XM Studios Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad about the inconvenience this has created for what seems like at least half of the folks who bought this. As great as this thing looks the way it is constructed did always look like a disaster waiting to happen. Sideshow had similar issues with the McQuarrie Vader. I lucked out there and got a good one. If I received a perfect example of this Maul I don't think I would ever try to box it back up. What a pain in the arse if you had to move...

Well good news today, I received my full replacement and nothing broke. I'm over the moon.

For the owners of this piece if you had limited resources and no PT presence yet with figures or statues would you...

1) Buy this one for my Maul representation & fun factor (it’s such a badass statue)

Or

2) Skip this and get the HT 6th scale Maul along with Obi & Anakin.

Kinda torn as I like the 6th scale figures (I’m not too picky on likeness or details etc) but honestly I barely touch the four I own (HT ESB Vader, Leia, Yoda & Fett). Hence why I was thinking about going the statue route & less is more as I don’t have a ton of display space.

Thoughts ?

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the owners of this piece if you had limited resources and no PT presence yet with figures or statues would you...

1) Buy this one for my Maul representation & fun factor (it’s such a badass statue)

Or

Kinda torn as I like the 6th scale figures (I’m not too picky on likeness or details etc) but honestly I barely touch the four I own (HT ESB Vader, Leia, Yoda & Fett). Hence why I was thinking about going the statue route & less is more as I don’t have a ton of display space.

Thoughts ?

Thanks!!!

OMG not even a question, XM Maul is the definitive Maul out there. A privilege to own and never ever leaving my collection.
1/6 scale will come and go and be re-released, but not this beauty!

Or

Thoughts ?

Thanks!!!

I have XM Darth Maul in hand, and to be honest its just absolutely freaking phenomenal! The presence of this statue is just pure madness, and it will definitely elevate your collection to a whole new level. However, be vigiliant of high possibility of breakage issue during shipping. I consider myself extremely lucky to have this one delivered in mint condition, and keep in mind there are only 270 pieces made by XM, better grab it while you still can though...otherwise the price probably would be skyrocketed later at some point.

and Im also getting Hot Toys Darth Maul speeder bike set :p

As above, XM darth maul is one stunning piece and huge, but be aware something might break. I had the cape break and handle bar. Thankfully I was one of the first to complain so was issued a full replacement but I think all XM now offer is $150 refund. I had to smash the rest of my first one up which was heart breaking but I did manage to save a few bits so I have quite a few spare bits just incase and I have all the packaging, box's and book from the first one I received.

Thanks for the replies! I feel this is the direction for me bc of the rarity & added value plus I mean it just looks epic and I love Maul. Now I just need to save up quickly & buy it....than fingers crossed on it arriving undamaged.

I think the previous Sideshow PF is the most definitive version of Maul but the XM is the showiest piece and has the most wow factor.

I think the previous Sideshow PF is the most definitive version of Maul but the XM is the showiest piece and has the most wow factor.

This one ? I’ve seen this at Hollywood Studios it is sweet looking too. I’d get a cloak if I went with him instead (for cost reasons) to have at his feet.

1b9ab112967f16736eb5f6e9d957e056.jpg

This one ? I’ve seen this at Hollywood Studios it is sweet looking too. I’d get a cloak if I went with him instead (for cost reasons) to have at his feet.

I have this in my loft all boxed and sealed, never opened it when it arrived from sideshow. I know the tailors for MYC sculptures do a cloak for him which I need to get.

I got the XM Maul in today. I'm more of a casual SW fan compared to most of you die-hards, but I've loved Maul since 1999 and decided to pick this one up.

It's easily the most dynamic statue I own and visually it's incredibly impressive. The size of the speeder alone is unreal--that's a great statue in and of itself. Once I put the headsculpt on, the statue gained so much energy and life. It's really impressive. To the point that I am strongly considering just buying less and solely rocking with XM Studios--I just think they're on a different level in terms of concept and execution (and I think cold cast porcelain just looks great when displayed).

Luckily I didn't have the infamous cape break (though I likely increased my odds of it arriving safely by having the seller check it all out before sending it). Outside of a few small issues (saber blades aren't perfectly even, but we're talking millimeter differences here, small nick of black paint rubbed off the tip of the cape and a small hairline fracture on the blade), I'm very happy (especially considering I know I can't get anything replaced).

I got the XM Maul in today. I'm more of a casual SW fan compared to most of you die-hards, but I've loved Maul since 1999 and decided to pick this one up.

It's easily the most dynamic statue I own and visually it's incredibly impressive. The size of the speeder alone is unreal--that's a great statue in and of itself. Once I put the headsculpt on, the statue gained so much energy and life. It's really impressive. To the point that I am strongly considering just buying less and solely rocking with XM Studios--I just think they're on a different level in terms of concept and execution (and I think cold cast porcelain just looks great when displayed).

Luckily I didn't have the infamous cape break (though I likely increased my odds of it arriving safely by having the seller check it all out before sending it). Outside of a few small issues (saber blades aren't perfectly even, but we're talking millimeter differences here, small nick of black paint rubbed off the tip of the cape and a small hairline fracture on the blade), I'm very happy (especially considering I know I can't get anything replaced).

That’s awesome !!! Photos r a must [emoji106]

Yeah. I love it. I've got the SS and XM next to each other.

Back