XM Studios 1/4 Elektra Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super Girl and Jean Grey would like a word with you. :lol

Well Jean Grey hasn't been released yet, and she could've had a better overall look, but she still looks like a woman and her face works. Batgirl, Powergirl, Vampirella and Machiko are their most current female releases that all had production pieces on display at SDCC or via Sideshow announcements, and all of them look fantastic. Supergirl also has a beautiful sculpt sans her headsculpt, which they're apparently working on.

Overall I'd say they're well above par for recent releases on the female front (even with the potential dud that could be Emma Frost), and that's not including the prototypes we saw at SDCC such as Red Sonja and Lady Death. As it is with everything, it'd all depend on the sculpt and pose, but I'd be stoked if they attempted Elektra again!

Well Jean Grey hasn't been released yet, and she could've had a better overall look, but she still looks like a woman and her face works. Batgirl, Powergirl, Vampirella and Machiko are their most current female releases that all had production pieces on display at SDCC or via Sideshow announcements, and all of them look fantastic. Supergirl also has a beautiful sculpt sans her headsculpt, which they're apparently working on.

Overall I'd say they're well above par for recent releases on the female front (even with the potential dud that could be Emma Frost), and that's not including the prototypes we saw at SDCC such as Red Sonja and Lady Death. As it is with everything, it'd all depend on the sculpt and pose, but I'd be stoked if they attempted Elektra again!

Super Girl, Jean, Emma, Ted Sonya -vs- Batgirl, Powergirl, Vampirella, Machiko, Red Sonya is a coin flip at best really. Def would like to see another take on the character and a dynamic pose to go with any DD.

Super Girl, Jean, Emma, Ted Sonya -vs- Batgirl, Powergirl, Vampirella, Machiko, Red Sonya is a coin flip at best really. Def would like to see another take on the character and a dynamic pose to go with any DD.

I'd say Supergirl is a win if they fix the headsculpt. If they don't, it's an unfortunate waste of a great overall sculpt otherwise! I'd lean Red Sonja on the side of being a hit over being a miss, just because it'd take something drastic to make her a miss!

The exchange rate is kickin' my arse, but if this was a superb Elektra, I'd PROBABLY figure out some way to make it work (though Prime 1's Arkham Knight series has really grabbed my attention -- and likely my wallet for next year! :lol) as I'd really love a great Elektra my collection. I'm sure paints will make this one a solid piece overall for those who want her, but it's just not the Elektra I'd spend well over $1000 for. That kind of money requires the statue receiving an, "I need that!" reaction when you see it...and even then it'd have to be a character I love!

The Sideshow Daredevil missed the mark (in my eyes, at least) with the awkward pose, and this one has kinda done the same. I love the XM Daredevil, which is why I ordered it, so here's hoping that maybe the reverse will happen and Sideshow will release a worthwhile Elektra (again, in my eyes, at least) with a more dynamic pose to go with him! With the show's surge in popularity, I would have to think that they'd aim to make another in the next year or so.

I'd say Supergirl is a win if they fix the headsculpt. If they don't, it's an unfortunate waste of a great overall sculpt otherwise! I'd lean Red Sonja on the side of being a hit over being a miss, just because it'd take something drastic to make her a miss!

The exchange rate is kickin' my arse, but if this was a superb Elektra, I'd PROBABLY figure out some way to make it work (though Prime 1's Arkham Knight series has really grabbed my attention -- and likely my wallet for next year! :lol) as I'd really love a great Elektra my collection. I'm sure paints will make this one a solid piece overall for those who want her, but it's just not the Elektra I'd spend well over $1000 for. That kind of money requires the statue receiving an, "I need that!" reaction when you see it...and even then it'd have to be a character I love!

The Sideshow Daredevil missed the mark (in my eyes, at least) with the awkward pose, and this one has kinda done the same. I love the XM Daredevil, which is why I ordered it, so here's hoping that maybe the reverse will happen and Sideshow will release a worthwhile Elektra (again, in my eyes, at least) with a more dynamic pose to go with him! With the show's surge in popularity, I would have to think that they'd aim to make another in the next year or so.

When you're going to drop anywhere from $750+ for these or $2,000+ for Prime 1 they really have to be home runs unless you just have too much bloody money lol. Heck, I feel that way about anything in the $500 mark tbh. :duff

When you're going to drop anywhere from $750+ for these or $2,000+ for Prime 1 they really have to be home runs unless you just have too much bloody money lol. Heck, I feel that way about anything in the $500 mark tbh. :duff

Definitely. :duff I do NOT have the money to just throw around and pick up everything I want...though I really wish I did!

I've mentioned it before, and as you said, unless you have more money than you know what to do with (which is great if you do!) then it's a very selective time to be a collector! I feel like something really has to fully grab my attention and keep it past the "hype" phase (those first handful of days/couple of weeks on these boards after a reveal that can often make us think we want something we may not actually want :lol) to be worthy of PO consideration!

It would be a no-brainer for me. And I'll even by DD if Sideshow grants me this wish. Seriously though, SSC needs another Marvel woman PF and this is perfect.

Yep, and she's in season 2 of Daredevil so she'll be in the limelight as well. I'd like to see Sideshow do a new Elektra.

This looks great but I was only really interested in the xmen line by XM so it's been easy to pass on most of their stuff. If they get into DC I might be in trouble.

This looks great but I was only really interested in the xmen line by XM so it's been easy to pass on most of their stuff. If they get into DC I might be in trouble.

It'd be great if they got it, and I'm sure they will eventually. Unless there's a reason they couldn't, it'd be odd for them not to go for it! In the meantime, apparently Prime 1 is getting into comic book based DC, so you might be in trouble anyway! :lol

You need to see it. The DD series on Netflix is great. Word of warning tho ...it might be hard not to binge watch the whole series. :lol

You need to see it. The DD series on Netflix is great. Word of warning tho ...it might be hard not to binge watch the whole series. :lol

How many episodes? 10 or 12ish?

Yeah, I need to just get Netflix and do it.

It'd be great if they got it, and I'm sure they will eventually. Unless there's a reason they couldn't, it'd be odd for them not to go for it! In the meantime, apparently Prime 1 is getting into comic book based DC, so you might be in trouble anyway! :lol

I thought it was already confirmed that Prime1 have got the comic licence? Love XM & SS but I'll just be collecting Prime pieces for DC. The fact that there lines will be large scales will help me behave myself knowing I can only display so many pieces in 1/3 & 1/2 scale

How many episodes? 10 or 12ish?

Yeah, I need to just get Netflix and do it.

I believe it's 13, as most Netflix series are. If you don't have Netflix, you'll get a free month...while it's worthwhile (especially in the States!) to just pay $8 a month for it, you can easily knock off Daredevil, and a couple of other things in the free month if you just want to end it.

I thought it was already confirmed that Prime1 have got the comic licence? Love XM & SS but I'll just be collecting Prime pieces for DC. The fact that there lines will be large scales will help me behave myself knowing I can only display so many pieces in 1/3 & 1/2 scale

It is, but they said it was in the planning stages, so I just left it at apparently over definitely. I'd say there'll be some popping up in 2016 or so for PO most likely!

I believe it's 13, as most Netflix series are. If you don't have Netflix, you'll get a free month...while it's worthwhile (especially in the States!) to just pay $8 a month for it, you can easily knock off Daredevil, and a couple of other things in the free month if you just want to end it.

To be honest, I probably should just get a subscription just for the movie I'll say from buying movies and stuff. Saves space too. :lol

Back