XM Studios Alien by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bases with this line are just insane. They are crazy huge. I think they should've done these in 1/4.

Agreed.

Still wouldn't have bought either the Pred or the Alien at 1:4 though - these just miss the mark in so many other ways for me.

Thanks for the pics & vids though folks! :hi5:

Wins stupidest base ever award for the alien treading on another aliens head :thud:
If they took the alien out of the base it would be so much better.

My thoughts after seeing the base: sucks to be that lower Xeno.
Then: Must’ve been hurt for his tongue is sticking WAY out
Finally: what is Narin thinking?

Yeah they've doubled down on the alien factor but doubled down on the ****ing stoopid in doing so

You know what...*sigh* I think I get what he was going for...they're insectoid, there's a sense of urgency as they clamor over one another to get to prey....it just doesn't speak to me though.

This didn't "wow". It's big, it'll surely be heavy and expensive to ship and amazing gly well painted....but this will be a pass with all that's going to be involved.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Pictures by Paul Tan

34685774_1015619947631cszj.jpg

34718396_101561994764xpsvx.jpg

Amazing pics. Can’t wait to see this in Singapore. Must resist buying these. Just too large for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

standing on the aliens head doesn't look right too me, couldn't afford the shipping anyway

I notice a little bit of AVP:R warrior design elements in the mix😕

I notice a little bit of AVP:R warrior design elements in the mix��

I think ADI did a good job with that movie. Narin must be inspired by it a lot, plus Sideshow LSF Wolf Predator, judging from his later "bigger" works were all trying to follow kinetic pose trends that piece started.

And is it just me that this piece is so WIP that the lower Xeno was just hastily inserted there in order to support the upper one, which Narin couldn't actually find the solution for it?

I think ADI did a good job with that movie. Narin must be inspired by it a lot, plus Sideshow LSF Wolf Predator, judging from his later "bigger" works were all trying to follow kinetic pose trends that piece started.

And is it just me that this piece is so WIP that the lower Xeno was just hastily inserted there in order to support the upper one, which Narin couldn't actually find the solution for it?

Narin was doing dynamic poses before that Wolf morris-dancer was made public :)

As for anything hasty - Narin is a perfectionist - he doesn't rush anything.

Really wish he could fix such base. I think he's best with piece that has static pose though. His 1:4 Azog looks really great but King & Queen and these XM... not so much.

I think he's best with piece with static pose though. His Azogg looks really great but King & Queen and these XM... not so much.
Really? I actually really like the King and Queen pose.

Really? I actually really like the King and Queen pose.

To each of his own. I really like his new 1:4 Azog but those, including "Hellbreed"... are not my cup of tea though.

Early stages people. I do however think the one with the inner jaw out should be in top and not underneath

f260b6330caabe6259a192f5d38e428c.jpg

Quite simply one of the best pieces at the show. I was totally blown away by this piece

Back