XM Studios - DC Comic License for 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: XM Studios - DC Comic License for 1/4 scale

I think XM will do an amazing job as they have been with their Marvel line in terms of sculpting and poses etc (not just museum statue poses) but hate the fact that they are not readily available/accessible to someone from Canada (or outside of Asia in general). As a result I am still going to have to rely on Prime1 although they haven't showed much in terms of dynamic poses but will have to settle.

Hahahahaha.,,

At least if Sideshow were making these, they'd put out a ton of characters in a short time.

The big difference is SS doesn't show WIP pics, by the time the show anything they factories are already starting to produce them.. XM Shows sketch art, then 3d Art, then prototypes and then the final version, so we go along for the whole ride... If SS did that then it would seem like they took forever also...

Sideshow's pace with the DC line has been ridicolous imho. 5 years into the DC license and they're still doing 20 variations of Batman and Catwoman while many A-listers have yet to be done. I hope XM focuses on the core characters and villains, they already have their original line(s) to make variants of Batman/Joker/etc.

Sideshow been doing a good job with DC. Bane, Black Canary, Cheetah, Huntress and Killer Croc at SDCC. They can't just make all the A listers first. They have to mix in less popular characters or they'll have no heavy hitters to go up each year.

Sideshow been doing a good job with DC. Bane, Black Canary, Cheetah, Huntress and Killer Croc at SDCC. They can't just make all the A listers first. They have to mix in less popular characters or they'll have no heavy hitters to go up each year.

Every company does it

That's obvious in theory, much less in practice.
You have to alternate heavy hitters and B-listers, that's a given. I'm not blaming Sideshow for doing Cheetah or Sinestro, that's great.
I'm blaming them for rehashing the same characters over and over with 20 versions of Batman, Catwoman, a variant for Batman, a variant for Ivy, a brand new Green Lantern, all of this while other characters haven't been touched at all. Let's say that they'll put on preorder Flash, Martian Manhunter and Cyborg all the next year, they won't be in hand before 2018.
That's 7 years into the DC license before getting the core Justice League formed, it's a crazy slow pace, and in the meanwhile they still have to touch a lot of villains and (more or less) secondary characters like Freeze, Ra's, Doomsday, Scarecrow, Nightwing, Batwoman, Arrow, Hawkman etc.

People also seem to forget that after the Joker PF it took 2 years for the Batman PF to come out, and that Superman PF shipped in batches that took over one year to be delivered. If any other company had the same pace and timing with the DC license, along with all the variants and rehashes, people would have been a lot less forgiving. Just look at the heath about XM's slow pace with the Star Wars license.

Lex Luthor, Bane, Cheetah, Black Canary, Huntress and Killer Croc this year even with all the Catwoman and Batman variants. That's six new DC characters. I think that's a good pace. That's at least $3K for those six characters. I know a lot of people just want the core Justice League and Batman family and villains and won't bother with other DC characters. I think that's the main reason of the complaining because they don't care about other DC characters. Look at Prime 1 and how many variant Batman statues they're making and no one is complaining. Anyone that gets the DC license are gonna make as many Batman versions as they can because it will sell. PCS does the same with Akuma, Ryu, Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

Lex Luthor, Bane, Cheetah, Black Canary, Huntress and Killer Croc this year even with all the Catwoman and Batman variants. That's six new DC characters. I think that's a good pace. That's at least $3K for those six characters. I know a lot of people just want the core Justice League and Batman family and villains and won't bother with other DC characters. I think that's the main reason of the complaining because they don't care about other DC characters. Look at Prime 1 and how many variant Batman statues they're making and no one is complaining. Anyone that gets the DC license are gonna make as many Batman versions as they can because it will sell. PCS does the same with Akuma, Ryu, Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

When PCS had their DC license, the first one they did was Batman

And it stopped after Batman.

xmdczquk3.png

xmdcvk2sgi.png

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

"Dear community,

after the announcement from the new XM Studios full sculpted DC Comics 1/4 scale license there is now an poll. Vote for your favorite heroe or villain on StatueForum.com. There is an fantastic choice of characters from the whole DC universe.

Heroes: https://bit.ly/2ecC0sh
Villains: https://bit.ly/2eqcXPW

Who would you like to add to your collection display?

