Xiall – The Great Osteomancer Premium Format Figure (Court of the Dead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popped in here as soon as I got the pre-order email. Glad I'm not alone in thinking that price is ****ing atrocious. I mean, it's a great sculpt, and I'm sure the paint will be a bit of work, but god damn. You've got to be kidding me.

I don't think so judging by the last few pages of the thread. Bunch of us want her...but not for that price.

I think a lot of us are going to let her sit in SS's warehouse until they come down on the price.

So far, I haven't seen anyone here say that they've pre-ordered her. Lot of people said they wouldn't be after the price was revealed yesterday.

Nobody at all on either of the two main forums so far then. Not really surprising, I guess we've found peoples financial limit and then some..

Its definately a piece i would love to own. Do not get me wrong. But its not a line i intend to buy anything else from. And that price, to me is ludicrous. If it was $450 i would have preordered it. Even at $500. I would have just used the 10% off. But not at $600, without shipping. And correct me if im wrong. I got the 10% off coupon like 2 years ago for the cotd pieces,.. if i recall correctly didnt sideshow say it could only be used on pieces that were already up for preorder at that time, not future cotd pieces ??. My whole intention was saving it for xiall but then after reading that i just put it to the wayside. Unless sideshow drops the price i feel as if it will stay in their warehouse. Congrats to anyone whose pockets are deep enough to pick it up though.

Uhmmmm guys. Just noticed something else too that is quite worrisome. Has anyone checked out the materials ?? Polystone, pvc, metal. I can see it now. You plop down $600+ on it to find out,.. the base is polystone,.. the staff is metal... and xiall is pvc. Yeah count me out. Not taking a chance on what could be the new supes pvc 2.0

Its definately a piece i would love to own. Do not get me wrong. But its not a line i intend to buy anything else from. And that price, to me is ludicrous. If it was $450 i would have preordered it. Even at $500. I would have just used the 10% off. But not at $600, without shipping. And correct me if im wrong. I got the 10% off coupon like 2 years ago for the cotd pieces,.. if i recall correctly didnt sideshow say it could only be used on pieces that were already up for preorder at that time, not future cotd pieces ??. My whole intention was saving it for xiall but then after reading that i just put it to the wayside. Unless sideshow drops the price i feel as if it will stay in their warehouse. Congrats to anyone whose pockets are deep enough to pick it up though.

You can use the 10% off on this piece. I agree the price is too high but I really like this line so I've pre-ordered her with the 10% off code. although there are a couple that I don't really have an interest in most of these cotd statues are really unique.

Uhmmmm guys. Just noticed something else too that is quite worrisome. Has anyone checked out the materials ?? Polystone, pvc, metal. I can see it now. You plop down $600+ on it to find out,.. the base is polystone,.. the staff is metal... and xiall is pvc. Yeah count me out. Not taking a chance on what could be the new supes pvc 2.0

I would think it would be polystyrene just like the others. However the blue flames and probably the papyrus will be plastic parts. Like the sirens water.

I was going to....saw the price and sideshow made my choice easy. Pass. I'll probably get 1 court of the dead piece but I am still debating which it might be. I might let them all roll out and see which actually delivers the goods in person. Even if I have to pay more...I'll save the frustration of getting something I don't like and have to deal with reselling it.

It's weird because I planned on getting maybe 4 of these. ...but it's just like they didn't know how to really handle what they created.

This will be a learning experience for them I think. I get the LOADED figures might have been $899 etc..even 1k or a bit more. This looks like a $400-450 piece...if it had a cool switch out...add $100.

There's too much competition to be messing around these days with big mark ups on a creator owned property with no history.

Vote with your wallets fellas.

The only reason they're pricing it that much is because they know there's a lot of people out there that will bend over for them.

Welp wonder how much arbiter of bone is gonna cost,.... oh wait he was cancelled wasnt he ?? This line is going to be a mess wow. Im not even too upset at her price tbh. Made my xiall, skeletor decision that much easier hahaha

I don't understand people.

Some people complain that the quality of the paint job on the statues will never be so good for the price of 399 But you buy a custom painted statue for 1000 and more because it's "special" and someone put a lot of work into it.
Some people buy an OOP statue for double the money
Some people buy a custom made head for the price of a full statue
you say that for statues to look like the prototype they need to be of a higher cost.

And now you get one at a higher cost, could mean it's more detailed and closer to prototype, yet all you do is complain about how expansive it is....

People are never happy

I was going to....saw the price and sideshow made my choice easy. Pass. I'll probably get 1 court of the dead piece but I am still debating which it might be. I might let them all roll out and see which actually delivers the goods in person. Even if I have to pay more...I'll save the frustration of getting something I don't like and have to deal with reselling it.

It's weird because I planned on getting maybe 4 of these. ...but it's just like they didn't know how to really handle what they created.

This will be a learning experience for them I think. I get the LOADED figures might have been $899 etc..even 1k or a bit more. This looks like a $400-450 piece...if it had a cool switch out...add $100.

There's too much competition to be messing around these days with big mark ups on a creator owned property with no history.

To be honest very smart decision imo. :exactly:

I don't understand people.

Some people complain that the quality of the paint job on the statues will never be so good for the price of 399 But you buy a custom painted statue for 1000 and more because it's "special" and someone put a lot of work into it.
Some people buy an OOP statue for double the money
Some people buy a custom made head for the price of a full statue
you say that for statues to look like the prototype they need to be of a higher cost.

And now you get one at a higher cost, could mean it's more detailed and closer to prototype, yet all you do is complain about how expansive it is....

People are never happy

I think people would be happy. The problem is the higher price point hasn't proven better quality prodiction line pieces yet.

That's really the point.

Deaths general looked killer. 300 made. A killer collectible for those smart enough to get it (if you ignore now 2 years in some are falling over)

What does SS do? Announces another one. The entire line hasn't even been released yet....and already people who supported the line are getting burned by a recast essentially of something they have done. That's fun. You're super rare piece just got redone. Perfect. Really captures and celebrates the whole "collectible" angle of their product.

Let's step back and let SS show what their next moves are. ...so far it's been telling.

Vote with your wallets fellas.

The only reason they're pricing it that much is because they know there's a lot of people out there that will bend over for them.

^ This.

We can complain and moan about the price here on the forums and facebook and Sideshow just shrugs it off and takes no notice, in fact they actually delete comments about the high price on facebook and only allow positive ones, but if you take action and refuse to order it then they will take notice.

Actions speak louder than words.

I think people would be happy. The problem is the higher price point hasn't proven better quality prodiction line pieces yet.

That's really the point.

Deaths general looked killer. 300 made. A killer collectible for those smart enough to get it (if you ignore now 2 years in some are falling over)

What does SS do? Announces another one. The entire line hasn't even been released yet....and already people who supported the line are getting burned by a recast essentially of something they have done. That's fun. You're super rare piece just got redone. Perfect. Really captures and celebrates the whole "collectible" angle of their product.

Let's step back and let SS show what their next moves are. ...so far it's been telling.

:goodpost: A true kick to the teeth. That's how I took it anyway.

Back