XM Studios Hulk Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can one get a XM statue, if not living in one of the 4 countries they're allowed to sell to?

How can one get a XM statue, if not living in one of the 4 countries they're allowed to sell to?

Saw your question on FB lol
I can probably help you out.,. I'm living in Singapore right now and may be moving to canada in a few months.. And I intend to bring a few xm pieces with me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew there would be some flack for that. Hey to each their own. I've seem a number of people on SF start to order the hulk as well. Opinions are shifting a little bit on Hulk. What really changed my take on this statue was the open mouth portrait and the video thats up on youtube. Someone did a full review on this in a different language and although I couldn't understand a word he was saying Hulk looked pretty amazing

Of course I could be completely wrong once I get him in hand and I may feel differently but it will be nice to have the option when I do.

Thanks RB :hi5:

i think the open mouth changed my Outlook also

Absolutely. That's a perfect pic for showing off this particular portrait. I know I'm in the minority here but when I look at that pic it's Hulk to me. Exactly the way he should be. Pissed off and ready to put a hole thru something or someone

I'm really liking this Hulk now. I've done a complete U-turn with this piece

I'm still sticking with the SS Hulk but your in for a treat getting this Tavegg

I'm really liking this Hulk now. I've done a complete U-turn with this piece

I'm still sticking with the SS Hulk but your in for a treat getting this Tavegg

Thanks dude. I think so too. Initially when this first came out I hated their Hulk. The original portrait was not to my liking in the least. Everything about the portrait was wrong. Then a couple weeks later I see this new portrait and my jaw dropped.... As soon as I saw it painted I jumped on the PO list. They are still in between a darker and lighter shade of green. Really hoping they go darker on this Hulk. The koto hulk was sculpted very well but that neon green just killed the statue. Don't know if you've ever seen any of Dark Spideys repaints on that hulk but he got it right for sure

I was a strong supporter of this Hulk from the beginning. I do agree the additional head sculpt takes this over the top. But what really impresses me is just how big this Hulk is. He is huge especially when he is next to Captain America and Black Widow. Not only do I think this Hulk statue is impressive, I think it SMASHES the SS new Hulks into the dirt. The pose on XM is better, the musculature to me is better, and lastly the head sculpts are much better. Most importantly, XM statues have a similar style that fit in with one another. They aren't all over the place like SS statues.....some mixed media, some full sculpts, some bigger than 1/4 sizes, some smaller, etc. etc. etc.

First and foremost to me is consistency. Second and the thing that XM does better to me than SS has lately is ART DIRECTION. Plus they offer a lot more options with their statues.

The only impediment with XM to some, is that they can't sell directly to our territory...and that's a shame, because like most of you believe, competition breeds greatness. SS would up their game tremendously if this was the case. As it stands now, price is the big deterrent to many buyers of statues, especially in the territories that can't get them directly and have to pay a premium for shipping.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can look and see that XM offers MUCH more per statue than SS does for a fair price. SS statues are approaching $600 now (see SS Apocalypse and Gladiator Hulk and the new HULKs). Plus, XM is making a limited amount of these statues. SS is making thousands now.

I am not knocking SS, I buy their products and will continue to do so for quality products they do. IMHO, this XM Hulk is comic rendition Hulk at its finest. I just love the direction they are going with their statues. They have the best Captain America EVER DONE. They have the best BLACK WIDOW EVER DONE. They are soon to have the best MAGNETO EVER DONE. THE BEST WOLVERINE EVER DONE! And this is just in the first 5 or six characters. Sheesh!

I was a strong supporter of this Hulk from the beginning. I do agree the additional head sculpt takes this over the top. But what really impresses me is just how big this Hulk is. He is huge especially when he is next to Captain America and Black Widow. Not only do I think this Hulk statue is impressive, I think it SMASHES the SS new Hulks into the dirt. The pose on XM is better, the musculature to me is better, and lastly the head sculpts are much better. Most importantly, XM statues have a similar style that fit in with one another. They aren't all over the place like SS statues.....some mixed media, some full sculpts, some bigger than 1/4 sizes, some smaller, etc. etc. etc.

First and foremost to me is consistency. Second and the thing that XM does better to me than SS has lately is ART DIRECTION. Plus they offer a lot more options with their statues.

