XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't need to agree Surly... Honestly I get that the pose is valid. I just dont think it works particularly well is all, but that is just my background and opinion talking.

Of course. I have no problem with how you feel about it. But I thought for a minute you were contending the accuracy of the feet for the pose, when that isn't what you were doing. Just expressing your preference, which is all well and good.

Nice sketch. That pose is more a comic book pose that indicates movement. I actually don't love that kinda thing for my statues for the most part and they aren't moving, so a solidly done pose that actually looks like it could be held in real life works for me in most cases. My Weta Azog on Warg being the big exception to that for me.

It is all good Surly. Different strokes.

Yep, BUT that pose is slightly different as it doesn't medicate that Antman is moving, it shows,that he is riding and Ant and therefore trying to have a lower center of gravity and more stable stance. It works better for this one

Of course. I have no problem with how you feel about it. But I thought for a minute you were contending the accuracy of the feet for the pose, when that isn't what you were doing. Just expressing your preference, which is all well and good.

Realism vs artistic choice is always a fine line for me. Since I tend to lean more towards dynamics as a guy who lays down some pencil lines. I am a bit of a dynamics whore...lol.

Last edited:
After much deliberation last night I've decided to pass on this XM version of the MKVII and opt for Sideshows version instead. Not taking anything away from the XM version but I wasn't getting that amazing WOW feeling when I first saw the reveal pics of the painted prototype. I totally dig all the optional extras you get with it like the cool two way display base and all the weaponary and armour on show plus the two options of display poses...however, there is just something about it that doesn't grab me :( cant put my finger on it but when I first saw the pics I instantly thought of Hot Toys :dunno so gonna play it safe and stick with all the Sideshow maquettes from here on in as I also passed on the XM MK42 also :(

After much deliberation last night I've decided to pass on this XM version of the MKVII and opt for Sideshows version instead. Not taking anything away from the XM version but I wasn't getting that amazing WOW feeling when I first saw the reveal pics of the painted prototype. I totally dig all the optional extras you get with it like the cool two way display base and all the weaponary and armour on show plus the two options of display poses...however, there is just something about it that doesn't grab me :( cant put my finger on it but when I first saw the pics I instantly thought of Hot Toys :dunno so gonna play it safe and stick with all the Sideshow maquettes from here on in as I also passed on the XM MK42 also :(

Okay, what have you done with the real Andy? :tap

He doesn't pass on anything Iron Man, even Fruit of the Loom undies. :lol

Im with you. Its not like a "statue" if you can switch the legs into another pose. It feels more like a kit to play with, like hot toys.

Okay, what have you done with the real Andy? :tap

He doesn't pass on anything Iron Man, even Fruit of the Loom undies. :lol

:lol :lol Eric, I have imprisoned Andy with the rest of the 'real' Italian football team...what you saw at the World Cup were all frauds playing for Italy hence their piss poor performances!!! Hahahahaha!!!! :exactly:

I know I'm gonna raise a few eyebrows and get a few bashes from fellow collectors :horse but I still love my light up features on my Iron Man collectibles and that isn't going to go away :( before everyone strikes me down, it isn't the sole reason for me passing on the XM Iron Man statues, as explained in my previous post, the MKVII from XM Studios just didn't have me saying WOW if im being totally honest and the MK42, despite looking great I may say, just wasn't a dynamic enough pose for me to order it infront of Sideshows version :(

One thing that I do dig about XM Studios is there optional extras, like swap out heads, arms, etc...I think Sideshow need to be doing this on a much more frequent basis with their collectibles....long gone are the days of the Silver Surfer comiquette where they offered like 10 switch out arms and 10 switch out headsculpts!! :dunno

Im with you. Its not like a "statue" if you can switch the legs into another pose. It feels more like a kit to play with, like hot toys.

Yea, I guess that could be partly the reason :dunno I know for example that with the Christopher Reeve Superman PF, they have him in a similar hovering pose, however, they've done it in a way where you cant see how he's attached to the base therefore giving it a sense of realism...with the XM MKVII you can clearly see the rod holding him up, and although its not a major thing, you can still see it, so again, it brings me back to Hot Toys again where they have the visible stand when you have the figure in a dynamic pose...

:lol :lol Eric, I have imprisoned Andy with the rest of the 'real' Italian football team...what you saw at the World Cup were all frauds playing for Italy hence their piss poor performances!!! Hahahahaha!!!! :exactly:

I know I'm gonna raise a few eyebrows and get a few bashes from fellow collectors :horse but I still love my light up features on my Iron Man collectibles and that isn't going to go away :( before everyone strikes me down, it isn't the sole reason for me passing on the XM Iron Man statues, as explained in my previous post, the MKVII from XM Studios just didn't have me saying WOW if im being totally honest and the MK42, despite looking great I may say, just wasn't a dynamic enough pose for me to order it infront of Sideshows version :(

One thing that I do dig about XM Studios is there optional extras, like swap out heads, arms, etc...I think Sideshow need to be doing this on a much more frequent basis with their collectibles....long gone are the days of the Silver Surfer comiquette where they offered like 10 switch out arms and 10 switch out headsculpts!! :dunno

You will swing back to this one m8. This will have a light up feature, and they aren't done with it yet.

Yea, I guess that could be partly the reason :dunno I know for example that with the Christopher Reeve Superman PF, they have him in a similar hovering pose, however, they've done it in a way where you cant see how he's attached to the base therefore giving it a sense of realism...with the XM MKVII you can clearly see the rod holding him up, and although its not a major thing, you can still see it, so again, it brings me back to Hot Toys again where they have the visible stand when you have the figure in a dynamic pose...
I am sure they will find a way to hide that rod Andy... Like a flame effect.

