XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...not sure if I prefer the eye direction change.
i really liked the old one but i actually prefer this much more...i think it'll make much more sense when you can pan back and look at the statue overall

for me, it says..."anyone other fool who dares to challenge me ?"

i really liked the old one but i actually prefer this much more...i think it'll make much more sense you can pan back and look at the statue overall

A full shot of the statue would help get the context.

i really liked the old one but i actually prefer this much more...i think it'll make much more sense you can pan back and look at the statue overall

For me that look would be the old one, but instead of the eyes looking downward in the same angle as the head, it needs to look straight ahead, parallel to the ground... ie the pupil needs to be raised slightly.

For me that look would be the old one, but instead of the eyes looking downward in the same angle as the head, it needs to look straight ahead, parallel to the ground... ie the pupil needs to be raised slightly.

Totally makes sense. Unless they have add something to the switchout parts

:)
everyone will have a different interpretation i guess...different strokes for different folks

bottom line for me is that at this point i trust XM to make the right adjustments to fit the overall context of the piece...if they felt this "look" fit better with the piece then so be it :)

P
:)
everyone will have a different interpretation i guess...different strokes for different folks

bottom line for me is that at this point i trust XM to make the right adjustments to fit the overall context of the piece...if they felt this "look" fit better with the piece then so be it :)

They do accept fan input for a reason though.

I'm one that thought the straight ahead look was still a bit cross eyed, so the change is looking better to me. I actually think he looks more determined than before...the straight ahead eyes had sort of a "lost in space" look.

Ultimately, I just want the helmeted head to look great, though.

Do you have any references or feedback from other places? That should work in your favour if you do. Kenny is reputable because of Tavegg, and I believe Mark is reputable because he is known by Kenny.

Alas, no.

As you can see from my post counts since joining in 2009, I'm kinda quiet.

I've been following XM activities since they came on the scene during STGCC in 2013. (ref: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...tain-America&p=6051700&viewfull=1#post6051700, https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...tain-America&p=6074816&viewfull=1#post6074816)

I had attempted to try working into this hobby back then, contacting members via PM as I did not know if openly soliciting was approved (most forums I know of, don't). Closest to openly asking was back on Cap A's thread (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...tain-America&p=6069011&viewfull=1#post6069011)

Then a period of work issues and a pending baby.. well, let's just say that 2013 was a quite a rollercoaster year for me.

Anyhow, things are a bit more ... predictable now so I was trying to continue what I started to try out back then ... leading to the current situation before us now.(never anticipated things to get so 'heavy') :lol

Are you located in Singapore? While, I don't believe you were going to scam him, since you didn't ask for a down payment, it is odd that you never came on the forum to let people know you could do pre-orders. I'm sure this will be a tough game for you to get into, considering they're are reputable re-sellers and retailers already established. You're best bet would be not to ask for payment until you are ready to ship. Your buyer will want to be protected through PayPal. Maybe try the selling your own toys and statues (if you want to sell them that is) on the forum to help with your reputation. Good Luck. :wave

Yes, I am located in Singapore. As revealed in my last post to Custo, I wasn't too certain if openly soliciting was approved/allowed so I had thought that reaching out to members who indicate interest would not disturb the thread/community

I appreciate your sharing and yes, my proposed procedure of purchase was to use PayPal as the vehicle of payment to give collectors as much assurance as possible that I have no intent of disappearing with their money. Thanks =)

I agree. Straight ahead, with eyes slightly raised, would give the character that menacing thought mode moment. Focused, precise, deadly.

I need to see the head with the new eyes on the whole piece before I pass judgement. I'm wondering if the new direction is supposed to be looking at his hand with the floating helmet?

I need to see the head with the new eyes on the whole piece before I pass judgement. I'm wondering if the new direction is supposed to be looking at his hand with the floating helmet?

I think they would have to make a change to the switchout arms to make that work, but it would make the most sense.

[/QUOTE]

This most definitely resolves any talk of cross eyes and as others have stated I would like to see a full shot to see it in context. I will say that to me he still looks intense.

I really love the adjustments that have been made to the sculpt, I am quite excited for this piece to come out!

I liked the straight ahead look better. He looked more focused and determined. Not feeling this. I was really hoping we were passed the tweaking stage and this piece would be put up for PO shortly. I thought everything looked perfect as it was before this latest change. Not liking the what's going on over there look.

:exactly: same here

Aw man ...the straight ahead look was already perfect with the pics before this one. It was definitely the lighting and angle that was the culprit for the cross-eye.

Now I'm curious to see how the whole statue looks with these new eyes.

I looks as though he is looking at something distant and not in his hands. Should be angled down a bit. Need to see full pic to get a better idea of the adjustment.

Back