XM Studios Iceman 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thing needs some contrast. It looks completely uninteresting, XM can definitely do a whole lot better, starting by shading the body a different hue than the ice base.

This 1/4 custom Ice man is a lot more interesting (not my photo)

s-l1600.jpg

Completely agree on the contrast of the base ice / frost and then the statue

this thing needs some contrast. It looks completely uninteresting, XM can definitely do a whole lot better, starting by shading the body a different hue than the ice base.

This 1/4 custom Ice man is a lot more interesting (not my photo)

s-l1600.jpg

Yep I agree.. As is its the most boring statue ever.

Supposedly preorder is open for this statue.

icemanPO.png

This is supposedly the final piece. No contrast and absolutely boring and uninteresting. Very disappointed in this effort by XM :(

Just got the official XM preorder email. This is in fact the final statue. Epic fail for XM, such a disappointment.

They should of added more blue in him to stand out more, as it is now he just blends in to much with the base....

They should of added more blue in him to stand out more, as it is now he just blends in to much with the base....

It would've been cool (no pun intended) if they used a clear blue resin for the body with some shading to bring out the sculpt, and then kept the ice base white to depict the frost.

XM Studios News

"Scott, I don't ever say this, but you-freaking-rock!"

"XM Studios is excited to present our next Marvel Premium Collectibles series statue, Iceman! Literally, the coolest mutant is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. Crafted in a specially developed cold-cast polyresin material for the first time in all of XM’s creations, this special material was researched and developed together with the manufacturing factory’s senior engineering teams to achieve a realistic frosted ice effect (instead of common clear resin) that is durable and original to XM. The raw material is more costly to develop due to the special attributes but hey, Iceman deserves the best ice materials! Iceman is designed in a dynamic pose on a ice slide, showing his abilities atop a Danger Room themed base!

Bobby Drake discovered his mutant power to create ice while in his early teens, yet kept his condition hidden from everyone but his parents."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

iceman000hajqa.jpg

iceman001pdj1n.jpg

iceman00489kzn.jpg

iceman011vfjta.jpg

^^^ Let me know when they solve the bland monochromatic paint issue.

Plus I always thought the ice ramp or ice bridge is smooth on the top and rough on the bottom. That way Iceman can slide on them easily. I don't agree with the base on this piece.

Plus I always thought the ice ramp or ice bridge is smooth on the top and rough on the bottom. That way Iceman can slide on them easily. I don't agree with the base on this piece.

True, he doesn't look like he's doing much sliding here lol

Back