.

Never a good idea to sell something sealed imo. I never buy stuff sealed either. If something is broken or cracked, as a seller, your f'd because depending how much time has passed, you will be stuck with a broken piece with no chance of replacements. I will never understand that.

I have found my new favorite cross pollination display of sideshow and XM for this beast. since I never display that head on Iron-man why not. It fits absolutely perfect. Like it was molded to the hand.View attachment 185096 I can imagine mags crushing Tony Stark in the suit, guts squirting from it like a crushed beer can, before levitating the helmet to himself like a trophy.

Congrats dude and I like the IM helmet idea :rock

Oh crap I just got a customs invoice in the mail for my magneto. Is it normal to get one 2 weeks later? It's from the shipping company.

how come only these XM pieces are getting custom invoices for US buyers? I've gotten statues from overseas before just as big as these, and never got charged anything extra.

Back