XM Studios Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best maul ever! Portrait is so much more aggressive than ss! Pose is the best seen for this character! And the bike is so much better than ss flat bases and exploding smoke bases. This is so much more creative and awesome than the ss standing calm pose maul. This is the maul to own! Actually I do love the ss chicken leg mail ex as much. Both must owns for Star Wars fans! How how a pf spider maul next like the GG version!

again.. to me.. all star wars XM statues have a kind of comic touch to it (or something like the unleashed series from about 10 years back by Hasbro).. not sure why (guess thats just an XM style) and this maul is no exception to me ...which is not a bad thing.. for the ones who like that style

Completely agree. XM Star Wars statues are like really well made and expensive toys. Sideshow and Iron Studios really gets that realistic look down while XM just goes in a whole other non movie accurate animated movie direction.

again.. to me.. all star wars XM statues have a kind of comic touch to it (or something like the unleashed series from about 10 years back by Hasbro).. not sure why (guess thats just an XM style) and this maul is no exception to me ...which is not a bad thing.. for the ones who like that style

agree 100%

Have the opportunity to get this at retail, but highly doubtful I'll have the room for it (both space and economy)... tough choice.

Miles better?

Darth%20Maul.jpg

XM's version has a lot more detail to his face then SS, IMO.

Thanks for that comparison. I think both look good, but neither are identical. Both have interpretive elements. Honestly, the Mythos Maul looks more like Ray Park than these do. That being said, Xm over the SS piece for me.

My only concern with this statue is maul will not probably fits into any any current ikea or besta due to his double blade saber... need to measure his size for the custom glass cabinet.

My guess is:

Those that liked the Yoda/Dooku duel, will like this.

Those that like the Vader/Luke Bespin duel, will not.

:)

My only concern with this statue is maul will not probably fits into any any current ikea or besta due to his double blade saber... need to measure his size for the custom glass cabinet.

Fits in a Besta just fine with double saber.

Fits in a Besta just fine with double saber.

Thanks man but i think Maul wont fit into a besta

I check this video those guy have already measured the size of XM Maul (it might slightly diffrent with actual one when it coming out though this is just estimate)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsmMm5mIM6A&t=4s
Maul statue:
(66 x 56 x 51 - H x W x D) cm

Besta: (64 x 60 x 40)

Or IKEA has bigger BESTA size ?

Miles better?

Darth%20Maul.jpg

XM's version has a lot more detail to his face then SS, IMO.

I have to laugh at these comparison shots... Why grab a screen shot of Mauls face with the same expression and angle as XM and then compare it to the SS version with a very different angle ad expression??

Having said that.. SS portrait is still better IMO.. XM is too narrow and wrinkly.

However I do think the portrait it the best part of the piece.. I really hate the rest of it.. I know its loved but it just looks goofy to me..

Wow I never noticed how inaccurate the black paint around Maul's center forehead horn is on the Sideshow piece. Did they even try to get it close to the movie? :lol

It expected to be shipped around Q3 this year, cannot wait for mine. I awalys see SS version of both 1/6 and PF Maul is pretty boring and overpriced

I just wish this piece had switchouts. Easier to justify spending big money for a statue when there are multiple heads, arms, etc.

Back