XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so awesome to me, we have IM42, then BW, and another IM....

Thanks for the tip keewan. I just dropped kayorzz line. I def want Mags will wait for the full reveal to decide on IM MVII.

Well, IM7 is just speculation as they have all the parts in the shop now, all primed and ready to be assembled and painted. Didn't see any Mag parts around. But they will definitely be getting as many prototypes painted as possible. There's a Convention in Singapore, 6-7 September. www.singaporetgcc.com

I hope they don't start doing 1k edition sizes, they seem to struggle time wise to do QC on 500 ES, if they start pushing towards 1k - 2k edition sizes the QC is going to start dropping as they just won't have the man power or time to QC everything... Seems the hype were generating on these boards is tempting them to go big :(

Anyone in Australia bought an xm piece? Interested to see if us Aussie collectors catch a price break over Americans for once....

I hope they don't start doing 1k edition sizes, they seem to struggle time wise to do QC on 500 ES, if they start pushing towards 1k - 2k edition sizes the QC is going to start dropping as they just won't have the man power or time to QC everything... Seems the hype were generating on these boards is tempting them to go big :(

I am agree with you, I don`t like that XM starts increasing at ES more than 500. :slap

I certainly hope QC don't drop, consider how expensive to ship it back, if I have to send stuff back more than a couple times, I am done. Hype is one thing, to increase ES, they probably need to sell out something first. And I remember how well the Street Fighters line was doing and they were selling out within minutes once a statue went up for preorder. Then Guile got it's ES increased, that statue was selling under retail for a few years, later on Chun Li got the highest ES ever (550 regulars) for the Street Fighter line because Jerry thinks she's super popular, that's when I stopped collecting the line sold the whole set of APs. She is selling for below retail still. It's one thing a $300 statues is not holding it's value, I would hate to see statue I paid $800 to $900 shipped sell below retail, especially I paid much higher than retail to get it shipped over. I don't know, maybe Magneto will sellout since everyone is talking about buying it, but how many are actually going to buy it, but if any one of their statue is going to sellout above 500 ES, it should to be Magneto. Not a fan of this rumored move myself, I would rather see same ES, higher price.

The more they get popular the more the will make. It only makes sense

500 ES for an unknown company makes sense but now XM are getting bigger then a bigger ES was always going to happen. A ES of a 1000 isn't big anyway IMO

It's the DC ES's SS are knocking out which are big

As long as they keep up with there QC which I'm sure they will then all is good with me :)

I think the price point will make it difficult for them to have very high edition sizes, regardless of the quality.

Personally, I don't care how many they make, as long as they continue to inspect each and every one.

The more they get popular the more the will make. It only makes sense

500 ES for an unknown company makes sense but now XM are getting bigger then a bigger ES was always going to happen. A ES of a 1000 isn't big anyway IMO

It's the DC ES's SS are knocking out which are big

As long as they keep up with there QC which I'm sure they will then all is good with me :)

That's the thing, they're delaying statue shipments now due to QC checking every statue (that's only with a 500 ES), now imagine the delay with 1000 ES or 2000 ES, at that point you know the QC checking every statue will end and they will start shipping them out the door without looking at them just like SS and DC does. Anyways it's just a rumor at this point but if I see a jump in their ES I'll be very skeptical about their QC. IMO raising their ES will kill off a lot of overseas sales for them.

You're assuming all the other variables stay the same. They could hire more people, expand the factories, increase shipping routes. Successful companies will reinvest capital with increased revenue to increase profit. Valid concerns but you have to expect that the company will grow. Give them a chance and see how they do.

What's the big deal about raising the ES? Even at 1,000 you're going to have a pretty rare piece and QC can be maintained if the company makes it Job #1. If XM raises the ES the amortized production efficiency should lower the price per piece. Given the high cost of shipping to the US and Europe it would be great to see these coming down somewhat closer to SS pricing. I think if XM's statues start coming in at roughly the $500 mark (vs. SS's $350-$400), you'd see a more competitive landscape.

Will be finished in time for the Singapore Convention is my guess
:rotfl

lol damn conventions…christ i want this piece…I could look at it all day it looks that good…although yesterday I had the crazy idea of having it painted like animated magneto; full purple cape, purple shoulders and purple crotch section…but damn thats a lot of work..il patiently wait to see how it comes out first

That's the thing, they're delaying statue shipments now due to QC checking every statue (that's only with a 500 ES), now imagine the delay with 1000 ES or 2000 ES, at that point you know the QC checking every statue will end and they will start shipping them out the door without looking at them just like SS and DC does. Anyways it's just a rumor at this point but if I see a jump in their ES I'll be very skeptical about their QC. IMO raising their ES will kill off a lot of overseas sales for them.

An increase in edition sizes for certain characters from the expectation and pre-order numbers of collectors is a driving force in this hobby. Magneto (rightfully so) has gotten just about EVERYONE's attention. And in so doing, you can't expect them to not bump the ed size somewhat. Like Nexus said, 1000 or less is a rare piece even if it is expensive.

Take this as an example. If a g1 Transformers line gets done, you would expect Optimus Prime and Megatron to have a higher edition of maybe 750 compared to characters like Thundercracker and Mirage which I would make much less of....say 400 max. That's just the nature of the popularity of the characters I think. You could get away with selling around 750 of Soundwave, Ultra Magnus, and Bumblebee. You won't sell that amount with characters like Gears, Reflector and Frenzy.

It's all relative.....I will be interested to see how XM handles edition sizes in the future.

Back