XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point. But XM might be chipping away the Asian base customer from SS. At the end of day, I as collector is more happy when there's more option :).

Yep XM could own the Asian market, but if we look at all of their teased or released statues. Cap, Mark 42 and 7, BW, Hulk, Mags, Hawkeye, Phoenix, Ms. Marvel, and Thanos.... That is what? 6000 statues in a two year period at an average ES of 600. SSC puts that out in a 3 month period. There will not be enough XM product to satisfy the market, so yes aftermarket values will skyrocket, BUT SSC will still have the lion share of the fan base, UNTIL XM gets much bigger, and then all the issues that EVERYONE complains about with SSC now will become the same issues they complain about with XM. It happens when you become a massive business with literally hundreds of thousands of moving parts.

XM, is the triangle movie accurate.?

Nope...the suit AR is circular...

AR4.jpg

However, the XM design looks good :)

XM, is the triangle movie accurate.?

Nope it only appears as a DETAILED triangle when the suit is off... I just watched all of the Mak VII scenes in the Avengers and IM 3, but happyfeet beat me to it...lol

Each suit has it's own circular Arc Reactor. When the suit is powered up it appears externally as a glowing white disc (or triangle on the MK VI)...

View attachment 125344

With more detail of the suit's AR under the armour...

View attachment 125345

Stark's chest AR is separate...

View attachment 125346

There is a scene which shows the MK VII suit AR powered down and therefore visible...

View attachment 125347

So the triangle AR in the XM statue is artistic license...but looks good all the same :)

The interplay between the suit's AR and the one in Stark's chest has always been a bit vague...but oh well.

1258057_o.gif

i kinda dont get it..higher ES shouldnt mean more QC problems..higher ES means they can sell a lot right? so profit is obviously bigger..why not use the extra money to hire people to check the pieces from the factory? Instead they use those extra money to replace and ship broken or unsatisfactory products..I think SS just got complacent in general because people "settle" and accept whatever they release thinking it is good enough anyway. Just my opinion :wink1:

i kinda dont get it..higher ES shouldnt mean more QC problems..higher ES means they can sell a lot right? so profit is obviously bigger..why not use the extra money to hire people to check the pieces from the factory? Instead they use those extra money to replace and ship broken or unsatisfactory products..I think SS just got complacent in general because people "settle" and accept whatever they release thinking it is good enough anyway. Just my opinion :wink1:

Not when the cost of overhead is going up, and the people you pay to paint, pack, and transport these thins get paid less than your average person who serves you your morning coffee, and when these things travel in freight cars that were the height of technology sometime around the time the horseless carriage was invented. If you brought the production of these came to the United States the quality would go up, but then again so would the prices

JEBUS I can't believe they can't even get the arc reactor right... Even Hot Toys got it right.

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-VII-Avengers-p-2.jpg

And if they can get right there is no excuse why Sidesho... Oh wait a minute????

tumblr_ly0e5hff161r1obuso1_500.gif

jensen_ackles_gif___demonic_smile_by_joeleneybeaney-d4wi52e.gif

Last edited:

We have a winner! There is some truth to your thoughts. No doubt

Nope it only appears as a DETAILED triangle when the suit is off... I just watched all of the Mak VII scenes in the Avengers and IM 3, but happyfeet beat me to it...lol

Hang on though....each suit's Arc Reactor is circular not triangular...at least up to MK VII.

The only triangular AR is the one in his chest...hidden completely by the armour.

In any case I still think it looks good on the XM in 'all out' mode. Not a fan of the VII design normally.

We have a winner! There is some truth to your thoughts. No doubt

Or so you think. Do you work directly for SSC M8. Do you know how much they have for overhead? Or how much it costs them to ship a whole shipment of statues overseas??? Or how much they have to pay all the painters? Or where they got the new painters to do all the extra statues that you yourself love? Or how much it cost to train them?? No?? I know I don't.

Hang on though....each suit's Arc Reactor is circular not triangular...at least up to MK VII.

The only triangular AR is the one in his chest...hidden completely by the armour.

In any case I still think it looks good on the XM in 'all out' mode. Not a fan of the VII design normally.

The Mark VI had the triangular Unabeam (as did the Silver Centurion), BUT the triangle in the center of the arc reactor was present from the end of Iron Man 2 till he had it removed in Iron Man 3. However, the triangular arc reactor wasn't visible when Tony was IN the armor.

