XM Captain America - The Honorary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dan350zr, yes it does make sense but to clarify, not all distributors are getting cuts. We reallocate between 3-4 distributors tops plus our own direct web or retail stocks get cut as well.

In addition, specifically to THIS Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty piece, it's only exclusive to 1-2 local distributors in Singapore whom helped us start the business. These 2 are getting all the Capt pieces, no other distributors/countries or even XM will be selling these, hence reallocation/cuts does not apply for this statue.

NICE!!!!! XM Bryan is back. Dude thank you so much for coming in here and clearing that all up. Please poke your head in here more. I promise that we don't bite.... well okay MAYBE JAWS, but if you throw a raw steak into the water before you speak he gets distracted... lol.

P.S. Thanks for the shout out on FB I am glad you guys like my suggestion for the name change to "Sentinel of Liberty". It is so Captain America... Lol

Last edited:
Hey Dan350zr, yes it does make sense but to clarify, not all distributors are getting cuts. We reallocate between 3-4 distributors tops plus our own direct web or retail stocks get cut as well.

In addition, specifically to THIS Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty piece, it's only exclusive to 1-2 local distributors in Singapore whom helped us start the business. These 2 are getting all the Capt pieces, no other distributors/countries or even XM will be selling these, hence reallocation/cuts does not apply for this statue.

Ah Gotcha...

I understand why you guys are doing it, but that's too bad - even though I'd given up on superhero statues, I fell in love with this Cap the minute I saw it —not even a big Cap fan— and knew it had to be mine. It would have acted as a gateway drug for me, too, since I don't have any XM pieces and was already eyeing up that Punisher. Not any more, though. Without that Cap, I really don't feel like being pulled back into this genre. XM stuff is already ultra expensive here in Europe as is, let alone going through all the übersecret hoops to get one from Singapore. :crying

Oh, well. Lots of money saved.

I'd guess this will surpass magneto on the secondary market. That is if it comes out looking like the prototype

The last XM Cap was 500 es, as is this,and has been had on the secondary market between 1K and $1500.00. The lowest I saw Magneto go on the bay was $2400.00. It is being had between 3K and 4K. I don't see it happening. Don't be one of the first ones to bite, wait a couple months after they start popping up and you should be able to save yourself hundreds of dollars. I think $1200.00-$1600.00 is probably the secondary price range on this. I have been following XM closely on Ebay over the past year and I feel this is an educated guess. I have even purchased 6 myself from eBay.

The last XM Cap was 500 es, as is this,and has been had on the secondary market between 1K and $1500.00. The lowest I saw Magneto go on the bay was $2400.00. It is being had between 3K and 4K. I don't see it happening. Don't be one of the first ones to bite, wait a couple months after they start popping up and you should be able to save yourself hundreds of dollars. I think $1200.00-$1600.00 is probably the secondary price range on this. I have been following XM closely on Ebay over the past year and I feel this is an educated guess. I have even purchased 6 myself from eBay.

I'll take Option B. Save my money and not buy it.

Not going to get prison raped with secondary market prices. Just easier to move onto something else.

I think youre too low. This will only be given to 2 distributors and not sold on XMs site. I see it being in the 2k range. People love exclusives. Also, people seem to love the pose and face a lot more than the last one.

Last edited:
I think youre too low. This will only be given to 2 distributors and not sold on XMs site. I see it being in the 2k range. People love exclusives. Also, people seem to love the pose and face a lot more than the last one.

No way this will ever come close to mag. It's great but cap has so many choices out there people can't buy then no biggie. They just buy one of the many out there now. Mags? None will need from xm...... This won't be going for anymore than the first imo.

This MAY be one of the most sought after XM pieces in a long while, and the aftermarket to start may be insane and approach Magnetos level simply because it looks to be a definitive XM Cap, and like you said people are way more inboard with this one.

