Xiall – The Great Osteomancer Premium Format Figure (Court of the Dead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand people.

Some people complain that the quality of the paint job on the statues will never be so good for the price of 399 But you buy a custom painted statue for 1000 and more because it's "special" and someone put a lot of work into it.
Some people buy an OOP statue for double the money
Some people buy a custom made head for the price of a full statue
you say that for statues to look like the prototype they need to be of a higher cost.

And now you get one at a higher cost, could mean it's more detailed and closer to prototype, yet all you do is complain about how expansive it is....

People are never happy

Truth is that nowhere it's stated that the higher price point corresponds to higher quality, in fact I still see the "prototype shown" disclaimer on the website. If this is the case, they should put a disclaimer like "this statue is being made to achieve prototype quality". I'd rather pay 1000$ for a custom done in the 50-100 pieces and painted by someone really skillful than 600$ for a mass produced piece that is going to be painted in the same factories where everything else is painted with the usual hit and miss quality.
You know, like that $800 Godzilla maquette that came with "prototype quality"... basically unpainted.

^ This.

We can complain and moan about the price here on the forums and facebook and Sideshow just shrugs it off and takes no notice, in fact they actually delete comments about the high price on facebook and only allow positive ones, but if you take action and refuse to order it then they will take notice.

Actions speak louder than words.

They have erased many of my comments and other guys who complained of a price too exaggerated than the other output, day after BOOM comments disappeared: D: D
I hope they realize the sad thing that they did, I predict many Xiall on shelves gathering dust!

They keep deleting my comments as well. And i am not even posting anything negative. The piece is beautiful,...but its too much money. And something is not adding up. Pinhead is 22 inches tall with a 1inch base that weighs about 5-6 pounds. He weighs 12lbs. Xiall is 26 inches tall with a base that appears to be about 3 inches high so i would assume roughly 5lbs as well. Yet she has her little metal staff and what not, but she also weighs 12lbs. I fear people may have bought themselves a pvc xiall. And i hope its not the case. And sideshow is not responding to whether she is or is not. And it keeps getting deleted.

They keep deleting my comments as well. And i am not even posting anything negative. The piece is beautiful,...but its too much money. And something is not adding up. Pinhead is 22 inches tall with a 1inch base that weighs about 5-6 pounds. He weighs 12lbs. Xiall is 26 inches tall with a base that appears to be about 3 inches high so i would assume roughly 5lbs as well. Yet she has her little metal staff and what not, but she also weighs 12lbs. I fear people may have bought themselves a pvc xiall. And i hope its not the case. And sideshow is not responding to whether she is or is not. And it keeps getting deleted.
There's the answer... they're unable to justify the price they're asking. They're being driven by greed.

:goodpost: A true kick to the teeth. That's how I took it anyway.

of course! I bought the Batman black and the original poison ivy. Because I like them, but I collectables. That's part of the fun of the hobby. even with the high production numbers on the originals and the Batman black is I think 2000 for the exclusive which I have. It still pisses me off that they went and did a blue version. It's ridiculous make a new sculpt. I'm pretty much of the mindset now that I will buy these on the aftermarket. And when I say "these" I mean being very selective over a period of time I will grab statues and not even necessarily from Sideshow of things that turned out great and look awesome in person. I'll save money and frustration in the long run dropping an extra few hundred dollars knowing that what I'm getting, is what I want. I will never pre-order, and I will just show patience and collect the nice stuff. I don't need to be the first kid on the block to have the hot new statue.

of course! I bought the Batman black and the original poison ivy. Because I like them, but I collectables. That's part of the fun of the hobby. even with the high production numbers on the originals and the Batman black is I think 2000 for the exclusive which I have. It still pisses me off that they went and did a blue version. It's ridiculous make a new sculpt. I'm pretty much of the mindset now that I will buy these on the aftermarket. And when I say "these" I mean being very selective over a period of time I will grab statues and not even necessarily from Sideshow of things that turned out great and look awesome in person. I'll save money and frustration in the long run dropping an extra few hundred dollars knowing that what I'm getting, is what I want. I will never pre-order, and I will just show patience and collect the nice stuff. I don't need to be the first kid on the block to have the hot new statue.

