XM Studios 1/4 Elektra Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is not close to being heavy. Unlike the 90 pound weaklings you mentioned this statue looks build enough to kick butt.

Electra is a world class athlete and assassin, but she isn't an MMA brawler or a Kardashian. She has a lithe frame far more along of the lines of what Shadowflax posted above. However, Peedi over at SF made the point over at SF

In the minority here but the pose doesn't bother me at all.

As for body, you can find all sorts of depictions of any character by any artist but Elektra interestingly enough seems more consistent than most characters, and Marvel does have official heights and weights which I think are even more important for sculptors to follow when aiming for 1/4 scale accuracy (although I think comic artists should also stick to the officials as well).

Elektra's officials are 5'9" and 130 lbs. Not sure if it's on purpose but Greg Horn's work of her seems to keep in line with that.

Quick image search got this, Katy Perry is just 1 inch shorter but a decent guideline for Elektra I think.

And it'd be cool to make the face look more Greek since Elektra is Greek. I like the costume choice though, it's better than the nonsensical bands she wears. I'm normally all in for comic accuracy but I always imagine Elektra putting those bands on one by one and how ridiculous, time consuming and impractical it'd be.

022211_weight_women_teaser2_544_xxxx110222164258.jpg

Gotta be feminine but looking like she can kick some ass at the same time. She's on the heavy side. Those quads needs some slight female muscular athletic sexy definition.
And the face just isn't there. Right now seems too small compared to body. And doesn't have that trained killer female strong look. Just looks pretty plain. I know it's beginning stages, sure it'll look sweet when it's done.

oh the pose needs to show more killer instinct I think too....right now...... it looks like she's dancing....DANGEROUSLY

The pose and concept is not bad, but I wish she matched Daredevil more. In the current concept, Daredevil is ready to jump into action. I was hoping Elektra would be the same and she would have the stained glass background/base.

I really wanted to like this, but so far I just don't. I don't like the face or the pose. To tell you the truth, I really don't like anything about this so far. Hopefully it will improve.

It's the first XM I'm not really impressed with but I have pretty high expectations for an Elektra statue. There are just so many awesome poses you could do. I hope they tweek this one.

I like that she doesn't take up a bunch of real estate but I'm still not sold on her at XM prices. I'm looking forward to seeing her sculpted and painted though.

I am still scratching my head that some people have the nerve to say she is over weight.

I need a 1/6 Elektra to go with my DD and the rest of my Bowens :(

Great piece by XM though. I feel like she doesn't get enough credit for being one of the hotties of the MU.

Don't like this one at all. Pose rough, face rough, base rough.

Scrap and redo xm.

I am still scratching my head that some people have the nerve to say she is over weight.

After seeing these new pics I may have been wrong about here not being lean enough... That or there have been some tweaks. However, with that being said...

Don't like this one at all. Pose rough, face rough, base rough.

Scrap and redo xm.

I think the Model needs some work to make her more attractive, but I agree and would scrap the pose. I actually am kind of shocked that XM would take this piece in this direction after the grace and power they have put into some of their other female characters. Elektra is a master assassin after all, not a stripper with an attitude.

Really dislike this piece.

And DD/Elektra are my 2 fav characters and, essentially, my entire basis for collecting.

No desire to get this.

I kind of like it. The pose sure could use work and the face slightly. Hair definitely needs work. I like the base and the details on everything. But she could be a bit redone and maybe work on the base. Chronos had it right - it limits the piece.

Back