Statue XM Star Wars 1/4 Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see XM starting off with a couple of heavy hitters, similar to what they did with Marvel. They will undoubtedly give us a vader and fett - no faces to sculpt on those. This is where they will have to step up their game - portraits. Everyone wants a Han, Luke, Leia, but not if they're ugly.

Knowing XM, even if the character their making wears a helmet, they would make unmasked portraits for COH options. They'd even give change of arms/hands options. I'm confident the likeness of the portraits will be off the hook.

Knowing XM, even if the character their making wears a helmet, they would make unmasked portraits for COH options. They'd even give change of arms/hands options. I'm confident the likeness of the portraits will be off the hook.

I'm not saying they can't do it, just that they really haven't had to as of it. Based on the XM Cap I have and the other pics I've seen, they can sculpt with the best of them and I'm confident they have the artists that can pull off great portraits. A great portrait backed with solid QC and feedback welcomed is something I've excited about.

Keep in mind though that only character representations deemed appropriate by Disney are allowed and I think that removes EU characterizations/interpretations from the picture. From what I understand, the back story/new interpretation nature of the Mythos line is what caused it to be discontinued once Disney acquired the franchise.

good point. it will be interesting to see what the mouse says to them.

I do know they are trying for more than a museum pose for the first release...whether it gets approved is another matter.

You wonder why a comic face looks like a comic face? :wink1:

Wait for the first XM Star Wars piece and then you can TRY to compare the Mythos line. :wave

You are completely clueless by stating that anything that XM does will have an easy time matching up to the Mythos pieces. Those are some of the best pieces made by anyone. Ever.

Also, XM's face sculpts for the most part (except Magneto) are a HUGE let down. I know they are quickly forgiven for this, but nobody else would get the kid glove treatment for some of their portraits. That is going to be really key, especially at the price points of these, when we already have Hot Toys coming with both guns blazing at 1/6 and revving up the 1/4 stuff.

Good luck to everyone with these pieces

Get in quick or deal with the flippers lol

1432999800192_zpsengtft1l.jpg

1433006342040_zpsrsgte5u0.jpg

i think thats great news.. but I won't be able to get all what they are doing. Those prices are crazy. I might get a couple pieces I really love from the get go and would hate to miss out.. I really hope they get a USA distributor for that soon as well..

but I am certainly to see what and when we will see something !!

We are in the statue section, so Hot Toys is your last line of defend? :wave

You are just missing the mark all over the place aren't you?

Hot Toys is really who they are up against, as they are already huge in the area that XM distributes. Thats who they will have to measure up to. That clear enough for you?

Its still....

XM - Statue vs Hot Toys - Action Figure

....that clear enough for you? :wave

Point being, XM face sculpts have been their weak point. They will have to do better with such a crowded field, one that is unforgiving. You can get away with it on a comic inspired piece, but Star Wars fans are unforgiving when it comes to the facial likenesses, which SS often gets beaten over the head with, especially when the statues don't come close to HT.

You may however return to your fapping.

Yeah SW fans are accuracy perfectionists. It's hard to capture face sculpts of real people and so far Hot Toys are one of the best at it. SS's Star Wars human PF's have been less than well received due to the likenesses. If XM decides to go the stylized route then I don't think they'll have any issues but if they want to portray real characters I'm hoping they'll pull out all the resources to do the best they can.

lets just see first what they come up with. As said, I have great expectations that they will deliver... price wise im out probably for most of them unfortunately but if they come up with something just outstanding - I might go rob a bank or so but I will get it

Point being, XM face sculpts have been their weak point. They will have to do better with such a crowded field, one that is unforgiving. You can get away with it on a comic inspired piece, but Star Wars fans are unforgiving when it comes to the facial likenesses, which SS often gets beaten over the head with, especially when the statues don't come close to HT.

You may however return to your fapping.

This :lecture

Like others here, my first reaction is that I hope they can improve in the head sculpt department. If so, they certainly have the potential to usurp some of the Sideshow statues out there. But some of their comic sculpts don't blow me away, and they don't even have to look like a specific, real person. Here, unless you're just doing helmeted characters, then they're going to have to cross that bridge. Having said that, Hot Toys misses likeness almost as often as it hits it, and they do very well.

so how that even works.. Im biased in the US..

1. can I even order from XM directly ?
2. if yes, what are my additional costs? Lets say a statue is listed for $700 ..whats approx. my total ?

2. if yes, what are my additional costs? Lets say a statue is listed for $700 ..whats approx. my total ?

I don't think we know what their licensing restrictions are yet. I'm guessing probably not if they haven't mentioned anything since I would think that would be the first thing they said along with the announcement if they were able to sell globally.
You'll always be looking at around 200-250 shipping tacked onto the cost of the statue if you're buying from their region.

If it's a global license yes, but I doubt it as SS has it and I imagine if it was global they would have mentioned it when revealed (like the top cow license). You'll have to order from simply toys most likely (unless you choose a US retailer like secret compass or bbts, and their prices aren't cheap at all) in which case you're additional costs will be the increased shipping fees.

Back