This is so true. A new sculpt would be so welcome. Just wished that is what they do for instead of so many repaints. :goodpost:

I had a lot of typos in that above post. Lol.

Really curious how the executioner is going to turn out once it's shipped. I do feel like he's going to be a big test for the line.

Sideshow's explanation for the $200 increase on this PF.

Details, details and more details really. Detailed paint application, detailed sculpt elements for the entire piece, and the mixed media elements all add up to a pricey piece to have produced. The Court of the Dead items, even though unlicensed, come back consistently with much higher costs involved than many of the licensed items due to all the details that are involved with them. Plus it really costs more and more to manufacture sixth scale, statues, busts, life-size figures, and so on all the time. If Oglaviel were released today for Pre-Order the cost to produce him would be so much, much higher then it was when he was initially released for Pre-Order and as such his retail price would have been far higher as well.

ahahahah only it makes me laugh, these are jokes Sideshow, because the other thing they have less of Xiall? Nothing, virtually nothing, enough of the teasing, be the first to say that your greed now trumps everything!

It is a fantastic looking piece. Such a shame the costing has led to it being tossed out by so many people (or so it seems). I will wait and see what happens price wise but I want this piece at some point. The cost I suppose is really not a point that I care to argue about as at the end of the day I am buying things that will be put in a room for me to look at and cherish. It has no other purpose and the majority of friends and family think I am mad for paying over £50 for a 'statue'.

Choices, choices...........But I do love it! :panic:

This piece looks kind of plain imo compared to the others. If it was consider a reg PF it would seem more fitting. Looks very simple and not much parts for this. Don't get me wrong I love the sculpt. I'm just saying to me it looks more like what you would get in a reg PF. Even her height seems more like a reg PF except the base and spear props this much higher in height.

It is a fantastic looking piece. Such a shame the costing has led to it being tossed out by so many people (or so it seems). I will wait and see what happens price wise but I want this piece at some point. The cost I suppose is really not a point that I care to argue about as at the end of the day I am buying things that will be put in a room for me to look at and cherish. It has no other purpose and the majority of friends and family think I am mad for paying over £50 for a 'statue'.

I agree. I really like this line...and I want it to succeed for them... and also for the artists who worked on this and created these pieces.

it's VERY cool to see a company with all these big licenses do what Sideshow is doing with Court of the Dead.
of course at the end of the day they will make money./....but trust me..it's probably much easier to just do licensed properties that are already successful rather than to take a leap with something original...and in the horror genre no less.

so I tip my hat to them for that/

I am still trying to figure out a plan of attack for the pieces I do want...

Well, if you do decide to get this piece, and a friend or family member asks how much it costs... do the right thing and tell them to sit down first!

Well, if you do decide to get this piece, and a friend or family member asks how much it costs... do the right thing and tell them to sit down first!

More like 'Lie down' :explode: I still look back at the CotD line up videos and picture a few of them along with my Conan pieces (Queen, Kier, Cleopsis and Xiall). Red Sonja is still on the horizon as well :lol

Some might have to sneak into the kids college fund and spend it all on this Line. Just don't tell the wife until the kids go to college that something had happen. At least this way there will be monthly money coming to survive this entire line. Maybe the wife will be ok with it by telling her years down the road it's a investment to buy the entire line to resell for triple to help the kids? It may work?

Maybe the wife will be ok with it by telling her years down the road it's a investment to buy the entire line to resell for triple to help the kids? It may work?

Fat chance of that happening; none of these are really in demand. The long wait for each statue coupled with spotty quality control hasn't helped.

@!#$&other such grawlixes.

I've pre-ordered her, but now with people talking like they might lower the price if everyone keeps kvetching with their wallets? Have they ever done that before? I mean, if I cancel now, I'm out, what? $50? I'd rather take the $550 hit for something I really, really like, than a guaranteed loss of $50 and the hope that I can get it on the cheap on the aftermarket a year from now.

Never gonna happen. the price is and will be.

@!#$&other such grawlixes.

I've pre-ordered her, but now with people talking like they might lower the price if everyone keeps kvetching with their wallets? Have they ever done that before? I mean, if I cancel now, I'm out, what? $50? I'd rather take the $550 hit for something I really, really like, than a guaranteed loss of $50 and the hope that I can get it on the cheap on the aftermarket a year from now.

Back