XM Studios Hulk Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can't fathom why anyone would buy this. all of the sideshow hulks look MUCH better than this for around the same price or less

He is humongous

He sure is. Check out how tiny Ant-man looks next to him!

10494623_10152315921861581_1275066301901441881_n.jpg

i can't fathom why anyone would buy this. all of the sideshow hulks look MUCH better than this for around the same price or less

That's a pretty big statement. Everyone likes different things. Just because you like the Sideshow hulks better doesn't mean everyone should. The original Sideshow PF's are based on the Kirby era, and a lot of people prefer a modern look. The Sideshow Hulk Maquette is based on the Avengers movie, and a lot of people aren't interested in movie statues. The new Sideshow Hulk PF's are nice, but they are three almost identical statues and not everyone likes variants or the hunched over pose. I have ordered the Green PF, but ONLY because I really like the Ex head. If it was between this and the Green PF with the reg head, there is literally no chance that I would ever choose the Sideshow one. I also don't care for the Sideshow maquette either. I actually really like this Hulk, and if/when I find the money I'm planning on ordering it. Just my opinion of course. What exactly don't you like about this hulk?

Except that some people think they don't.

The new Hulks look silly to me. The original is awesome. The maquette is ugly. The gladiator is amazing, yes. Other than gladiator and the original PF, this is my favorite hulk.

Except that some people think they don't.

The new Hulks look silly to me. The original is awesome. The maquette is ugly. The gladiator is amazing, yes. Other than gladiator and the original PF, this is my favorite hulk.

Oops, I totally forgot about the Gladiator! I'm yet to open mine. He's getting a bit lonely in his box, but I have an exam in a couple of days so I'm going to be cramming all weekend. The Glad looks AMAZING, but not everyone likes their hulks to have armour and weapons. Some people want a statue that represents his raw power, and I think this statue does a really good job of that. As I said, everyone likes different things. :)

Edit: Also, some people don't like mixed media on statues either.

Oops, I totally forgot about the Gladiator! I'm yet to open mine. He's getting a bit lonely in his box, but I have an exam in a couple of days so I'm going to be cramming all weekend. The Glad looks AMAZING, but not everyone likes their hulks to have armour and weapons. Some people want a statue that represents his raw power, and I think this statue does a really good job of that. As I said, everyone likes different things. :)

Yeah I love the gladiator and plan to get it. While I try to only have one kind of collectible for a character (1 statue, 1 hot toy, 1 little fun figure, etc), Gladiator Hulk won't satisfy the Hulk need in my collection because of the armor, hence getting this.

To each his own. This statue has grown on me exponentially. I can totally see why people don't like it, but I think it's weird that someone couldn't fathom why anyone would like it.

Yeah I love the gladiator and plan to get it. While I try to only have one kind of collectible for a character (1 statue, 1 hot toy, 1 little fun figure, etc), Gladiator Hulk won't satisfy the Hulk need in my collection because of the armor, hence getting this.

To each his own. This statue has grown on me exponentially. I can totally see why people don't like it, but I think it's weird that someone couldn't fathom why anyone would like it.

Exactly. I just saw a post from the same guy over on the Ms Marvel thread about how Sideshows Ms Marvel is SO much better. But the XM statue isn't even finished yet. It's still just a digital rendering and it doesn't even have a base. I'm getting a bit tired of the SS vs XM nonsense. Why can't everyone just like what they like, regardless of what company made it? Gosh, am I ranting right now? I must be tired. Sorry guys. :(

Not my favorite Hulk statue, however I understand the load of work to produce this massive guy. People have been waiting for a solid Hulk for years and finally they get one produced by another company other than SS. Hope to see Martin Canale working for XM studios one day.

Not my favorite Hulk statue, however I understand the load of work to produce this massive guy. People have been waiting for a solid Hulk for years and finally they get one produced by another company other than SS. Hope to see Martin Canale working for XM studios one day.
Geez, a fully sculpted modern raging Hulk by Martin for XM would be mind blowing. To be honest, I just want that exact piece made. I don't care if it's for SSC or XM. However, if it was done for XM, the solid cast and exceptional paint apps would make that a dream come true statue for me.

Trust me luiggi....I know for a fact XM would love to work with Martin C as well. They have already expressed strong interest in working with the top talent in the field. I know factually they really want to work with Mark Newman! I can't blame them either. Martin C is probably my favorite sculptor at this time (now that Seth Vandable is no longer doing Marvel statues).

G-Hulk is the best imo so far, but as nice as it is I can't add a World of Warcraft Orc looking Hulk to my collection as being the sole representation of the character.

We all know new HULKS will be produced by all companies till the end of the collecting statues business is over:) So there is no ultimate depiction of HULK really exists!:) But I am really excited for Sideshow's gray HUK pf:)

Back