XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can't stagger them, cos all their releases are awesome

Better answer is they can't stagger them because, and somene correct me if I am wrong, they only have a two year license and they are already done year one. They have to hook collectors and impress Marvel enough to have a shot at a renewal.

is it confirmed they only have 2 year license? never heard of this before..

Better answer is they can't stagger them because, and somene correct me if I am wrong, they only have a two year license and they are already done year one. They have to hook collectors and impress Marvel enough to have a shot at a renewal.

If this is true, not funny to spent alot of money and maybe it´s over after 2 years for the fan of XM.

You guys are crazy. Like they won't get the license renewed after the two years? Brand new company that I'm sure was put on a tight leash by Marvel to see what XM could do. XM owns marvel statues right now. They aren't going anywhere. If anyone should be worried it should be SS. They should fear XM getting permission to sell these worldwide.

i have no doubt XM will get renewed..i just never heard of the 2 year contract :lol

Marvel should rethink giving Ss the license considering the qc ridden junk they're releasing seemingly daily lol. What good are gorgeous protos when their production pieces are a mess? Answer: none.

Like James said, SS should be worried and it's clear they are. They'll need to start stepping their game back up in quality and quality control if they want to see a dime from some customers ever again.

Not to mention XM is collaborating another project with Mufizal and Co for 1/6 scale statues. Bowen is still in negotiations trying to procure the license and he's been around forever. Marvel knows exactly what's going on right now. They're well aware of the impact XM has had on the community

It´s all about selling. XM needs the international license very fast to grow on the numbers.

No they dont. They're already reaching customers all over the globe. Just not directly. They sold out of their Cap. Close to selling out their Hulk (which most don't even like) IM mark 42 is low quantity. I'd say XM is doing just fine without the ability to see outside of their current region. They will only get bigger if they are given the opportunity to sell directly to the states

If this is true, not funny to spent alot of money and maybe it´s over after 2 years for the fan of XM.

You guys are crazy. Like they won't get the license renewed after the two years? Brand new company that I'm sure was put on a tight leash by Marvel to see what XM could do. XM owns marvel statues right now. They aren't going anywhere. If anyone should be worried it should be SS. They should fear XM getting permission to sell these worldwide.

i have no doubt XM will get renewed..i just never heard of the 2 year contract :lol

Marvel should rethink giving Ss the license considering the qc ridden junk they're releasing seemingly daily lol. What good are gorgeous protos when their production pieces are a mess? Answer: none.

Like James said, SS should be worried and it's clear they are. They'll need to start stepping their game back up in quality and quality control if they want to see a dime from some customers ever again.

It´s all about selling. XM needs the international license very fast to grow on the numbers.

No they dont. They're already reaching customers all over the globe. Just not directly. They sold out of their Cap. Close to selling out their Hulk (which most don't even like) IM mark 42 is low quantity. I'd say XM is doing just fine without the ability to see outside of their current region. They will only get bigger if they are given the opportunity to sell directly to the states

I don't think XM is in danger of losing the license, BUT they had to make a mark and quickly. As for those that think SSC is at all in danger of losing the Marvel license there is little to no chance of that right now, and not to XM. Simply put Marvel is going to make 10000 time more money from SSC than XM over the next year. JUST Gladiator Hulk will out sell ALL of XMs products combined, and that is for an ENTIRE year. Throw in King Hulk, the 3 Hulk PFs, Thor, Captain America, the AMS 2 PF and all the rest, and I hate to say it BUT XM is a minnow and SSC is JAWS. Also, keeping in mind that the pricey part of an XM piece is the shipping and the base price is similar to say the Hulk PF, so Marvel makes WAY more with SSC than XM. Probably, millions more. The ONLY way XM becomes a true powerhouse is IF the get the North American license, and Marverl/Disney gets them set up in North America in order to decrease the costs to the Golden Goose customers. However, in the end I don't think most would like that. Why? Because then they become SSC with all the problems associated with being THE GIANT. Shipping problems, QC issues, higher ESes.... All of it. If they get THAT big you guys will be remembering as the "good old days" just like you remember the smaller version of SSC

Last edited:
Nobody said SS was in any danger, though they should be. And they aren't selling out of everything, that's for certain. They are still sending out mailers for that ugly Avengers Hulk maquette and that was released how long ago? I could go on about other products rotting in their warehouse but that isn't the point.

I'm not advocating XM blow up to be an industry giant, I'd much (selfishly) prefer they remain the minnow that puts out stunning prototypes matched by stellar products with limited edition runs that they knock out of the park.

But, minnow or not SS has undoubtedly taken notice of XM, hence the flurry on IM renders they chucked up and the flying pose Mk 7 they straight up ganked from this piece. :lol

I know you guys are running out of ammo to vault at XM, but enough babble about licenses.

