XM Studios - DC Comic License for 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: XM Studios - DC Comic License for 1/4 scale

It comes out to about 5-6 DC Comic PFs a year. So there was already 2 announced this year before SDCC. Hoping for another before year end, but Legendary Batman may messed those chances up.

They confirmed Green Arrow too, thought he would be there, must not have been ready. Besides they put pieces up all year long like you said.

Look, I welcome another option. That option could stop harming themselves and making their pieces harder to get by sticking to this grey market nonsense though.

Lol, good one. You cracked me up. XM doesn't know random individuals are ordering MULTIPLE pieces and selling them on...brah come on. They have been hooking people up with these resellers from the start. You can pre order through your XM contact. Hell, even I have a guy. Where do you think I found him?

You are very foolish if you think Disney is unaware or that this has not already effected XM and what they have been allowed to produce.

Disney needs to crack down more truthfully

Lol, good one. You cracked me up. XM doesn't know random individuals are ordering MULTIPLE pieces and selling them on...brah come on. They have been hooking people up with these resellers from the start. You can pre order through your XM contact. Hell, even I have a guy. Where do you think I found him?

You are very foolish if you think Disney is unaware or that this has not already effected XM and what they have been allowed to produce.

Exactly! There are several guys/middle men/resellers on Facebook groups with 3,4,5 Cable Statues. That doesn't happen by normal sale's channels. XM makes some amazing pieces, and I have several of them but securing their statues is a game... it is what it is.

Wear tin hats much lol.... XM keeps a percentage to sell for themselves, the rest goes to their official retailers, if these retailers sell to 3rd parties in the licensed area who then sell to outside the license areas there is nothing XM can do, if you got hard proof that XM is selling directly outside their license area then post it. If it's so obvious that XM was directly breaking their agreements then I'm sure Marvel would of yanked their license long ago.

So yes I agree good percentage of XM statues get sold via grey market but I doubt XM is directly involved in doing it which your implying. I also find it a bit ironic that someone who is technically illegally selling custom unlicensed portraits would point fingers :lol

img-2818846-1-notsureif.jpg

Dude either you are A) playing dumb for some reasons or B) you aren't nearly as tapped in as I gave you credit for. Not sure which it is, but just so we are clear I am not judging XM I am simply stating what we all know to be a fact. There are guys out there that XM deals with behind the scenes well before the PO starts, and many of them have been around from the beginning. I actually don't judge that harshly; I actually consider it a virtue to dance with the one that brought you, and many of these guys got XM to where they are now. I am just responding to what you said about there not being any grey market, because that is straight up BS.

9c48abe.gif

I LOVE the Aquaman design! Flash and Joker are cool too. Cyborg seems too busy. Green Lantern is nice but the ring cannon is WAY too big.

I like Aquaman, would definitely pick him up. Also the Flash would be great if they pull it off. I agree 1/4 scale would be nicer but with these designs also extremely expensive and big

"Don't have the 1/4 license, No problem! We'll just make 1/6th scale statues into full dioramas to charge 1/4 prices!"

"Don't have the 1/4 license, No problem! We'll just make 1/6th scale statues into full dioramas to charge 1/4 prices!"

Their base customers will eat it up. You can’t say anything bad about a sculpt of their’s on FB without someone ready to start a fight with you.

I’m not feeling any of them. The bases are bigger than the guys. Sticking with Tweeterhead.

I think that’s XM’s plan. Since they only have a 1/6 license I think they’re making a choice to go big on the bases so these statues will potentially display as big as some 1/4 statues.

Yea, I must agree ...the bases are huge. It might be XM's plan to make the bases into dioramas, but I for one won't like paying more because of the base.

I was actually hoping that these 1/6 scale states would go with the 1/6 scale collection I have now. In order to do that, I would have to put these 1/6 scale XM statues on smaller simpler bases. I would be wasting money if I pay higher prices because of the bases.

Of all of these, I like Flash the most ...especially if the blue circles and white lightnings are transparent resin. I like the pose and art concept, but also because the base is smaller than the others (maybe Aquaman has a smaller base).

Tweeterhead is doing it right and is way cheaper for those of us from North America. Love Tweeter's classic style and the bases look cool without being overwhelming or having a large footprint. It's Tweeter all the way for any of my 1/6 DC needs.

Back