XM Studios 1/4 Batman Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the concept pics and this is pretty much what I was expecting. Just too much of a departure from the classic costume for me. Congrats to all the peeps that like it and are picking it up. It's just not for me.

Saw the pics as well and will more than likely pass on this line. Not a big enough Batman fan to pay XM prices for a completely non-canon reimagining of the characters. Can't say I've been dying for a Samurai Batman, but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that will love it.

Well four head that is a good star so we have a lot variations to display him also love the mix between samurai and batman look kool something different that the normal :) the base is a little huge will be kool just the bottom but at least this look awesome love it :)

Also september 23 is PO 😱

Interesting Samurai Batman but no interest at all. Am sure it will be a great sculpt & quality but not related to anything(movie/comic/game).

Interesting Samurai Batman but no interest at all. Am sure it will be a great sculpt & quality but not related to anything(movie/comic/game).

My guess is the katanas will be removable so that you dont have to go with a samurai look at all...except for the base. But the base is just so damn awesome! I am seriously considering this now...

He is the dark knight so the samurai concept isn't completely off. This is also geared toward a completely different market too.
Still an Interesting take though, would like to see the quality of the end product.

My guess is the katanas will be removable so that you dont have to go with a samurai look at all...except for the base. But the base is just so damn awesome! I am seriously considering this now...

Agreed. This is coming with so many switch outs that it appears you can go from a full on samurai Play Arts Kai style Batman to a way more traditional Batman, and like you noted that base looks sick.

Agreed. This is coming with so many switch outs that it appears you can go from a full on samurai Play Arts Kai style Batman to a way more traditional Batman, and like you noted that base looks sick.

I think I would display with the last head, the grappling gun and batarang hands, and then possibly with or without the katanas.

I think I would display with the last head, the grappling gun and batarang hands, and then possibly with or without the katanas.

:exactly: Classic head + grappling gun/hand + batarang/hand - katanas would be my go to display choice.

The base reminds me of the Wolverine Brown base. Must be patient and wait for the comic Batman version then.

Oh yeah, I hope they keep the base to min height... Taking too much height space the recent statues.

Can't wait for ninja joker!
tumblr_m7xbuuTZT51r23joco4_250_zpsecbb7e85.gif

From B over at SF:

shorudan XM Studios Producer:

Just to share a little bit of background, we love classic and comic Batman too just like everyone else, however XM didn't get that license because it's already being done by other cool manufacturers (and I say it with alot of respect, those guys are doing super stuff and I'm buying them myself!). So instead of not doing anything at all, XM boys and their super friends decided to take up the challenge, to carve out something new yet remain true to Batman's essence. I can't share too much as story development requires proper clearance. And this is just sharing ideas, don't quote me for it - in our minds we are envisioning Bruce in land of the rising son (time plus location travel set up), doing what he does best (Never stay down and WIN), adapt into the environment and use what he can to survive and take down his villains. I mean it's challenging to try to do something different (and don't forget there're still costs, e.g. licensing, design, sculpt) but if we didn't try when the opportunity came, we wouldn't be in this game. I sincerely hope you guys will like this project and work together with us - bad comments, good comments, keep it coming. Together we will all be Batmen!

Got to give it to them, cool concept.

Yeah, unfortunately licensing restriction still played a part. However since this line is not comic or movie based, how come it's still an Asia region license?

Yeah, unfortunately licensing restriction still played a part. However since this line is not comic or movie based, how come it's still an Asia region license?

Good point :lecture. It will make it more affordable for the collectors in Us, and other area.

Good point :lecture. It will make it more affordable for the collectors in Us, and other area.

Could be a cost thing... The global license might have just been a little to much given the renegotiation of the Marvel license as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back