XM Studios 1/4 Elektra Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the first XM's I have seen where there is dissent among the ranks and the only tweak XM has made is to slim her hips and thighs a bit. Seems like the artists at XM are sold on this very awkward looking pose and costume

This is one of the first XM's I have seen where there is dissent among the ranks and the only tweak XM has made is to slim her hips and thighs a bit. Seems like the artists at XM are sold on this very awkward looking pose and costume

I would say that the majority of people aren't loving this one, and the pose is the culprit for the most part.

I think there's polarizing views of this statue because everyone interprets it differently. Some say she's doing a kata, some say she's just walking, some say she's just posing, etc ...all a matter of interpretation. But that's what art is ...interpretation to the individual and beauty in the eye of the beholder.

IMO, it's fine due to how I interpret the pose. However, I would love it if XM will match the bases in color and texture so that both DD and Elektra look like they're standing on the same structure.

DD is in a dynamic pose, ready to kick ass whereas Elektra is uh...doing uh...I honestly don't have a freaking clue what she's doing but it's definitely not dynamic. Posing them together wouldn't work at all in their current state imo.

I reckon they need to open up one of them concept artwork comps like they did with she hulk... was a good and gutsy move

I like the base and stained glass window background and I also like her pose. It feels like she is moving. Kind of swaying like a snake getting ready to attack

I like the base and stained glass window background and I also like her pose. It feels like she is moving. Kind of swaying like a snake getting ready to attack

I don't think snakes sway before they attack, but I can picture exactly what you're trying to say and it doesn't really feel like Elektra. I'm a big fan of the character, and like the outfit and all they have going here...I just think it's a missed opportunity, and I'm surprised how much of a backburner this has taken even though it's coming up for PO next month!

As Gryph said a ways back, there were a lot of complaints early on during the initial concept design phase, and XM pretty much decided to ignore it. I don't hate it, but there was such a great chance to make a really cool Elektra statue and I think they missed it (much like Sideshow missed the chance to make a really cool Daredevil statue with their most recent PF.)

I'm sure it'll still look really cool, but it's clear they were going for a Daredevil companion piece of sorts, and I think they missed the mark quite a bit there.

Still nothing on the Elektra front and she goes up for PO in a couple of weeks. I know they usually cram out images soon before release, but this is surprisingly close. Someone just posted this image on another group, and this is the type of pose I think would've suited Elektra best. Especially since they're selling it as a companion piece to the more "jump into action" Daredevil statue.

11403427_771139609669052_6914354610811760787_n.jpg

Either way, I'm eager to see some more images of this one just to see how it turned out!

Still nothing on the Elektra front and she goes up for PO in a couple of weeks. I know they usually cram out images soon before release, but this is surprisingly close. Someone just posted this image on another group, and this is the type of pose I think would've suited Elektra best. Especially since they're selling it as a companion piece to the more "jump into action" Daredevil statue.

11403427_771139609669052_6914354610811760787_n.jpg

I was commenting on the pose, and how this type of pose would've suited Elektra more than the one they did that nobody can really agree on what she's doing.

I was commenting on the pose, and how this type of pose would've suited Elektra more than the one they did that nobody can really agree on what she's doing.

Agree with Golden Boy. This pose is MUCH better than the last one XM has posted.

That would have been a great Elektra pose. I'm going to be passing on this one unless it's been completely reworked.

It won't be reworked at this stage. It'll be painted and up for PO at the end of next week, I believe! The 17th. So 10 days. I think it'll be in the cost area of Ms. Marvel, but unfortunately it just doesn't have the pull that I would've liked (like the above pose, or something more along those lines) to make me go for it. My wallet really hates me right now, but the temptation would've been HUGE had it been a more dynamic pose to go with Daredevil. Those two would've looked fantastic together.

They'll still look okay, but they don't really look like companion pieces. I'm sure those who end up with Elektra will love her, so long as the paints turn out well! It's just lacking the usual XM "SWEET MERCIFUL!" reaction that warrants the breaking of piggy banks worldwide. :lol

Back