The only impediment with XM to some, is that they can't sell directly to our territory...and that's a shame, because like most of you believe, competition breeds greatness. SS would up their game tremendously if this was the case. As it stands now, price is the big deterrent to many buyers of statues, especially in the territories that can't get them directly and have to pay a premium for shipping.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can look and see that XM offers MUCH more per statue than SS does for a fair price. SS statues are approaching $600 now (see SS Apocalypse and Gladiator Hulk and the new HULKs). Plus, XM is making a limited amount of these statues. SS is making thousands now.

I am not knocking SS, I buy their products and will continue to do so for quality products they do. IMHO, this XM Hulk is comic rendition Hulk at its finest. I just love the direction they are going with their statues. They have the best Captain America EVER DONE. They have the best BLACK WIDOW EVER DONE. They are soon to have the best MAGNETO EVER DONE. THE BEST WOLVERINE EVER DONE! And this is just in the first 5 or six characters. Sheesh!

Love the entusiam and your post. Its nice to see someone else giving XM the props they rightfully deserve

Do you want to do Karate in the Garage with me?

I fully agree Loric. XM is on fire right now. One of my biggest issues with SS at the moment are the inflated edition sizes and rising prices. If the ES goes up, pieces should come down or at least stay constant but not in Sideshow's world.

Yep, I agree. XM is doing a fine job on all fronts right now, save for the price and accessibility which can't be helped. The three things that I admire most from them are the numerous display options, the art direction/poses of their characters, and the smaller edition size. I know SS won't revert back to respectable ES numbers as they're a business first and foremost which I understand, but the first two definitely can be addressed and improved upon. And yes, the price of SS pieces are escalating at a fairly rapid rate, so much so that they may catch XM sooner than later.

Yep, I agree. XM is doing a fine job on all fronts right now, save for the price and accessibility which can't be helped. The three things that I admire most from them are the numerous display options, the art direction/poses of their characters, and the smaller edition size. I know SS won't revert back to respectable ES numbers as they're a business first and foremost which I understand, but the first two definitely can be addressed and improved upon. And yes, the price of SS pieces are escalating at a fairly rapid rate, so much so that they may catch XM sooner than later.

You are assuming XM's pricing won't increase while SSC's will. SSC will just about always be cheaper than XM merch for most collectors. Shipping alone will always be killer for anyone outside XM's territory. while some of XM's pieces are very good, I'm just not as enamored with their merch as some of you are. Especially at their price point. As much as some of these pieces are great (Cap and Mags for me personally), I'm finding myself waiting to see what SSC's versions will look like. Every company has it's hits and misses. I still find SSC hits much more than they miss. Still, congrats to all of you buying XM merch. There's no question some of these pieces are stellar.

You are assuming XM's pricing won't increase while SSC's will. SSC will just about always be cheaper than XM merch for most collectors. Shipping alone will always be killer for anyone outside XM's territory. while some of XM's pieces are very good, I'm just not as enamored with their merch as some of you are. Especially at their price point. As much as some of these pieces are great (Cap and Mags for me personally), I'm finding myself waiting to see what SSC's versions will look like. Every company has it's hits and misses. I still find SSC hits much more than they miss. Still, congrats to all of you buying XM merch. There's no question some of these pieces are stellar.

I agree with the SS hits more than misses. I honestly think SS is still the better product for me, that doesn't mean XM don't look great. But like many have said, the competition will force both businesses to try new things. I just hope prices don't skyrocket. I think sideshows current prices are fair, and they should not increase any more. On the other hand, I feel XM studios prices are way too high. Now, a lot of people keep bringing up the multiple display options. I'm someone who will display it one way 99% of the time, so all the options don't effect me. (But I can see the upside for most collectors that will display it)

All in all, I hope SS prices do not increase much more.:cuckoo:

:exactly:

I agree with the SS hits more than misses. I honestly think SS is still the better product for me, that doesn't mean XM don't look great. But like many have said, the competition will force both businesses to try new things. I just hope prices don't skyrocket. I think sideshows current prices are fair, and they should not increase any more. On the other hand, I feel XM studios prices are way too high. Now, a lot of people keep bringing up the multiple display options. I'm someone who will display it one way 99% of the time, so all the options don't effect me. (But I can see the upside for most collectors that will display it)

All in all, I hope SS prices do not increase much more.:cuckoo:

With SS statues, I am in absolute agreement. But that's the problem. SS extra little wiggle diggle pocket knife for BW PF is pathetic. No compare that to the knife wielding BW done by XM. It's just on another level far and away right now.