I think there is not a good excuse for SS, the pioneer and leading statue maker to not have high qc on their products. Of course there is good profits selling these items. If colllectors must accept that they make 10and thousands statues, and we should settle for lower qc because of SS issues: it's like when I buy IPhone. I expect a good phone. Not buy iPhone that comes defected, and they just offer $25 refund.

As for the reactor, XM should stick with the movie version IMO

I don't need to know SS specifics Spidey. I know what it costs to do a custom commission from start to finish. I know the exact costs of a digital print from several renowned artists. I know how much it costs to make the master mold and I also know the cost to print these statues after the master mold is complete. I can tell you who the best factory to produce and paint them is. I can also tell you the shipping cost. If I had a high enough edition size to cut the costs down dramatically I could produce a better quality painted sculpt then SS can at their prices and still make a nice profit.

I for one am sick and tired of hearing all the BS excuses for why QC is allowed to be subpar with any manufacturer. Listen dude. SS does get it right most of the time. No doubt. I'm not hating on SS. I buy plenty of their stuff too. But if you think I'll just sit back and excuse releases like Apoc, Spidey CQ, spider woman, all the Xmen females your the crazy one m8. The list could go on. You advertise a specific statue to the masses and get then to commit money down to secure their statue then you have an obligation to deliver that product. Period. No bs excuses. Put the right measures in place. Work on your QC control. People that ordered Apoc got the keep it or send it back customer service treatment. What in the hell am I going to do with a 70 dollar credit? That won't even cover my shipping cost to get it to my painter in the states! Man up. Admit when your wrong. Fix your mistakes. Take care of your customer base. SS is bathing in our money right now. Your obviously not up to speed on the margin built into these statues buddy.

The Mark VI had the triangular Unabeam (as did the Silver Centurion), BUT the triangle in the center of the arc reactor was present from the end of Iron Man 2 till he had it removed in Iron Man 3. However, the triangular arc reactor wasn't visible when Tony was IN the armor.

When the MK VI chest plate is removed in Avengers it exposes a glowing circular ring...Unibeam is the correct term for this component as you say although I gather it also provides power as an in-suit Arc Reactor. The MK VI armour triangle is just the window over the circular Unibeam.

In any case as shown in post #502 above the circular Unibeam is visible when the MK VII suit is powered down...not the triangular design of the AR in Stark's chest.

I think we agree...anyway it's only a movie :)

I think there is not a good excuse for SS, the pioneer and leading statue maker to not have high qc on their products. Of course there is good profits selling these items. If colllectors must accept that they make 10and thousands statues, and we should settle for lower qc because of SS issues: it's like when I buy IPhone. I expect a good phone. Not buy iPhone that comes defected, and they just offer $25 refund.

I don't need to know SS specifics Spidey. I know what it costs to do a custom commission from start to finish. I know the exact costs of a digital print from several renowned artists. I know how much it costs to make the master mold and I also know the cost to print these statues after the master mold is complete. I can tell you who the best factory to produce and paint them is. I can also tell you the shipping cost. If I had a high enough edition size to cut the costs down dramatically I could produce a better quality painted sculpt then SS can at their prices and still make a nice profit.

I for one am sick and tired of hearing all the BS excuses for why QC is allowed to be subpar with any manufacturer. Listen dude. SS does get it right most of the time. No doubt. I'm not hating on SS. I buy plenty of their stuff too. But if you think I'll just sit back and excuse releases like Apoc, Spidey CQ, spider woman, all the Xmen females your the crazy one m8. The list could go on. You advertise a specific statue to the masses and get then to commit money down to secure their statue then you have an obligation to deliver that product. Period. No bs excuses. Put the right measures in place. Work on your QC control. People that ordered Apoc got the keep it or send it back customer service treatment. What in the hell am I going to do with a 70 dollar credit? That won't even cover my shipping cost to get it to my painter in the states! Man up. Admit when your wrong. Fix your mistakes. Take care of your customer base. SS is bathing in our money right now. Your obviously not up to speed on the margin built into these statues buddy.

