XM Studios 1/4 Batman Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All we have now is a rough hand sketch, I figured XM would put their own twist on the license like they did with Marvel's stuff.... It will be interesting to see what they have in mind for this line...

nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana XM... XM :clap

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm still a little confused with Ink. Does he not like art...or is it just he doesn't like art from other companies other than SS? I'm not on this forum too much so I don't understand the guy.

But the vitriol for PCS and XM is off the charts. Shame anyone limits themselves to one thing....world is too big for that.

I'll be passing. If pricing is what it is with their Marvel stuff; I'll stick with Prime 1. Rather get larger pieces and for less the price. Hopefully this gets some things for fans that have wanted peeps like Bane, Freeze, and Dent.

I'll be passing. If pricing is what it is with their Marvel stuff; I'll stick with Prime 1. Rather get larger pieces and for less the price. Hopefully this gets some things for fans that have wanted peeps like Bane, Freeze, and Dent.

Well "Land of the Rising Sun" indicates a TWIST to the designs... I think that while there are a lot of people who will hop on these, I don't think the purests will necessary want a niche Bane, Freeze or Two Face

I agree about Prime. If they end up doing the comic versions of DC characters at 1/3 then I'd rather have those for the same price (or less) than XM. That sketch isn't much to go on but if Batman is that stylized then I probably won't be interested in XM's version anyway. It might be easier to get away with a differing vision on the villains, but I want my Batman more classic like Sideshow's.

I'm in the same boat right now with Prime 1's Arkham Knight line...just superb pieces, and so many more to come. Plus they've locked in the DC comics license as well apparently. Of course, XM will be more about unique bases and designs over museum poses, so I'm also interested to see what XM comes out with for Batman and Co.! His Rogue gallery is SO big and has rarely been tapped into, so it'll be cool to see them give it the same treatment that Spidey's has received.

Again, that all depends on if this is purely their take on the characters over being able to use comic material...if that's the case, it could go either way! Looking forward to seeing what -- and who -- comes of it, that's for certain!

I don't understand this whole pricing thing especially compared to Prime 1....I'm in Australia and XM Wolverine cost me $792 delivered and Prime 1 Arkham Batman is costing me $1500...

Not that it matters most of the people knocking this wouldn't be able to get their hands on them anyway :slap

"XM Studios is excited to present our unique take on the Dark Knight and his Gallery of Rogues."

Hmmmm... makes me think that we are going to be seeing entirely original designs.

I don't understand this whole pricing thing especially compared to Prime 1....I'm in Australia and XM Wolverine cost me $792 delivered and Prime 1 Arkham Batman is costing me $1500...

Not that it matters most of the people knocking this wouldn't be able to get their hands on them anyway :slap

I'll use Mags or Phoenix since they are the higher priced retail XM pieces.

For either Mags or Phoenix, had I ordered would have been about 1600-1800 USD. Batman or AK would hit me at around 1k each. Not to mention as an SS shopper, I get RP and have em to spare. Can't do that with XM.

Obviously location is key like you mentioned.

I'm in the same boat right now with Prime 1's Arkham Knight line...just superb pieces, and so many more to come. Plus they've locked in the DC comics license as well apparently. Of course, XM will be more about unique bases and designs over museum poses, so I'm also interested to see what XM comes out with for Batman and Co.! His Rogue gallery is SO big and has rarely been tapped into, so it'll be cool to see them give it the same treatment that Spidey's has received.

Again, that all depends on if this is purely their take on the characters over being able to use comic material...if that's the case, it could go either way! Looking forward to seeing what -- and who -- comes of it, that's for certain!

Agreed that Prime 1 is the better value if these are going to be interpretations of comic characters. Sideshow tweaks and spins their own take on classic DC comics stuff but keeps it classic for the most part. Prime 1 will probably be cheaper at $900 or whatever and bigger in scale than XM. Not to mention that you have Sideshow customer support if you need it and shipping will be more reasonable.

On another note, I find it funny that Ink trolled some of you guys. He's been hanging around CBG too much. :lol

The news is interesting, but my impression is reserved til we see something. I like the Marvel stuf, but with people like IA, IS, P1, PCS; XM ain't the only heavy hitter anymore. Plus SS has been killing it of late with Doom, Lobo, and Babs.

Overall, XM will have to hit hard for me to be impressed, with Batman. Everyone has failed Marvel, XM, well I give em big props.

I'll use Mags or Phoenix since they are the higher priced retail XM pieces.

For either Mags or Phoenix, had I ordered would have been about 1600-1800 USD. Batman or AK would hit me at around 1k each. Not to mention as an SS shopper, I get RP and have em to spare. Can't do that with XM.

Obviously location is key like you mentioned.

I got Phoneix coming in and it is $750 AUD plus shipping which I expect to be about $150

The prices you were quoted were not retail

That's part of the problem: you gotta know a guy or make special arrangements depending where you are. Collecting XM is far from being an even playing field nowadays.

Agreed that Prime 1 is the better value if these are going to be interpretations of comic characters. Sideshow tweaks and spins their own take on classic DC comics stuff but keeps it classic for the most part. Prime 1 will probably be cheaper at $900 or whatever and bigger in scale than XM. Not to mention that you have Sideshow customer support if you need it and shipping will be more reasonable.

On another note, I find it funny that Ink trolled some of you guys. He's been hanging around CBG too much. :lol

If you live in the states, you can't order from the website can you? Is ebay the only option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back