Statue XM Studios Finch Batman Rogues Sanity diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: XM Studios Finch Batman Rogues diorama

paint makes it look too cartoonish for my taste

Maybe it's just the photos, but at the moment I very much prefer the unpainted prototyoe over both the painted and the "dream" version. The unpainted looks more premium to me, worthy of a pedestal in a museum, like the unoainted sculpture they used for the end credits roll in the Avengers: Age of Ultron. The painted versions look good, but to me the unpainted version has this x-factor: it wowed me and if I had the money and it was a 3rd option, it will definitely be the centerpiece in my Batman collection.

Due to the size I can see why it's priced so high but it doesn't have that premium feel of a Prime 1 statue. A bunch of 1/6 figures stuck together.

How about if it was a shiny marble finish? I reckon that would look cool

No thanks

I don't even need a marble finish.

Just sort of how it looked with the unpainted prototype.

You could just spray paint it grey :rotfl

Am guessing you wouldn't buy it anyway even if they released the proto version? This piece is for a very small demographic and most of us won't actually want it, as good as it looks

You could just spray paint it grey :rotfl

Am guessing you wouldn't buy it anyway even if they released the proto version? This piece is for a very small demographic and most of us won't actually want it, as good as it looks

If I could actually preorder a version that I came to like locally from a place like Popcultcha, I wouldn't say it's impossible. But I've currently got about 30 open preorders of which 11 are 1/3 scales, but unfortunately it's reached the stage where I'm having to take stock and do a reality check and see what if any I can cancel. Probably a few of the pieces which double as Hot Toy figures and statues.

I want this, but don't care for either version. One is too loud and the other too bland as far as "paint" goes.

Hoping for a "grayscale" version of the villians...sort of like the b&w statues.

here's a little more detailed photo of this statue... :duff

43131559_2095066287210292_6446656760659836928_n.jpg

43131633_2095066280543626_9174229364651327488_n.jpg

It looks great to me.....I mean I don’t know what people were expecting. It’s 12 characters all closely together painted, it was obviously going to be a little “loud” or whatever. I think they’ll mute the colors a bit more but either way I think it’s excellent and perfect for huge Batman fans who don’t want a ton of individual statues.

It looks great to me.....I mean I don’t know what people were expecting. It’s 12 characters all closely together painted, it was obviously going to be a little “loud” or whatever. I think they’ll mute the colors a bit more but either way I think it’s excellent and perfect for huge Batman fans who don’t want a ton of individual statues.

Statue Collectors will make you hate statue collecting...lol You're exactly right. I have no idea what people thought was going to happen here. XM has stated the paint was rushed but I highly doubt it is going to change drastically.

Statue Collectors will make you hate statue collecting...lol You're exactly right. I have no idea what people thought was going to happen here. XM has stated the paint was rushed but I highly doubt it is going to change drastically.

The paint scheme follows the Timmverse inspired designs Finch used for the rogues. I'm assuming the purpose was to simplify the paint job. If these were his comic book versions of the rogues, the paint job would need to have twice the attention it does with these cartoonish designs.

At least Batman is full on comic book Finch.

They’re lucky none of their stuff broke all out in the open with all that traffic.

No way i could miss out on the color version, the color give the other characters more detail, I think the unpainted looks unfinished, and its hard to distinguish the characters when they are all white!!

No way i could miss out on the color version, the color give the other characters more detail, I think the unpainted looks unfinished, and its hard to distinguish the characters when they are all white!!

I disagree but that's why there's two versions :clap

I like everything except the cordless drill and hair drier that Scarecrow and Freeze are holding.

I like this...I like both versions though if the villains were painted with more shadow on the dream version I think that's the difference that would make me bite for that one sooner than the colour. I hope it doesn't come out for awhile as I will be awhile paying for the Venom bust before I could pull a trigger on another large piece.

Back