All good points and I acknowledge them, but in the end they do get it right more than they get it wrong. Are there disasters, yep, but things will happen when you have so many moving parts. Should SSC BE BETTER, oh hell yeah, but will they?? I can't be sure. What I will say is the decission to support them or not is an individual one. Those of us who do don't need to be talked down to for it, and those who don't don't need to be preached at. However, this is the SIDESHOWFREAKS BOARD. Maybe those of you who want to keep hammering on them should put your money where your mouth is pay the money to get a VBulletin license and start you own XM Forum. Honestly, I am not trying to be a ****** bag, but SSC helps to pay the hills here, and I know some of you do too, but come on. This anti SSC RANTS were old two months ago.

When the MK VI chest plate is removed in Avengers it exposes a glowing circular ring...Unibeam is the correct term for this component as you say although I gather it also provides power as an in-suit Arc Reactor. The MK VI armour triangle is just the window over the circular Unibeam.

In any case as shown in post #502 above the circular Unibeam is visible when the MK VII suit is powered down...not the triangular design of the AR in Stark's chest.

I think we agree...anyway it's only a movie :)

Yep we agree TOTALLY!!

Sideshow was the example Spidey. I'll piss and moan about any company doing the same. PCS just had a debacle with their He-Man statue and the skin colored paint flaking off. Showing up with cracks. Etc. Did PCS intend for the paint to come out that way? No. I haven't seen one collector with that specific problem though that didn't get a replacement. Weird. Smaller company. Less margin. Better customer service.

As far as complaining about SS I have every right. I buy and own more SS product then 95% of people on this board. Check out my collection thread and please tell me I don't have the right to have a voice. I guarantee I have more on order with them right now then a large portion of the statue community. That's what gives me the right to express my thoughts. It's the people that Piss and moan without any skin in the game you should be directing your animosity towards. If I had a statue ordered through any company and it showed up like some of the previously mentioned I believe I have the right to be pissed about it.

Check out my posts in the gladiator hulk thread and superman thread. Ear to ear baby. I give credit where credit is due and I call out bs when it's brewing. Like it or leave it I'm real with my thoughts and opinions. I stand by them with good merrit. I don't care who produces the statue. If it's poop I say its poop. If it's a home run. Well you'll hear about it as well. No biased opinion here . I just don't have a problem telling it how it is and some people can't handle it

Sideshow was the example Spidey. I'll piss and moan about any company doing the same. PCS just had a debacle with their He-Man statue and the skin colored paint flaking off. Showing up with cracks. Etc. Did PCS intend for the paint to come out that way? No. I haven't seen one collector with that specific problem though that didn't get a replacement. Weird. Smaller company. Less margin. Better customer service.

As far as complaining about SS I have every right. I buy and own more SS product then 95% of people on this board. Check out my collection thread and please tell me I don't have the right to have a voice. I guarantee I have more on order with them right now then a large portion of the statue community. That's what gives me the right to express my thoughts. It's the people that Piss and moan without any skin in the game you should be directing your animosity towards. If I had a statue ordered through any company and it showed up like some of the previously mentioned I believe I have the right to be pissed about it.

Check out my posts in the gladiator hulk thread and superman thread. Ear to ear baby. I give credit where credit is due and I call out bs when it's brewing. Like it or leave it I'm real with my thoughts and opinions. I stand by them with good merrit. I don't care who produces the statue. If it's poop I say its poop. If it's a home run. Well you'll hear about it as well. No biased opinion here . I just don't have a problem telling it how it is and some people can't handle it

I had a long response to this ALL typed out, but then I realized I just don't give a ****.

giphy.gif

Thanks to James for his lengthy response to Spidey's excuse-laden post, couldn't agree more.

You know who also helps pays the bills here? Premium Freaks, which you are not. If you're so concerned with the costs of running this site put your money where your mouth is.

Also, it was just yesterday (literally, ironically) that Spidey was telling us that XM is nothing more than a wee minnow in the pond. Yet, here he is making excuses for Sideshow (again) and furthermore trying to put a muzzle on people excited for an amazing XM product?

If you want to help alleviate the anti-SSC problem you feel exists here, and if XM is just a worthless minnow as you stated, then stop posting in XM threads. Quit the rhetoric and worthless jabs and quit pretending you give a crap about XM products you have no intention on ever purchasing. When you continue to throw gas on the fire you don't get to complain when the temperature gets too hot for you. Take Drunky Bear with you.

Auggy, if you're out there somewhere, please post some more pics of this AMAZING IRON MAN STATUE! :panic:

Last edited:
Back