XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the government, not the store or shipper.

I think that you Canadians are the ones that get hit with import fees and/or taxes. Tavegg picked up the XM Cap and I believe he said he paid no U.S. taxes on the piece. So, I think American collectors will at least be able to dodge that bullet.

I think that you Canadians are the ones that get hit with import fees and/or taxes. Tavegg picked up the XM Cap and I believe he said he paid no U.S. taxes on the piece. So, I think American collectors will at least be able to dodge that bullet.

Lucky Americans. I'm surprised you don't get hit with import duties...is there a federal tax in the US, or just state tax?

Wow those new pics look pretty amazing. Ink you getting it now?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I'm honestly thinking of not getting..it might be premature and I will wait to see hd pics to make a definitive decision, but so far its not doing enough to justify a $900 pricetag..for me anyways…crazy ik cuz I've been waiting since day 1

It's not about understanding the expression, it's about the chosen expression. Why can't peeps understand that?

I really like the unmasked portrait. You dont. That's why they gave us two to choose from. You don't like either? You don't buy:wink1:
At least you know what will show up at your doorstep prior to committing a deposit with this statue

The Superman EX doesn't count. People wanted light up eyes and most hated the spaghetti eyes. SS decided to include little red rubber eye pegs. I wouldn't call that going the extra mile at all.

Really wanted to say this. Glad you did :clap

img_p7UAG2.jpg

Yea, it's not the lack of interest that keeps me from getting this. It's simply a question of money (and of space, actually). It has a lot of qualities, though, and I'm sure I'll be so envious once people start posting pictures of this in their collection. Hmf!

Wow. That's $600-700 more than I planned. I hope that's not the case here. If so, I wonder what the policy is on refunding deposits. Probably should of figured that out from before :slap

You let one post from an individual that OBVIOUSLY knows nothing about the price or edition size let that sway you? Come on dude. I can tell you it will 100% not cost over $1000. And truth be told it won't even bust the $900 (depending on the box size) barrier.

So don't even take my word for it or Lawrence's. Just have patience and wait until XM officially puts up the edition size and price? I honestly don't see this statue costing more than $799 USD. If this was a Galactus statue that XM was doing....then it would be the cost of a SS LSF no doubt.

Oh and hey XM...just so you know.....if you do do a Galactus....I'm buying that sumovabish too!!!! 50" though......he should at least be the size of SS LSF Doom statue!!!!! Just a thought!!!

Yes it is nice to have a company listen so quickly. SSC does listen though. The Superman Ex is proof of that.

The expression on the unmasked head is my issue. The tease had an intensity to it, and anger and determination. He looked pissed off. It just isn't there anymore. In fact I don't get any emotion out of it now. Now if the drop the brow down in the middle and alter the mouth slightly it would go a long way to getting it there.

I think its all about the paint up Spidey. You can even look at the head and see it has all the same lines and creases in the forehead area. The expression can be changed ever so slightly just by adding a little more shading to the deep creases in his brow to give it a more furrowed look. The sculpt is not the issue here at all.

With that being said, I think the face is perfect as is. I don't need two pissed off heads. The helmeted head is the pissed off head to me and they should leave that alone. The non-helmeted head is fine as is for me. I see it as a sense of sadness and despair after years of fighting for he and his mutants very livelihoods.

However, if you want the more determined head, I think that is an easy paint fix. Hell, it will probably be futzed with by XM themselves if enough people have the same feelings as you about it.

I ordered XM Cap drop shipped Fedex and their was a duties fee for $38.

Me too. Same price essentially. Like 36 bucks I think per statue. And full disclosure now that I think about it. Typically the exchange rate to pay these deposits and statue costs are converted at a less then favorable rate via PayPal. There are also fees associated even sent as a gift. I paid an $8 dollar fee after sending 1530 SGD to my buddy Kenny to pay for my hulk and a couple PO deposits. There are some "hidden" fees in there guys. Not extremely significant to me but if your trying to factor all cost in I feel this may be good info for you

Definitely think the faces look better in the new pics. I also think the expression on the non-helmeted head is just fine. It's a look you don't normally see. It might not be highly expressive, but it is quite 'human'. Why does everything have to be all grins and smiles or snalrls and sneers?

Back