So wats the es

ES is 500 same as the first Capt. Because it's only meant for 2 local distributors (Singapore) the ES isn't high.

And thanks Spidey for the welcome! I'll try to poke my head here in more often!

I'd guess this will surpass magneto on the secondary market. That is if it comes out looking like the prototype

IMO, not a chance. It's a beautiful sculpt but there are a few viable 1/4 options for a Cap statue (SSC PF, 1st XM Cap, new XM Cap). There is only one licensed 1/4 Mags statue and it's a magnificent piece. The sculpt is pure genius in every way and executed to perfection. The demand for Mags is still unmatched by any other XM piece in the aftermarket. There's a reason for that. I don't see it changing anytime soon. I think Phoenix and Thanos will come close to challenging Mags but still fall short IMO. Mags is just one of those special pieces that set the bar for others to follow.

This MAY be one of the most sought after XM pieces in a long while, and the aftermarket to start may be insane and approach Magnetos level simply because it looks to be a definitive XM Cap, and like you said people are way more inboard with this one.

It's a great looking Cap statue, no doubt. However, the first XM Cap also looks good, as does the SSC PF. As the XM Caps hit $1000 or more in the aftermarket, I can see many peeps just looking to pick up an SSC REG PF in the aftermarket. The pricing is about the same and they all look great.

Magneto's level? I don't think so. It's your standard museum pose cap that Bowen, Sideshow and other companies have been doing. Nothing out of the ordinary. With cap being such an underrated character, he should have a dynamic pose, that makes him stand out, and attract attention from a wider audience, rather than from your hardcore CA fans. I for one am not a huge fan of CA, but I would buy a CA if it blew me away. Its a nice museum pose, but this does not blow me away. The ES might work for flippers, flipping to your hardcore fans, but it doesn't scream as a must have to a wider group that wouldn't normally buy a cap, IMO. Now Iron Studio's might be on to something. Movie version looks great! If XM did the same with this one, I might be more inclined to purchase it. So far I can compare three pieces of XM's that are slightly tweaked from another companies version; SS HawkEye, SS Cap PF, and kotobukiya's Wolverine. Don't get me wrong, this cap doesn't look bad, its just if XM is trying to do something different from other companies, do something that isn't so similar to the competitions other work.

I'm no CA fan either but this one kinda strikes me. Sculpt and anatomy look top notch, and I gotta be honest, the rumor this one will be cheaper (due to fewer switch outs or no switch outs) is what dragged me in, I just don't want to commit too much money to a character I like but don't really love. And it just came to my mind that, as a character, I like MUCH MORE Bucky/Winter Soldier. It would be pretty awesome to me to have a great XM Winter Soldier displayed with this Cap behind him, like a little diorama that represents the link between the two.

Magneto's level? I don't think so. It's your standard museum pose cap that Bowen, Sideshow and other companies have been doing. Nothing out of the ordinary. With cap being such an underrated character, he should have a dynamic pose, that makes him stand out, and attract attention from a wider audience, rather than from your hardcore CA fans. I for one am not a huge fan of CA, but I would buy a CA if it blew me away. Its a nice museum pose, but this does not blow me away. The ES might work for flippers, flipping to your hardcore fans, but it doesn't scream as a must have to a wider group that wouldn't normally buy a cap, IMO. Now Iron Studio's might be on to something. Movie version looks great! If XM did the same with this one, I might be more inclined to purchase it. So far I can compare three pieces of XM's that are slightly tweaked from another companies version; SS HawkEye, SS Cap PF, and kotobukiya's Wolverine. Don't get me wrong, this cap doesn't look bad, its just if XM is trying to do something different from other companies, do something that isn't so similar to the competitions other work.

So if one company does a Hawkeye bow stance then nobody else is allowed to pose Hawkeye in a bow stance?

I honestly don't see much similarity with SS and XM Capt's...

Capt%20America%20compare.jpg

wolverine%20compare.jpg

Last edited:
Back