Statue XM Star Wars 1/4 Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think when this comes out we're gonna have a rush like we did when magneto first came out. I need a nice Han Solo stat.

I'm wondering if this will be the case. Once XM reveals one of their concept arts or one of their 3D renderings ...I wonder if we'll get the same rush. Only time will tell, I guess.

I'm hoping XM will blow us away with this license .....

Very "cartoon centric." Compare any of their sculpts to the Mythos line (Obi-Wan) as an example, and it kicks XM's ass.

Love my 1/4's, but this ain't doing it for me in the least... Bring on the Hot Toys ones - they look amazing!

You wonder why a comic face looks like a comic face? :wink1:

Wait for the first XM Star Wars piece and then you can TRY to compare the Mythos line. :wave

I want to get excited about this, but I am still trying to figure out how to get an XM product to the states. Those of you in the states that have an XM product, how do you do it? What are the best sites to work through and can be trusted?

The better news would be if this will have worldwide distribution.

I want to get excited about this, but I am still trying to figure out how to get an XM product to the states. Those of you in the states that have an XM product, how do you do it? What are the best sites to work through and can be trusted?

The better news would be if this will have worldwide distribution.

There's two or three, trusted, members on here.

these will be even harder to get than the marvel stuff if the edition size remains 999 or less.

there is a huge appetite for 1/4 scale fully sculpted star wars statues. no one has made that yet.

my thinking is xm will go the "mythos" route, giving us new "expanded universe" interpretations of all our favourites. I am hoping for dynamic poses with off the charts enviro-bases.

You wonder why a comic face looks like a comic face? :wink1:

Wait for the first XM Star Wars piece and then you can TRY to compare the Mythos line. :wave

Well my Obi-mythos will be the benchmark for sure. They are gonna have to at minimum make their stuff just as good preferably better for me to drop $1200 bucks on a statue.

From what've I've seen on the statue forums these are top notch but with very limited production runs and distribution. I know that BBTS does carry their stuff and that people in the states seem to be able to get them from simplytoys.com as well. I actually just bookmarked that site. These statues have been very highly sought after in the Marvel and Street Fighter collectors realms with values moving 2 - 3X list price in like hours. For me, the limited run/distribution could be an issue with this license because the Star Wars collecting community, especially with the new movies, is bigger. One of the biggest things with XM, if they do make a choice that doesn't sit well with collectors, they listen and actually change the sculpts/paint etc. Not really surprising given the small runs and limited releases and stuff though.

PCS does the Street Fighter stuff, not XM.
Yep - that's right, sorry. Typically the folks talking about the XM stuff are the same talking about the PCS stuff on the forums so I got crossed. Thanks

these will be even harder to get than the marvel stuff if the edition size remains 999 or less.

there is a huge appetite for 1/4 scale fully sculpted star wars statues. no one has made that yet.

my thinking is xm will go the "mythos" route, giving us new "expanded universe" interpretations of all our favourites. I am hoping for dynamic poses with off the charts enviro-bases.

Keep in mind though that only character representations deemed appropriate by Disney are allowed and I think that removes EU characterizations/interpretations from the picture. From what I understand, the back story/new interpretation nature of the Mythos line is what caused it to be discontinued once Disney acquired the franchise.

I can see XM starting off with a couple of heavy hitters, similar to what they did with Marvel. They will undoubtedly give us a vader and fett - no faces to sculpt on those. This is where they will have to step up their game - portraits. Everyone wants a Han, Luke, Leia, but not if they're ugly.

Last edited:
I'm calling it now. Vader, Boba, and Han or Luke... 1st 3 teased/released for sure!

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but does this have a North America license or the some crap like their Marvel license?

I am in 100% agreement with you ambasah. However, it is ok to mix in the occasional museum pose for those characters that it would fit like Vader or Yoda. But I want excitement and creativity for my SW statues. This is one of the reasons I never got into the SS line....even though some were pretty cool like Savage Opress and a couple others.

Also, the fact that I can start fresh with the first character from the SW line and know that there will be some consistency in AD from the get go w/ excellent QC to boot....makes this a highly anticipated line for me.

I can see XM starting off with a couple of heavy hitters, similar to what they did with Marvel. They will undoubtedly give us a vader and fett - no faces to sculpt on those. This is where they will have to step up their game - portraits. Everyone wants a Han, Luke, Leia, but not if they're ugly.

That's a fair statement for this SW line. With comics...they are interpretations and different artists draw them differently. With SW it's either this or the highway. One thing I know about XM...they like the challenge of making a PREMIUM collectible and also accept the advice of the consumer when it's warranted. I hope XM is prepared for a lot more analness with their SW figures. Lord help them if they ever get the Predator / Aliens line. :gah:

Back