Statue XM Studios Finch Batman Rogues Sanity diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy one, but I'm just finding out about it and every place seems sold out on preorders alone. Don't even want to think about what scalpers will attempt to charge.

GFX has them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XM Studios Album News

"XM Studios is excited to present our first 1:6 DC EPIC DIORAMA series, Batman - Sanity by David Finch! Fan favorite Batman artist David stunned the entire XM team when he presented his concept. We expected greatness from David and he delivered above and beyond. The XM team had initially briefed David to disregard practicality and manufacturing limitations, we asked for the madnes and David delivered us sanity. An incredible and perfectly balanced compostion of top Batman villains surrounding the Dark Knight, taunting him endlessly pushing him over the edge. But this is Batman. And his mental willpower and determination is perhaps his strongest ability. This Art Piece is a testament to the Dark Knight's iron-willed resolve to never cross the line - and hold on to his sanity even when surrounded by the darkest evil.

Sanity comes in 2 Art museum worthy paint application; a full colored version (Limited max to 388 pieces produced) and the Noir inspired smoke painted version (Limited to 108 pieces produced). The colored version allows collectors to appreciate the varied villains in their brightest glory. Every villain carefully painted and their infamous colors and details brought to life, with the Dark Knight in the middle, holding his own. The smoke inspired version is in reality fully painted but with various tones of black and greys. There are also more weathering and detailing work done to bring out the sculpt details hence the paint effort is equivalent to the colored version. In addition, the smoke version of Freeze does not have a clear dome helmet - this is not an oversight. Because the smoke version is a concept of Batman being surrounded by his mental imagined foes (i.e. nightmare), having a physical clear dome on floating smoke conflicts against the concept.

This magnificent art is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:6 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the famous XM quality finish."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

sanitycolour_0103ojph.jpg

sanitycolour_00535jaf.jpg

sanitycolour_0063ljuf.jpg

sanitycolour_008u3key.jpg

sanitysmoke_002wwjzt.jpg

sanitysmoke_005mcjy7.jpg

sanitysmoke_012u2kyh.jpg

sanitysmoke_007c1jc1.jpg

I really do enjoy this statue, but holding back from buying. It's very costly and my biggest concern is that it comes off looking "cheap". It looks too busy, making it look toy-ish. I don't know, just my 2 cents. If it was priced at $1,500 to 2,000 US, I wouldn't hesitate the purchase.

it's definitely a piece that needs to be showcased on it's own pedestal or something like that. I think it would have amazing presence from a distance.

More a Marvel guy, looks awesome....but I have too many Batman....some of which I recently sold....IF ANYBODY WANTS MY PRE-ORDER LET ME KNOW!!!!

Bryan Tan posted this on his FB, must have been one of the concepts

Quite the opposite:

Bryan Tan said:
It was amazing having the chance to work with David Finch and we spent weeks working on the concept that would make an epic statue piece - David delivered beautifully. We pitched it to the licensors and worked out the finances and projections needed to get it green lit. We engaged not one but seven different sculptors (it’s not easy art directing 7 different artists to form a single cohesive vision). Spent countless late nights revising and a lot of money to get it prototyped, shown at conventions etc. I would never forget the first time we unveiled it to David in person - the look of happiness, mutual respect and professional collaboration (Warner and DC guys included) was nothing short of magical and humbling even for us in all our years of producing statues.

And then I see this.

Normally customs or unlicensed do not bother me. In fact I personally love certain customs pieces that are out there. Sanity is sold out, I have nothing to proof or gain by speaking against this particular custom. But I felt I have to stand up for my artists and David who spent years getting to where they are. So this is what I have to share.

To the sculptor, if you truly call yourself an artist, please respect your fellow artists who sculpted our piece. They deserve better. You deserve better. Please don’t call it art or try to justify it; if you want to showcase your artistic talents, there are literally a million things you can sculpt. Do something original and truly inspirational, don’t take short cuts. The commissioner doesn’t care about your next paycheck. Companies like us do.

To the commissioner, I expect true private commissioners to have more class, taste, originality, elegance and discretion than... this. Literally anyone can buy sculpts and manufacture them in factories. No sir, this is not a child’s game - if you have something to prove, I more than welcome you to get it done the right way. Go through the same hoops as a licensed company and level the playing field. That is, if self respect is of importance to you. And if it is not, a good day to you sir and please carry on. We are done here.

To the collectors, it’s your money. No one should tell you how to spend it. No one but yourself; your knowledge, your appreciation of art and talent, your perception of what’s really supporting artists and what’s not, your understanding of what your money ultimately supports. Spend your money wisely for it’s a reflection of who you are. Take a hint, look around your fellow collectors’ comments and you’ll know if you have spent it wisely.

I am extremely grateful and proud of how Sanity has turned out. To people who supported this piece either by buying or simply by appreciating the piece, on behalf of David Finch, Marthin Agusta, Paul Tan, Philip Herman, Victor Hugo Sousa, Hernan Azcárate, Alejandra Jorquera and Tiago Rios, I thank you all from the bottom on my heart. It’s with your support that we are able to go further and continue to make products with our heart and soul.

Hmmm ...I like the sold out version more than that custom version anyway.

The full color version of this statue was on display at Denver Pop Culture Con two weekends ago, and it was truly a sight to behold (though I won't be spending $3,000 on it)!

XM Studios News

- Official Assembly Video XM Studios Batman Sanity - Color Version 1/6 Diorama -

"Batman - Sanity by David Finch! Fan favorite Batman artist David stunned the entire XM team when he presented his concept. We expected greatness from David and he delivered above and beyond. The XM team had initially briefed David to disregard practicality and manufacturing limitations, we asked for the madnes and David delivered us sanity. An incredible and perfectly balanced compostion of top Batman villains surrounding the Dark Knight, taunting him endlessly pushing him over the edge. But this is Batman. And his mental willpower and determination is perhaps his strongest ability. This Art Piece is a testament to the Dark Knight's iron-willed resolve to never cross the line - and hold on to his sanity even when surrounded by the darkest evil."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

Back