Statue XM Star Wars 1/4 Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's pump it up a notch. I want to see his chamber but torn to bits barely working with Vader in the middle of it looking exhausted. Like he just survived one hell of an assassination attempt or giant space battle. Gotta get infuse it was a story after all.

I'm actually more curious about how their helmet sculpts will be than their actor likenesses. I'm guessing the faces will be good, not fantastic (obviously I have as much of a clue as anyone else), but it's the helmets that are something that seems to have posed a real technical challenge for companies historically. How many stormtrooper sculpts have we seen, with very few being what we'd call "accurate?"

Sure, there's plenty of people who don't notice the difference, or couldn't point out specific inaccuracies, but if something's not right with something as iconic as Vader's mask, it's possible for even less hardcore fans to feel that something is just "off." Let the waiting begin :)

Since I am following this thread I'll wait and see what XM comes with. They have some big shoes to fill though, there are many SW licensees now, addressing all tastes and preferences, and to come with a new line they have to make exceptional product, especially if at very high price.

I keep hearing people talk about XM's high price..... I'm in Australia and here is a comparison for you.

XM Wolverine 1/4 scale cost me $792 delivered

The upcoming Vader PF from a local shop will be $779.99

Best extra $12 I ever spent :)

I keep hearing people talk about XM's high price..... I'm in Australia and here is a comparison for you.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

I think XM has value in their prices, it's higher but they're based are larger and celebrate and have a lot of other things going on and switch outs. Shipping for US is probably killer though ;p

The only things I would be interested out of this announcement are a 1/4 Han Solo, since it appears that Sideshow will never get around to making another one, and a 1/4 Stormtrooper. But will have to see what they have up their sleeve.

Darth Maul is honestly the only character I'm craving at this point. I hope the new Star Wars trilogy brings more main characters into it that aren't just humans. I want more zabrakis/darthomirians. More of everything really. Vs he human element is good, but would be more powerful if other races were intertwined.

That's because it was actually made by Applause, I own the piece and like it a lot :)

Ah cool, found a smaller picture of it! Thanks for the info! :) That's pretty much what I was thinking. Can't find the size of it at the moment. Is it 1/6th? Looks great though! :hi5:

I think a 1/4 version by XM would be pricey (size and weight), but amazing as well! Especially with all the details they could bring to it.

Here's the picture I found from Applause!

meditationchamber.jpg

I think that would be to much.. I want vader in a standing museum pose.. the chamber is cool.. but it takes it completely away from Vader itself as a focus

Ah cool, found a smaller picture of it! Thanks for the info! :) That's pretty much what I was thinking. Can't find the size of it at the moment. Is it 1/6th? Looks great though! :hi5:

I think a 1/4 version by XM would be pricey (size and weight), but amazing as well! Especially with all the details they could bring to it.

Here's the picture I found from Applause!

meditationchamber.jpg

looks way smaller then 1/6th.

Now that I see it, I wouldn't want a 1/4 Vader in his chamber.
Looks like he hatched out of a Faberge egg.

I want Ahsoka! She is still part of Disney's 'lore' and correct me if I'm wrong there hasn't been a decent statue of her yet.

If they got the pose and attitude right it could be good. But I think they'll stick with movie characters since TFA is only several months away.

I know this isn't popular opinion, but I hope XM does something dramatic with Vader. They did a great job with Magneto and the Phoenix. They were able to take 2 comic icons and give them magnificent presence in a way that hasn't yet been done.

I really don't think XM will go for a static museum pose. It's not their MO. I'm predicting that the XM Vader is going to be badass and imposing. I'm also predicting that it'll cause more chaos and mayhem than the Sideshow PF. ;)

Back