XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still not feelin' the unmasked sculpt. It's not the quality, or facial expression, it's simply not the face type I want for Magneto. Looks boss with the helmet on though. The detail on the Sentinel hand is impressive, & the Trask logos are a nice touch. I'm guesstimating the total price (item price, shipping, import fee's) to import this to me might be around $1500US "ish". For that kind of price, I don't want to have little things bugging me here & there (like the floating helmet, which looks like he's simply balancing it on his thumb). I'm still flip flopping around whether to pre order, but I think it's getting a bit easier to pass on it. A bit :lol

Wow. That's $600-700 more than I planned. I hope that's not the case here. If so, I wonder what the policy is on refunding deposits. Probably should of figured that out from before :slap

No, that's a guesstimate of everything added up to get to me :lol

The price for this alone I'm maxing at maybe $800US. So maybe lower than that. Maybe even $700US? I don't know. Like I said, I'm guesstimating.

137.gif

:goodpost:

I love the shiny helmet, the statue as a whole does look incredible

:lol

I had no complaints before, as I have pretty much decided the helmeted sculpt will be what I display and this will be mine!

I do agree the helmet needed to be tweaked to fit more snugly so that rocks XM went ahead and worked in it. It's so refreshing that a company will do that, and do it lightning fast. Kudos to XM. :clap

Yes it is nice to have a company listen so quickly. SSC does listen though. The Superman Ex is proof of that.

I'm still not feelin' the unmasked sculpt. It's not the quality, or facial expression, it's simply not the face type I want for Magneto. Looks boss with the helmet on though. The detail on the Sentinel hand is impressive, & the Trask logos are a nice touch. I'm guesstimating the total price (item price, shipping, import fee's) to import this to me might be around $1500US "ish". For that kind of price, I don't want to have little things bugging me here & there (like the floating helmet, which looks like he's simply balancing it on his thumb). I'm still flip flopping around whether to pre order, but I think it's getting a bit easier to pass on it. A bit :lol

The expression on the unmasked head is my issue. The tease had an intensity to it, and anger and determination. He looked pissed off. It just isn't there anymore. In fact I don't get any emotion out of it now. Now if the drop the brow down in the middle and alter the mouth slightly it would go a long way to getting it there.

Bravo XM. The new pics are great. The helmets head looks much better repositioned and the unhelmeted face is better than those first pics. Any idea how much it weighs? How about a pic beside other 1/4 scale statues to get an idea of size.

Well, XM Studios have a limited license, so you have to know someone who knows someone. If you are on Facebook, I might know someone. :)

BBTS sells these, but I don't know how that really works, and how certain it is that they will get this.

Price is not known, I believe. Nor is the edition size, last I checked.

Ooooooh ouch. Thanks a lot man but nothing is worth having to have a Disgracebook ha. I will never

You know, it's wierd, I thought that this was a definite PO for me. But somehow the paints on mags face kind of make it a pass. For whatever reason, it's lacking the wow factor. It's a fantastic piece, but I don't have to have it like I thought I did before.

Pretty much BT.

Please keep this the way it is. I want to save money :lol

I'm kidding. Make some changes to impress me more, & maybe I'm back in :yess:
The expression on the unmasked head is my issue. The tease had an intensity to it, and anger and determination. He looked pissed off. It just isn't there anymore. In fact I don't get any emotion out of it now. Now if the drop the brow down in the middle and alter the mouth slightly it would go a long way to getting it there.
I understand what you're saying. I prefer when it was unpainted as well. Peeps seem to be fine with the way it is now. Some guys seem to get what XM is doing. I don't really understand why they chose the sad, blank, remorseful, or whatever emotion peeps are trying to pin on it, myself, but it is what it is. With the opinion divided among collectors about that sculpt, why would XM change it now? If they change it to what was shown earlier, I can imagine the same reaction reversed, with peeps saying why change the sad face? Blah blah blah. I think the only way it might go through more changes now, will be because XM themselves don't feel it's up to their standard.

I think some other peeps aren't bothered, because they have the helmeted sculpt to fall back on. So they really don't care :lol

XM Studios, you are every collectors dream come true, & we thank you. The passion & skills represented in your work has raised the bar to a whole new level, & we as collectors are thrilled to go along for the ride. Keep it up, keep it pure, & keep them coming. Thank you once again.

As for the portraits controversy(?), can someone actually post side by side pics to compare? For myself, the new pics look kick arse, & yes, a masterpiece is born. But I would still like to see the side by side pics along with thoughtful critiques.

The new pics look nice. I am still not happy with the helmet wearing portrait. The helmet is too bulbous on the top of his head...it just doesn't look like it's fitting properly.

Sadly, I have no intent of using the no helmet portrait, so if they can't get a better fitting helmet, I cannot justify the cost for ordering this.

Looks awesome! Im ready to order. For those who are not good luck on your quest to find the right Magneto for your collection

Put a fork in me, I'm done. Now, I just need to know the price. This piece looks GLORIOUS!

Filip629, we finally hit the jackpot man! !/4 scale, FULLY SCULPTED, hyper detailed, subtle beautiful paint apps, fantastic base, & sublime poses. Our time is finally here, & hope SS follows XM's lead. Just hope this level of work can be maintained with the production pieces. Other than that, collector heaven.

Think this looks ten fold better. Especially the unmasked portrait. Not sure why people can't understand the expression on his face. He's sitting atop a broken sentinel with few remains of the X mansion in pieces. I think the portrait is quite appropriate. Lastly the skin color still isn't going to show accurate as we're still.looking at phone pics. They're better quality but mark my words there will be yet another group of magneto lovers when the HD pictures finally roll in. This thing is a masterpiece

Back