XM Studios - DC Comic License for 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: XM Studios - DC Comic License for 1/4 scale

I don't think SS likes to risk doing any character they can't sell at least 3000 units of... Where as XM has stated they can do 500 units of any character and make a profit, that's why I think we see XM doing lots of 2nd and 3rd tier characters then SS....

that said I think SS has done an ok job with the DC License, I'm not a big fan of mixed media so some of their statues I'm not crazy about because of that but that's just my personal preference...

Hmm this is dragging a bit, but... I don't disagree about the characters selection, it just seems that they've gone WAY overboard with variants and multiple iterations of the same characters - resources that could have been put into other characters that, yes, are not as popular as Batman or Superman, but have never been done in 1/4 scale and still are very very very popular. That's it.
And I hope that while, most likely, XM too will open with the usual ones (Batman, Supes, and so on), they don't waste their resources on multiple iterations of the same. They already have the alternative line of DC characters for that.

Also Sideshow has so many other licenses that they can't put out 20 DC pfs a year. Marvel was basically the only license XM was making statues for when they started. They'll get to the other characters but at the same time with pfs prices rising each year I don't see a lot of DC characters getting made that are not mainstream. Batman villains and female characters will have the best chance of happening.

Hmm this is dragging a bit, but... I don't disagree about the characters selection, it just seems that they've gone WAY overboard with variants and multiple iterations of the same characters - resources that could have been put into other characters that, yes, are not as popular as Batman or Superman, but have never been done in 1/4 scale and still are very very very popular. That's it.
And I hope that while, most likely, XM too will open with the usual ones (Batman, Supes, and so on), they don't waste their resources on multiple iterations of the same. They already have the alternative line of DC characters for that.

I'm more interested in a variant costume from a comic, videogame or movie than a costume XM makes up from their Batman line.

I don't think SS likes to risk doing any character they can't sell at least 3000 units of... Where as XM has stated they can do 500 units of any character and make a profit, that's why I think we see XM doing lots of 2nd and 3rd tier characters then SS....

that said I think SS has done an ok job with the DC License, I'm not a big fan of mixed media so some of their statues I'm not crazy about because of that but that's just my personal preference...

Ditto. My only mixed media is the Arkham Joker, and while he looks great I would have preferred him in full sculpt. The cloth costume Batman and Superman are just non starters for me. Full sculpt is the only way to go IMO.

From Ben Ang's Facebook page:

35874647722_1bde49eba1_b.jpg

Not crazy about Hal's portrait but I think the other ones look pretty good.

So far I think I can count with one hand the XM face sculpts that really impressed me.

It even includes Darkness. And his face is covered :lol

Love their details and all, but they need to get better sculptors at least to render the heads.

So far I think I can count with one hand the XM face sculpts that really impressed me.

It even includes Darkness. And his face is covered :lol

Love their details and all, but they need to get better sculptors at least to render the heads.

Agree... I keep coming back to that picture wanting to love them but they're all disappointing :(

Yep ...these are for the diorama.

Someone needs to change the thread title to 1/6. Who carries these in the U.S. with a worldwide license? BBTS the best bet?

35936255981_9c4a718670_b.jpg

So the 1/4 is dead?

I'm guessing it is. I heard rumors from people in the loop that there was an upcoming announcement about XM's DC line and some people might not like it because it's not what they were expecting. It appears they are only doing 1/6 and not 1/4.

Here's what someone said on another forum:

Initially, XM was doing 1/4...but some juggernaut in the industry complained and the licensor wound up giving XM the 1/6 license but to help in that deal made it worldwide.

Last edited:

I couldn't agree more. It's their main weakness.

XM Studios News

ssssssssssssvxoqb.png

"XM is delighted to announce our upcoming line of DC's Justice League 1/6 scale collectibles! And just like our Batman Samurai 1/4 series, this line will be available worldwide! Join us on this amazing journey as we explore the vast universe of characters! We wanna hear from you collectors, which characters are you looking forward to? Classic or Rebirth costumes (or both?!)"

XM Studios Facebook

New Page >>> XM Studios Europe Facebook <<< New Page

20229351_190350939653vurw5.jpg

20264772_190350940320urpfy.jpg

So the 1/4 is dead?

I'm guessing it is. I heard rumors from people in the loop that there was an upcoming announcement about XM's DC line and some people might not like it because it's not what they were expecting. It appears they are only doing 1/6 and not 1/4.

Here's what someone said on another forum:

I sincerely hope it isn't.

Back