XM Studios Gambit 1/4 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this piece exceeds my expectations because this character deserves it!!

I hope so too. I'd like to see this character highlighted again in statue form. Lots of potential.

I'm hoping the movie delivers as well. :rock

Not quite getting the pose. What's with the left leg up? Kinda like what people were complaining about with Mystique.

Is this a leaked photo? Just wondering why it doesn't appear on SF or on XM's Facebook page.

I was dying to see this. Day 1 for me. Gambit is my favourite X-Man and even though I have the SS PF, I’ll be getting this as well. I don’t think this surpasses the SS PF though

The pose is very strange... His left leg is up while throwing the cards with his right arm?

I actually like it....

9Gke6.gif

Looks good to me so far .... strong action poses can be difficult to do without looking awkward, but I think this pulls it off. Can’t wait to see more angles and it fully painted.

Looks good to me so far .... strong action poses can be difficult to do without looking awkward, but I think this pulls it off. Can’t wait to see more angles and it fully painted.

Look good or not, the pose is just strange. There's no way to explain it, especially when you consider the leg actually swings around far enough to rest on the other thigh. Just try that pose yourself. Even jumping up on something and losing your balance would not normally cause someone to take that position.

EDIT I was trying to think if the leg position would counter the momentum caused by the arm swing and it's possible that would explain it.

I am a fan , hopefully we get a few more Gambit statues as he was by far my favorite character when I was a kid.

Look good or not, the pose is just strange. There's no way to explain it, especially when you consider the leg actually swings around far enough to rest on the other thigh. Just try that pose yourself. Even jumping up on something and losing your balance would not normally cause someone to take that position.

EDIT I was trying to think if the leg position would counter the momentum caused by the arm swing and it's possible that would explain it.

Looks to me he's jumping backwards as he's throwing his cards... Although given the way his coat is sculpted it does seem he's landing which in that case the legs are posed very oddly..

I don't think it's the lifting of the leg that is weird. The pictures you posted show a lot of forward motion. The statue shows almost the opposite. He's tipping backwards and to the side. Now that may just be the angle of the render, but it throws it off. I actually like the idea just fine. Just doesn't seem to be executed well. We need more angles.

Yeah, the leg doesn't bother me in the slightest. Looks fine to me. I'm more interested in how they depict the energy blasts/cards - I hope they use resin and avoid polystone. :rock

Back