XM Studios Hulk Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me its the shirt... I think the open mouth version turned out ok.. I think the other head is awful... But Man I hate that shirt... This would have been a sweet piece to me if there was no shirt.

The only other thing I don't like and it's a small nit pick. Is that his feet to seem to fit flush to the ground... It looks weird in all the pics I have seen.

The shirt is the roughest part of it for me too. Otherwise I REALLY love the statue, but I feel like in person the shirt will look a bit better. I don't think anyone who has bought this and has it in hand has complained about it... then again, when you drop $800 on something, while being super scrutinizing, you also want to justify the purchase.

What is it about the t-shirt that irks you guys?

Haha I feel the t-shirt adds more to the statue. It's as though Bruce Banner has just morphed into the Hulk, thus turning his t-shirt into bits (while miraculously saving leaving his berms intact :lol ). I'm really happy with the size, colour and details of the Hulk. Even the base was well-thought out. Instead of just a flat piece of road, cracks are diffused across it, indicating the damage that Hulk inflicted.

Oh, and I definitely prefer the open mouth portrait. The amount of rage on his face goes well with the pose. :)

It's not that I don't like him having a shirt at all, though I do prefer hulk shirtless, it's that the way the shirt looks in pictures gives the feeling like it is plastered on instead of fabric. But like I said, I expect that is mostly the way it photographs and that normal viewing in person would be fine.

They should just have Hulk shirtless... and if people want mix media, just rip up some old shirt and customize it to fit him.

I also didn't like the shirt in pics, but the completist in me broke down and ordered him anyway. I have to say that in hand, the shirt looks so much better. There is texturing in the shirt (and pants) along with subtle shading that gives it depth and makes it look less plastered on. I will post some pics of him over the weekend, but overall I am very happy with him.

The open mouth portrait is my preference for display.

I also didn't like the shirt in pics, but the completist in me broke down and ordered him anyway. I have to say that in hand, the shirt looks so much better. There is texturing in the shirt (and pants) along with subtle shading that gives it depth and makes it look less plastered on. I will post some pics of him over the weekend, but overall I am very happy with him.

Totally agree.

I would love a Buscema style head, like Bowen's Savage Hulk, though.

The open mouth portrait is my preference for display.

Some texture and shading would def help this piece... In the pics it looks like Play-Doh. Not 100% into the pose either... But vids and in hand pics make this look like a nice edition. I don't know if it's worth 800.00 but it holds its own.

I hated this Hulk the first time I saw it. The neon green was so bad. The portrait was weak. All that changed when I saw their 2nd portrait and the darker shade of green. I was still somewhat skeptical about ordering him but Kenny kept telling me it looked alot better in person so I trusted him and I'm glad I did cause I absolutely love this hulk. I'm still not a huge fan of the ripped shirt. Never was. In person it does look alot better then pictures appear. The sculpt and detail is really good. Personally a raging shirtless hulk is always going got be my pick but I am happy to have this in my collection because like others have stated the torn shirt gives this hulk it's own character. Seperates him from other hulk statues. I think if there was a way for people to see this in person it would sway some opinions. Especially if someone were commissioning a new portrait for him

I hated this Hulk the first time I saw it. The neon green was so bad. The portrait was weak. All that changed when I saw their 2nd portrait and the darker shade of green. I was still somewhat skeptical about ordering him but Kenny kept telling me it looked alot better in person so I trusted him and I'm glad I did cause I absolutely love this hulk. I'm still not a huge fan of the ripped shirt. Never was. In person it does look alot better then pictures appear. The sculpt and detail is really good. Personally a raging shirtless hulk is always going got be my pick but I am happy to have this in my collection because like others have stated the torn shirt gives this hulk it's own character. Seperates him from other hulk statues. I think if there was a way for people to see this in person it would sway some opinions. Especially if someone were commissioning a new portrait for him

Is that a subtle hint bud? :lol

Yeah, if only there was a way for you guys to see Hulk in person. The final shade of green is really nice and his musculature is impressive. Really glad to have him as my first Hulk. :)

Is that a subtle hint bud? :lol

Yeah, if only there was a way for you guys to see Hulk in person. The final shade of green is really nice and his musculature is impressive. Really glad to have him as my first Hulk. :)

Not very subtle huh :wink1:

My favorite thing about this hulk is the paint app and the attention to details. As weird as this may sound the toe nails and finger nails are so detailed you can't help but notice them. The soiled white shirt and textured purple pants were also done in amazing detail. The metal buttons on the back of his pants look similar to jeans!!!! The lines and expression in his face. There is so much to this statue that can't be seen in photos. It's a shame because there would be a much bigger following for this hulk if everyone got the chance to see it in person. This hulk makes Gladiator look slightly small when posed next to him. It's just a massive and commands attention by anyone that happens to walk by him in my household.

Gladiator Hulk looks slighty smaller? :panic: One humongous Hulk

I never liked the head sculpt on this. The shirt didn't bother me. Even in person, I didn't like it, but to each his own. Its a nice piece, just not for me. I plan to keep an eye on this companies releases.

Add me to the list, he is on PO :)

You-Have-Chosen-Wisely1.png

Awesome, Mark! Hulk looks even better next to Cap and I love how you have the shield down. All it needs its Ken's pointing left hand on there.

Back