XM Captain America - The Honorary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It felt like Christmas morning when I was in Best Buy getting an Avengers AoU steelbook and I saw this on Facebook. I love this....it's perfect. That circular base will make this look great next to XM Iron Man 42. I just want him to be a lighter blue, like the VKH Civil War 1/6 diorama.

Nice! I went to Best Buys early today to get an Avenger's AoU steel book, too. Love it!

What!

cd41f8887feaf4985e89eac7b3bb9141_zpswhsfth6c.jpg

87a546cd0b2601ba18d6aca417056d16_zpsomchppbq.jpg

Like I said at SF ....this is down right awesome!

If they are rehashing a few characters, Hulk needs to be next ...gray or green.

The right leg looks awkward, hope they still revise it but I love this, their portrait also improved a lot!

The right leg looks awkward, hope they still revise it but I love this, their portrait also improved a lot!

For me, his saluting arm looks a little long/awkward. I can't put my finger on it but maybe the anatomy seems just a little off. Also, the cuff on his boots are too narrow and cylindrical looking. Almost looks like the way Neal Adams drew Cyclops boots before the Cockrum/Byrne era. I'd like the boot cuffs to look a little longer and looser. Lastly, I'd love to see XM get rid of the pouches. They have it on their 1st Cap release...give us one without them. I HATE pouches (reminds me too much of Rob Liefeld's art and costume designs). Everything else about this new Cap is great IMO. I'd just like to see a typical classic Cap with XM tossing in a few details to Caps costume (for example, I love when XM adds detailed stitching to a costume). Anyways, this is just a WIP so I'm really interested to see what the final product looks like.

For me, his saluting arm looks a little long/awkward. I can't put my finger on it but maybe the anatomy seems just a little off. Also, the cuff on his boots are too narrow and cylindrical looking. Almost looks like the way Neal Adams drew Cyclops boots before the Cockrum/Byrne era. I'd like the boot cuffs to look a little longer and looser. Lastly, I'd love to see XM get rid of the pouches. They have it on their 1st Cap release...give us one without them. I HATE pouches (reminds me too much of Rob Liefeld's art and costume designs). Everything else about this new Cap is great IMO. I'd just like to see a typical classic Cap with XM tossing in a few details to Caps costume (for example, I love when XM adds detailed stitching to a costume). Anyways, this is just a WIP so I'm really interested to see what the final product looks like.

I know they are working on the saluting arm still, and that the base sounds cool, but I will let the guys share that. I don't know Filip .... This might be "Th One"... Lol

It will be cool if the switch out allows the shield to be put on his back

Looks like this is a limited thank you to those early distributors that helped XM get started

A quick background story on this capt; When our first capt came out, it actually took us about a year to sell out 500 pieces! We were relatively unknown then but some local distributors took a chance on us. As early as then, there were discussions on a Disti exclusive capt as our way of saying thanks. That's the story of this 2nd capt and that's why it's only 500es. It's a special tribute to our early believer partners and not something we came up with recently. Just thought we should clear the air.

So itll only be available through those retailers I take it? Great...

Well I know who to talk to.... Like I have always said... I have been waiting on a combination of design and character, and this one looks to totally fill the bill. May pop my XM cherry on this.

Last edited:
Totally curious what the switch out options will be, too!

I'm definitely liking this piece! I'm in!

I can see that happening in all likelihood. Wondering if they'll make another switch out right arm with shield and left arm without shield?

I missed the first one but I won't miss this one...I'm all in ....I'm love XM pieces waiting on my phoenix to come in and got some POs out as well... still collecting sideshow as well though, just snatched up He-Man.....thanks for the post...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I like this better than the first one! Still I'm completely satisfied with my classic SSC Cap.

I think all three statues are awesome.

Where can we order these statues? I know BBTS has some but none of the pre-orders for the ones coming out soon.

I am actually not to sure about where the orders may be found.... It may take a little time for XM to reveal where orders can be had.

Back