XM Studios 1/4 Batman Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news is interesting, but my impression is reserved til we see something. I like the Marvel stuf, but with people like IA, IS, P1, PCS; XM ain't the only heavy hitter anymore. Plus SS has been killing it of late with Doom, Lobo, and Babs.

Overall, XM will have to hit hard for me to be impressed, with Batman. Everyone has failed Marvel, XM, well I give em big props.

True but also put out some high grade duds like Jean Gray and Emma Frost. What do you know a geriatric posed mutant and a another Emma Frost pin up doll (for the hundredth time).:gah:

Beautiful will hard to get but I need get one this with just one I can say I have batman xD

very intrigued. hopefully this is a global license. i for one, don't mind different interpretations of characters. it can be a fresh take and helps changes things up. for example, i really enjoyed the designs for the injustice game. really surprised more companies aren't taking advantage of those designs and making high end collectibles for them. i'd love some 1/4 or 1/3 scale statues from that game!

I have a feeling that these are toing to be similar to elseworld interpretations of Batman and his rogues. The "Knight of the Rising Sun" example doesn't sound familiar to any storyline I have read. SO I am betting that these will be completely unique

The fact that Ink ran in here to try and down play it says he's scared, very scared :rotfl

I'm guessing it's a Gotham only license for now.... It will be nice to be able to get a 1/4 scale batman that doesn't have saggy armpits :lol

Pretty sure it will be full sculpt, so no need to worry of that issue. =)

Who was saying that XM couldn't touch the DC license at all?

Glad they finally did.

Now many companies have the DC license. The days of SS monopoly of owning all the license is over. Consumers have more options now.

Batman PO date on Sept 23! Looks like this is the major attraction on STGCC

Who was saying that XM couldn't touch the DC license at all?

Glad they finally did.

It was confirmed by Bryan over at SF that these won't be comic, game or movie based.... WB told XM to do their own unique and new thing... And that is what they did. In the end this is going be "Batman", but no version we have seen before. So in the end it really is a Detective COMICS license in name only as these will only be roughly based on the characters we know.

It was confirmed by Bryan over at SF that these won't be comic, game or movie based.... WB told XM to do their own unique and new thing... And that is what they did. In the end this is going be "Batman", but no version we have seen before. So in the end it really is a Detective COMICS license in name only as these will only be roughly based on the characters we know.

But nothing better can happen for XM. Now they can do something new. :yess:

Any mention of NA distribution in that conversation?

It doesn't really matter to me, as soon as he basically confirmed they couldn't do an comic/elseworlds or game interpretation of Batman and it was basically their own design take on the character I had no interest.

This is my take on it too. Not Arkham or comic based, no real interest from me. I am curious as to what they'll come up with though.

This is my take on it too. Not Arkham or comic based, no real interest from me. I am curious as to what they'll come up with though.

It doesn't really matter to me, as soon as he basically confirmed they couldn't do an comic/elseworlds or game interpretation of Batman and it was basically their own design take on the character I had no interest.

Ill echo this sentiment. Ive no interest in anime or Play Arts Square Enix versions, especially in 1/4 scale at $$$.
P1 is asking for input on additional Batman versions on SF, TDKR HUSH and a Capullo N52 I voted for :lecture

Can you imagine a 1/3 Frank Miller :panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back