Greetz
GHeroes"

That's obvious in theory, much less in practice.
You have to alternate heavy hitters and B-listers, that's a given. I'm not blaming Sideshow for doing Cheetah or Sinestro, that's great.
I'm blaming them for rehashing the same characters over and over with 20 versions of Batman, Catwoman, a variant for Batman, a variant for Ivy, a brand new Green Lantern, all of this while other characters haven't been touched at all. Let's say that they'll put on preorder Flash, Martian Manhunter and Cyborg all the next year, they won't be in hand before 2018.
That's 7 years into the DC license before getting the core Justice League formed, it's a crazy slow pace, and in the meanwhile they still have to touch a lot of villains and (more or less) secondary characters like Freeze, Ra's, Doomsday, Scarecrow, Nightwing, Batwoman, Arrow, Hawkman etc.

People also seem to forget that after the Joker PF it took 2 years for the Batman PF to come out, and that Superman PF shipped in batches that took over one year to be delivered. If any other company had the same pace and timing with the DC license, along with all the variants and rehashes, people would have been a lot less forgiving. Just look at the heath about XM's slow pace with the Star Wars license.

XM 4 iron Man statues, 3 Hulks, 2 Captain Americas, 2 Thors, and 2 Spider-Man statues all in different stages of development and they put out what 6-10 statues a year??? When you have a big license you show off the big boys and girls ... that is where the money is.

Yes, but they're not taking 5 years to make the main Avengers AND secondary characters, so the comparison doesn't really hold up. They've done the main Avengers and a ton of secondary characters, both heroes and villains. Meanwhile, Justice League is halfway in 5 years and secondary characters, especially villains, are still lacking in favor of literally the tenth Batman and sixth Catwoman.
There's quite a difference.

Yes, but they're not taking 5 years to make the main Avengers AND secondary characters, so the comparison doesn't really hold up. They've done the main Avengers and a ton of secondary characters, both heroes and villains. Meanwhile, Justice League is halfway in 5 years and secondary characters, especially villains, are still lacking in favor of literally the tenth Batman and sixth Catwoman.
There's quite a difference.

Not really in fact it is almost worse in some ways. If you are only putting out 6-10 statues period per year ANY duplication takes away from your totally output way more than the extra Batmen that SSC does when they are putting out well over 20 different statues a year. Also the extra Batman or for the most part specific to the movie licenses and my guess is the time frame for those is being dictated by the license holder Warner Brothers. Let's be honest SSC has done a fine job with the DC line, but the license holder is the corporation in charge of what they get to do. SSC has done 3 comic Batmen, 1 video game, 1 tv show, and 3 movies, but I would bet that everything after those first three has been carefully controlled. All companies make the big guys over and over. Also, yes the Flash and MM haven't been done, but maybe they aren't happy with any designs.

Bottom line, with their few statues a year, XM has made the core of the Avengers and some more secondary characters and villains in less than 2 years.
Spidey is coming in multiple iterations along with all his rogues, that are coming out quickly and steadily. In the meanwhile there are a lot of secondary characters being done and coming out pretty quickly, divided in teams. Other than the Spidey rogues, they're progressing the X Men, the Asgardians and "street" level people like Punisher, Iron Fist and Ghost Rider, that blend together.
Please remind me what's Sideshow doing for the rest of the JL, the Lanterns, Superman rogues, Batman rogues in the meanwhile? The Batman characters were all T&A fest before Bane, talking about resources going to waste doing the n-th Catwoman and the variant of the variant of the same statue(s).

My reply was about the "snail pace" mentioned before.
If XM has a snail pace, Sideshow taking 5 years to do half the Justice League should be considered even slower - but people seem to be fine with it. Ergo, either the "snail pace" is ok for every manifacturer, or is not for every manifacturer. It's not like it can be ok for one and not for the other, it's double standards. I think XM does have a snail pace on the Star Wars license, for example. We know it's due to the licensor... doesn't change the fact that it's a snail pace.

I think this all the DC comic pfs not counting variant colors or new sculpt like the new GL and Red Son Batman.

Joker
Poison Ivy
Batman
Superman
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Catwoman
Aquaman
Harley Quinn
Sinestro
Bane
Lex Luthor
Darkseid
Huntress
Black Canary
Killer Croc
Cheetah
Power Girl
Supergirl
Lobo
Dawg

That's a good selection of characters. Only the first GL and Supergirl have received a mixed reaction from collectors.

Hmm this is dragging a bit, but... I don't disagree about the characters selection, it just seems that they've gone WAY overboard with variants and multiple iterations of the same characters - resources that could have been put into other characters that, yes, are not as popular as Batman or Superman, but have never been done in 1/4 scale and still are very very very popular. That's it.
And I hope that while, most likely, XM too will open with the usual ones (Batman, Supes, and so on), they don't waste their resources on multiple iterations of the same. They already have the alternative line of DC characters for that.

Back