XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new pics

10394501_1401159633438065_8235357877992269770_n.jpg

10471337_1401159630104732_730987752299229178_n.jpg

10501869_1401159636771398_1691821319784402052_n.jpg

10525988_1401159646771397_6186381379329513160_n.jpg

10368840_1401159650104730_3003226882232183529_o.jpg

10467133_1401159670104728_7010540455267476623_o.jpg

10355722_1401159680104727_8155443793026318971_n.jpg

10407470_1401159686771393_5597681774544007048_n.jpg

10511160_1401159696771392_6366062516686963552_n.jpg

10553318_1401159706771391_7955397065278204457_n.jpg

I can't do a side by side, as I am on my phone, but THIS is what was teased and IMHO neither of the head sculpts as they look right now are at the same level as this. The expression on the unmasked is very different, and inferior IMHO, and the helmet still is off compared to this one.

ama2yhyj.jpg

I know it is only my opinion, but I honestly think they could easily make the changes. People really want a sad pouty Mag??? If it is a split then maybe 3 heads would work.

The thing I'm noticing in these XM threads is that because people have such a large amount of input they are being hyper critical of the most minute detail. With SS's stuff that isn't happening because they know the changes aren't being made and they don't want to crap on every little detail of something they are going to own anyways. It seems to take pretty big things from SS for people to complain. Can you imagine if this thing was shown with the pits that many people accepted on Batman, or the eyebrows of hulk, or the anything of CR Superman?? I find this can be a problem when you give such a voice to so many people, each have their own perfect, and when you combine all of the little tweaks it comes across as alot of issues, when in fact this looks every bit a grail of the highest degree.

Think this looks ten fold better. Especially the unmasked portrait. Not sure why people can't understand the expression on his face. He's sitting atop a broken sentinel with few remains of the X mansion in pieces. I think the portrait is quite appropriate. Lastly the skin color still isn't going to show accurate as we're still.looking at phone pics. They're better quality but mark my words there will be yet another group of magneto lovers when the HD pictures finally roll in. This thing is a masterpiece
Agree 100% my freind love it great post!

It's not about understanding the expression, it's about the chosen expression. Why can't peeps understand that?

/

@Goat46. There's plenty of nitpicking going on in the Sideshow related threads.

Basically most threads do this ..... :dunno

I can't do a side by side, as I am on my phone, but THIS is what was teased and IMHO neither of the head sculpts as they look right now are at the same level as this. The expression on the unmasked is very different, and inferior IMHO, and the helmet still is off compared to this one.

ama2yhyj.jpg

I know it is only my opinion, but I honestly think they could easily make the changes. People really want a sad pouty Mag??? If it is a split then maybe 3 heads would work.

I agree with you on that!

I think just a small upturn to us lips would make a huge difference. Kinda like when Tyrion told Tywin he wanted a trial by combat...the quick shot of Tyrion while he started to smile told so much.

The thing I'm noticing in these XM threads is that because people have such a large amount of input they are being hyper critical of the most minute detail. With SS's stuff that isn't happening because they know the changes aren't being made and they don't want to crap on every little detail of something they are going to own anyways. It seems to take pretty big things from SS for people to complain. Can you imagine if this thing was shown with the pits that many people accepted on Batman, or the eyebrows of hulk, or the anything of CR Superman?? I find this can be a problem when you give such a voice to so many people, each have their own perfect, and when you combine all of the little tweaks it comes across as alot of issues, when in fact this looks every bit a grail of the highest degree.

Agreed, yet that is the beauty of XM Studios. They are actually asking their client base to comment on the work, with the aim of producing the best quality sculpts possible, enabling collectors to actively participate in the creative process. Man, what a concept! And if they deem the requested changes sound, they make those changes instantly. WOW.

And as far as I can tell, there has not been any requests from collectors that are too outrageous, or unreasonable. Regardless, if any more changes are not made, this statue is by far the best Mags on the market, & a masterpiece.