This statue deserves to be center stage sooooooooooooooo, does Auggy have any more pics of this for us? :pray:

I agree with yank. SS isn't in any danger of losing their license nor was that insinuated. XM however isnt even close to losing theirs either. If you think SS is above XM and untouchable your wrong. Bigger juggernaut companies have fallen as a result of bad customer service and a sub prime products. You can only hang your hat on the grails of old for so long. SS feels it. Even if it's just in their marvel line they feel it alright. 500 xm caps sold out while SSs cap still sits readily available. We're talking about a company with 20 years vs a company with one. Just wait till xm matures and grows. **** give them the DC license and we'll really get to see some sparks fly. It's coming. A year. Two. Three. No clue when but it's coming and if XM continues to do things the way they have been SS has plenty to worry about.

Nobody said SS was in any danger, though they should be. And they aren't selling out of everything, that's for certain. They are still sending out mailers for that ugly Avengers Hulk maquette and that was released how long ago? I could go on about other products rotting in their warehouse but that isn't the point.

I'm not advocating XM blow up to be an industry giant, I'd much (selfishly) prefer they remain the minnow that puts out stunning prototypes matched by stellar products with limited edition runs that they knock out of the park.

But, minnow or not SS has undoubtedly taken notice of XM, hence the flurry on IM renders they chucked up and the flying pose Mk 7 they straight up ganked from this piece. :lol

I know you guys are running out of ammo to vault at XM, but enough babble about licenses.

This statue deserves to be center stage sooooooooooooooo, does Auggy have any more pics of this for us? :pray:

Igo over at SF was talking about a flying Mark VII for MONTHS before THIS ever got teased so I doubt that there was ever any swiping going on, and I doubt that SSC gives a crap about this piece really. They will make 20 times as much cash from their releases then XM will this one. They were just capitalizing on the PO day of the Mark 42 to get some excitement going. As for licenses you are the one who started talking about SSCs license... Just sayin Puddin...:wave

Oh and you KNOW I am not taking ANY shots at XM. I want them to have a long and prosperous life in the industry. They deserve it.

Igo over at SF was talking about a flying Mark VII for MONTHS before THIS ever got teased so I doubt that there was ever any swiping going on, and I doubt that SSC gives a crap about this piece really. They will make 20 times as much cash from their releases then XM will this one. They were just capitalizing on the PO day of the Mark 42 to get some excitement going. As for licenses you are the one who started talking about SSCs license... Just sayin Puddin...:wave

Oh and you KNOW I am not taking ANY shots at XM. I want them to have a long and prosperous life in the industry. They deserve it.

Talk is cheap. SS never unveiled it for whatever reason so that's on them.

And I would hope SS makes 20x more on their product considering their edition size is 4-freaking-thousand and they have a 20 year head start in the industry. But, judging by crumby protos seen at SDCC and very poor QC on a slew of releases lately they probably won't be selling as many units as you think and that's without factoring in new competitive minnows circling in the waters.

And khrisc was the one to start the licensing chatter, get your facts straight muffin.

Talk is cheap. SS never unveiled it for whatever reason so that's on them.

And I would hope SS makes 20x more on their product considering their edition size is 4-freaking-thousand and they have a 20 year head start in the industry. But, judging by crumby protos seen at SDCC and very poor QC on a slew of releases lately they probably won't be selling as many units as you think and that's without factoring in new competitive minnows circling in the waters.

And khrisc was the one to start the licensing chatter, get your facts straight muffin.

With newer more energetic customers coming into the market SSC won't need bitter old cranks like you...lol

With newer more energetic customers coming into the market SSC won't need bitter old cranks like you...lol

That's a good business philosophy: 'Let's ignore the critiques of and abandon the customers who we've had for years in hopes for recruiting new ones':lol

What company has that worked for again? :dunno

This is just my opinion, but the way I look at it is Sideshow has become know as a company that puts out mid quality statues, they might of been a high quality company years ago but it's apparent bean counters have taken over Sideshow, which usually happens when a company starts to get big so they can maximize profits.

1) SS has little to no QC put in place at the factories
2) SS does not check the QC on the statues before they ship them out from their warehouse to the customer
3) SS boxes while look good on the outside with the artwork use very cheap Styrofoam and are designed poorly to insure the statue arrives without broken parts or without scratches to the painted surface.
4) SS does not seek input from it's customer base, by the time they show us the statue the molds are already done.

Just the fact that people are willing to spend double the prices over SS statues to obtain a high quality statue speaks volumes... For now I don't think SS has anything serious to worry about, as they still have a large customer base and new collectors who don't want to spend $700+ on a statue, but if SS keeps raising their prices, they might price themselves out of the market given the quality they are offering.

IMO, I think SS would be smart to work out a deal with XM to sell their pieces through their site for North America..

Back