I never had a reason to switch out or interchange statue parts because quite frankly, the Ex. stuff is inept at best. XM is planning things out so they can offer extra options for the consumer so that it means something. SS does it as an afterthought (so do most companies for that matter). In essence, you are getting two separate BW statues in one package with XM. Like I said, I hope no one is taking my words to be disrespectful to SS, I am not or don't mean to be, but I go by the EYE TEST. And the EYE TEST is showing me there is just a lot more bang for the buck. Awesome packaging as well. And fan suggestions whether they agree with them or not is also an extra go beyond the mile characteristic for the fans and consumers.

I know SS has been doing this for a long time now, but that is also a problem, because you get stagnant and uncreative. One look at the Jean Gray PF (oh lordy...don't get me started on that) is uninspired to say the least.

In fairness to SS, they do have some awesome stuff coming out. I love their Court of the Dead line. Their DC stuff is rocking right now. And the new She-Predator PF is awesome looking. But the Predator 2 PF (rip off...that should be about $699 at the most), the Jean Gray, and a few others are lacking inspiration I think. The Apocalypse and Gladiator HULK PFs look slammin'. Big kudos to that. The Red Sonja is special as well.

Maybe the same thing might happen to XM if they last as long as SS, but I see tender care for these Marvel statues worked on now.

With SS statues, I am in absolute agreement. But that's the problem. SS extra little wiggle diggle pocket knife for BW PF is pathetic. No compare that to the knife wielding BW done by XM. It's just on another level far and away right now.

I never had a reason to switch out or interchange statue parts because quite frankly, the Ex. stuff is inept at best. XM is planning things out so they can offer extra options for the consumer so that it means something. SS does it as an afterthought (so do most companies for that matter). In essence, you are getting two separate BW statues in one package with XM. Like I said, I hope no one is taking my words to be disrespectful to SS, I am not or don't mean to be, but I go by the EYE TEST. And the EYE TEST is showing me there is just a lot more bang for the buck. Awesome packaging as well. And fan suggestions whether they agree with them or not is also an extra go beyond the mile characteristic for the fans and consumers.

I know SS has been doing this for a long time now, but that is also a problem, because you get stagnant and uncreative. One look at the Jean Gray PF (oh lordy...don't get me started on that) is uninspired to say the least.

In fairness to SS, they do have some awesome stuff coming out. I love their Court of the Dead line. Their DC stuff is rocking right now. And the new She-Predator PF is awesome looking. But the Predator 2 PF (rip off...that should be about $699 at the most), the Jean Gray, and a few others are lacking inspiration I think. The Apocalypse and Gladiator HULK PFs look slammin'. Big kudos to that. The Red Sonja is special as well.

Maybe the same thing might happen to XM if they last as long as SS, but I see tender care for these Marvel statues worked on now.

You make good points. But for me, the realism in sideshow's statues, and the cloth aspects make it unmatched. I definitely think XM's new found popularity will inspire sideshow to. Take more risks on the poses. I know a lot of people think the new fps like cap and hulk are action poses. But to me, they are museum poses. That's their natural looks, right off the cover of comics. I love it.

But like many have said, competition will most likely make both companies compromise and make a better product. So it's only good news to us. I feel XM needs to branch out and have bigger ES' and get licensing in US and UK to be considered a real contender. There is not a doubt in my mind that more than 70% of collecting comes from those two places! and the lack of accessibility is going to kill them in the long run.

But who knows. I hope both companies continue to do well. I will buy what I think looks best, and right now, I believe that sideshow has still got the baton.

SS will change their strategies with the exc version I believe, if not :impatient:... Tiny knife on Punisher and Black Widow ex is just errrrr seriouslyyyyy, might as well just stick with the regular to save heaps of money IMO. (esp International buyers)

:clap:goodpost:

Back