Filip629, we finally hit the jackpot man! !/4 scale, FULLY SCULPTED, hyper detailed, subtle beautiful paint apps, fantastic base, & sublime poses. Our time is finally here, & hope SS follows XM's lead. Just hope this level of work can be maintained with the production pieces. Other than that, collector heaven.

I couldn't agree with you more. This is THE Mags piece I have been waiting for. To be honest, it's better. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd have something that looks this good. I HATE throne statues. If you told me I'd buy a seated Mags statue at about double the price of an SSC PF...I would have laughed in your face. Yet here I am, waiting to PO this absolute masterpiece. As I have said many times, this piece as a whole paints an incredibly vivid scene. It tells a story to anyone who has even the slightest knowledge of the X-MEN and Mags. Once I get my hands on this Mags, I can honestly say I'm all set with the character. I have the Koto Mags for my 1/6 collection and this XM masterpiece for my 1/4 collection. I don't even care what SSC does with a Mags PF anymore. I know it won't top this piece.

SSC has just become too big to give its collectors the level of attention and interaction that XM does. I've resigned myself to a simple fact with SSC: Buy it if I like it, pass if I don't. Constructive criticism is pointless on any SSC piece. It does no good. We are shown a finished piece and SSC doesn't usually budge on it after a reveal. That's the way it is with them. Take it or leave it. You gotta love the way XM does business. They sneak us raw sculpts and ask for our opinions. They care enough about what we think and want to get it right for their customers.

I won't abandon SSC. I still think they have a great stable of artists and get most of their pieces right. However, their refusal to start a 1/4 fully sculpted line and problems with QC issues drive me to strongly consider XM merch. I can't say enough about how impressed I am by XM. Their devotion to their customers is easy to see and I will be keeping a very steady eye on their future releases. One thing I am confident in saying...SSC will lose some of my business to XM. There is NO DOUBT I'll be passing on their eventual Mags PF. XM has already given me everything I want in that character...and then some.

ama2yhyj.jpg

I'm in agreement with Spidey here too. I love the paint apps on everything but the heads themselves just look different than what we were shown here. There's no denying that the helmeted sculpt here is "shorter" and appears tighter fitting. The helmetless head does appear to convey a little more anger and determination.

All that said, I'm still likely in for the piece. :)

ama2yhyj.jpg

Agreed Spidey.

Dear XM,

Please make the helmet fit like the pic below, and I will gladly fork over the dough for this otherwise magnificent statue:

XX_zpsa57e8755.jpg

Yes it is nice to have a company listen so quickly. SSC does listen though. The Superman Ex is proof of that.

They totally ignore the fans as well, the Iron Patriot fist pump is proof of that. As are the years that have sailed by where they haven't touched a plethora of characters the fans have been clamoring for. But hey, they're doing six Iron Man and five Hulk pieces this year....

Dear XM,

Please make the helmet fit like the pic below, and I will gladly fork over the dough for this otherwise magnificent statue:

Works for me! I like it already so any improvements from here are icing on the cake :clap

I still think the helmeted portrait needs some tweaking. Like Bmutha said, it needs to be more fitting to the head and less elongated. Basically for me shorter and wider vs taller and longer. Other than that I like him a lot and I think the unmasked head looks great. In fact, I can see myself displaying him with the unmasked version most of the time.

The Superman EX doesn't count. People wanted light up eyes and most hated the spaghetti eyes. SS decided to include little red rubber eye pegs. I wouldn't call that going the extra mile at all.

Shipping is what drives the cost up for US collectors. PM Tavegg or Kayorzz for info, also some shops like BBTS will take POs I have been told.

yea, found it on bbts. its just too pricey for me right now. this magneto will probably push 800 to 1k so definitely not gonna happen. guess i will just have to wait for SSC to step up!

yea, found it on bbts. its just too pricey for me right now. this magneto will probably push 800 to 1k so definitely not gonna happen. guess i will just have to wait for SSC to step up!
curious...how could you have found it when it's not even listed yet ?

Back