Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right now its a speculation.... a magazine is printing pictures and an ad with it. but remember what next month is??? april's fools!!! i'll wait until i see it on the shelves before i believe it. im happy with my system right now anyways--if the black edition does release i can easily find someone around here to sell mine to. i still have boxes and everything for it.

well I told the M$ rep that called me that I would not pay the $69 for repairs since they had "repaired" it twice and apparantly didn't fix it so i would not pay for repairs and i requested he take that to his superior and if they would fix it for no cost to call me back if not then i don't want my money to go to a companythat doesn't support their product. he said he would call me sunday so we'll see.

if they don't fix it i'll buy the new version when it comes out. yeah i know i'm giving them more money but my beef is with the "repair fee" so it makes sense to me. i can't go without my 360....plus i've already put too much money into it with the games, etc.

i understand and feel the same way. in fact the new systems will not only have a larger hard drive, but will also perform much cooler due to the new streamlined chips.

hairlesswookiee said:
i understand and feel the same way. in fact the new systems will not only have a larger hard drive, but will also perform much cooler due to the new streamlined chips.

and are supposed to be quieter.

mfoga said:
I never though they were loud.

maybe mine was because they kept sending me ones made in 2005 or it was dying. i cannot even hear my Wii though.

I just saw a big two page spread in Game Informer about the new 360. Looks like I will only have my white one for another month!

I am jazzed about finally getting HDMI, particularly with the HD DVD player. I think I would get it for that alone, although I wanted to download a movie the other day and there wasn't room on the hard drive--the 120 gig version is going to hold a lot more videos. And I love the color.

Yeah, I'm planning on getting it.

The price isn't bad either. $479, I had heard a while back it could have been like $100 more than that, so this is actually quite good.

Although I really wish they would have added HD-DVD to the drive instead of leaving it to the external player still. It seems like HD-DVD might lose so they're trying not to force a format on people (like Sony), most likely if Blu-Ray wins they'll release an external Blu-Ray player, or a new Xbox 360 version. 'Course, by then Blu-Ray will be cheap so it won't matter much.

But I will be glad to get this updated one, especially with Mass Effect coming out soon. And then Unreal Tournament, and Force Unleashed next year. It'll be fun.

I dont want a black one I like the white one. They black ones are a limited run right? Another question will the componet still work? I see needing HDMI in the future but my TV only has 1 port right now.

mfoga said:
I dont want a black one I like the white one. They black ones are a limited run right? Another question will the componet still work? I see needing HDMI in the future but my TV only has 1 port right now.

I'm sure the HDMI will be a separate port/out....everything else should be the same as it is on the back of the 360 right now. so it will be something in addition to what is already on the 360.

i am torn on the black or white.....i like my electronics to be black but my wii is next to the 360 and i like the way they look together. well...once i get my 360 repaired/replaced that is.

From what I've learned it will have a separate HDMI port so it still has the component output.

The black color is supposed to be a limited run and then they'll be making it in white, so if you want the new system in white then wait for a while and get it once they stop making it in black.

The lack of ability to copy some saved game files from one hard drive to another is going to be a problem for some people.

As I understand it, items downloaded via Xbox Live (videos, demos, etc.) can be downloaded again when you transfer your ID over to the new hard drive. As far as saved games, get this for $15 at Amazon and back up your saved game files to your PC:

360 to PC Transfer Kit

B000G02KGG.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Actually, from what I've heard it will come with a cable to transfer your stuff from your old xbox to the new one.

Also, if you don't like black you can probably find a nice case mod (yes they sell xbox cases) that you can put on your xbox, although it involves a little bit of technically expertise because you have to take out all of the guts and put them into a new case.

Fantastic! And thanks Tom, I wasn't aware of that backup option. Is that new? I had to switch XBox's awhile ago and it was a traumatic experience for my daughter because I couldn't copy Viva Pinata to a memory card and she had to start a new garden. :lol

the ONE thing i don't like about the new xbox is that its not HD DVD capable, but i also understand MSs reasoning in it. i will probably get one, but only if i can find a person to buy my current box, and find an easy way to transfer all my hard drive content.

well M$ agreed to repair mine for free and pay for shipping...i told them i'd overnight it(didn't want to wait the extra 3-4 days) so i sent it off this morning...should have it by the weekend. yea M$, way to do the right thing.....eventually.

Vader AL said:
well M$ agreed to repair mine for free and pay for shipping...i told them i'd overnight it(didn't want to wait the extra 3-4 days) so i sent it off this morning...should have it by the weekend. yea M$, way to do the right thing.....eventually.
glad to hear that. I knew if you pushed they would cave since they know its their fault.

Back