You will swing back to this one m8. This will have a light up feature, and they aren't done with it yet.

As far as I know Spidey, I believe that its been confirmed that neither the MK42 or the MKVII will have a light up feature buddy :( but even if they did, I don't think it would change my mind as the light features are not the sole reason for my passing on the XM versions :( its Sideshow all the way for me in regards to the maquettes :yess:

As far as I know Spidey, I believe that its been confirmed that neither the MK42 or the MKVII will have a light up feature buddy :( but even if they did, I don't think it would change my mind as the light features are not the sole reason for my passing on the XM versions :( its Sideshow all the way for me in regards to the maquettes :yess:

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the Mark VII would not only have a light up feature, but that that the LEDs would be easy to change and repair.

:rotfl I understand your point, I know you're very big on the light up features but I rarely ever use them so it's not a make-or-break for me.

The flying pose and gorgeous base is something I cannot pass on! :panic:

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the Mark VII would not only have a light up feature, but that that the LEDs would be easy to change and repair.

Yea, It was mentioned in the first few pages of this thread but hearing from one of the guys who visited the XM Studios last week, he mentioned that it was more likely that it wasn't going to include lights :dunno

:rotfl I understand your point, I know you're very big on the light up features but I rarely ever use them so it's not a make-or-break for me.

The flying pose and gorgeous base is something I cannot pass on! :panic:

Thanks Eric, yea...I certainly don't turn on each and everyone of my Iron Man light up features when I come home from work each night :lol :lol but its an optional feature which I'm really glad is there. For me personally, when I turn on the lights on my Iron Man busts or statues, it totally brings it to life and despite it possible becoming defective in years to come, it's a risk that i'll have to take. Touch wood, I've never had a light up feature that has since failed over the years so I guess they can be long lasting...My MKIII LSF and Lifesize bust are now approx. 3 or 4 years old and the lights work fine on them :dunno

I certainly agree with you in regards to originality of the poses and base :exactly: I'm all for dynamic poses for Iron Man pieces as opposed to the more museum ones that we're seeing for the Sideshow LSF range :)

I am not using light up features as well, it is only a small trick to raise the price! I don't like these small tricks in business...

Hey Mag, do you think that light up features generally increase the price of a collectible? Personally, I don't think they increase it by that much. The majority of Sideshows LSF's don't have light up features, whereas the Iron Man ones do and they are still the same price :dunno same for the Iron Man maquettes...I think the Sideshow ones are usually quite pricey, not because of the lights but because the statues are in collaboration with Legacy Effects. So your kinda paying extra for the name/brand, just like you would buying designer clothes if you like...

Thanks Eric, yea...I certainly don't turn on each and everyone of my Iron Man light up features when I come home from work each night :lol :lol but its an optional feature which I'm really glad is there. For me personally, when I turn on the lights on my Iron Man busts or statues, it totally brings it to life and despite it possible becoming defective in years to come, it's a risk that i'll have to take. Touch wood, I've never had a light up feature that has since failed over the years so I guess they can be long lasting...My MKIII LSF and Lifesize bust are now approx. 3 or 4 years old and the lights work fine on them :dunno

I certainly agree with you in regards to originality of the poses and base :exactly: I'm all for dynamic poses for Iron Man pieces as opposed to the more museum ones that we're seeing for the Sideshow LSF range :)

You're a lucky charm! Glad you never had any issues my friend. :hi5:

So, here's an idea regarding the post holding the Mk 7 in flight -> How about XM makes a resin flame emitting from the boot thruster and pointing downward?

That would be a neat way to hide the post and also give the impression of lift to the flight pose. XM could also add another resin flame emitting from the opposite boot, and they could both attach via magnet(s).

You're a lucky charm! Glad you never had any issues my friend. :hi5:

So, here's an idea regarding the post holding the Mk 7 in flight -> How about XM makes a resin flame emitting from the boot thruster and pointing downward?

That would be a neat way to hide the post and also give the impression of lift to the flight pose. XM could also add another resin flame emitting from the opposite boot, and they could both attach via magnet(s).

Sounds like an epic idea Eric :clap although the flames would have to be done in a way to make it as realistic as possible and not to make it look to comicy if you know what I mean...if this was a Comic based Iron Man then that idea would work great!

Sounds like an epic idea Eric :clap although the flames would have to be done in a way to make it as realistic as possible and not to make it look to comicy if you know what I mean...if this was a Comic based Iron Man then that idea would work great!

I hear you, like this Figma piece the flames are funny lol but maybe resin sculpted ones could be done more realistically.

02d1b4bf213d299374e0b084dd38f9af.jpg

Hey Mag, do you think that light up features generally increase the price of a collectible? Personally, I don't think they increase it by that much. The majority of Sideshows LSF's don't have light up features, whereas the Iron Man ones do and they are still the same price :dunno same for the Iron Man maquettes...I think the Sideshow ones are usually quite pricey, not because of the lights but because the statues are in collaboration with Legacy Effects. So your kinda paying extra for the name/brand, just like you would buying designer clothes if you like...

Light-up feature helps to increase the price. It is a feature and you are marketing it with that feature. Maybe it doesn't cost a money when they produced it but they can reflect that feature easily to the price. When they say it has a light up feature, it becomes more delicious in our brains:) It is a marketing trick! In these days I am seeking more different things rather than a light up feature. For example I want to learn how durable are the colors of statues? In my opinion all the companies have to write general informations on their boxes! Cause if a Lobo statue is 570$ then I am not interested in his light up feature! Just want to learn how will I have to keep it safe and what is the best way of it!

Back