Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my xbox on constantly for almost 3 months now in standby and had no real issues. I've only completely shut the system down maybe 3 times? Once because the home screen was running super slow (this was before the update and hard reset fixed it), once because BF4 wouldn't boot up no matter what I did, and I can't remember why for the third one.

It's convenient to leave on as I can download system updates and game updates while I'm asleep or gone out and when I get home, it's updated and I just need to boot up the game. I also like how quickly it takes me to the home screen whereas it takes a little but longer to start up completely.

I agree, soft shut down for me as well, very convenient.

That being said, my X1 should have a red ring of death in about 6 months. :lol

Afterall, it is MS.

I've had my xbox on constantly for almost 3 months now in standby and had no real issues. I've only completely shut the system down maybe 3 times? Once because the home screen was running super slow (this was before the update and hard reset fixed it), once because BF4 wouldn't boot up no matter what I did, and I can't remember why for the third one.

It's convenient to leave on as I can download system updates and game updates while I'm asleep or gone out and when I get home, it's updated and I just need to boot up the game. I also like how quickly it takes me to the home screen whereas it takes a little but longer to start up completely.

Great post. Thanks for info.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

thanks guys yeah its always been in stand bye mode i like how it will auto update when the system is off I guess there is no reason to power it off completely like others stated wonder if thats bad for the system I don't see why they would even give you the option if its bad.

SOURCE - Gamespot

Xbox One "black screen" issue pops up after latest update
Microsoft aware of the issue and a workaround is already available.
by Eddie Makuch on February 18, 2014

The latest Xbox One update, which brought a host of new functionality to the system, has not gone off without a hitch. Gamers on Reddit and on the official Xbox forums have noted their frustration with a new issue that makes the screen go black after the system powers on.

Thankfully, however, Microsoft is aware of the issue and a workaround is already available. The official Xbox Support Twitter channel says you need only "power cycle" your Xbox One by holding the power button for 10 seconds to fix the issue. Simple enough.

Unfortunately for some users, the Xbox One "black screen" issue interrupted their Titanfall beta gameplay sessions. Though it's a headache and an inconvenience, the issue does not appear to be very widespread or significantly damaging, so you can rest easy and continue playing Titanfall until the beta ends tomorrow, February 19.

The February Xbox One update rolled out on Friday, February 15. It added a battery power indication and USB keyboard support, while also improving storage space management. The next major Xbox One update will arrive in March, a week ahead of the Titanfall launch.

My son's Xbox is cursed first the ip6v wireless problem and they fix that with an update that gives us the black screen.

Sent from Llanwelly

I been playing lego marvel for xbox one its a really awesome game theres so many different characters to play as and the levels are pretty cool too.

SOURCE - Gameinformer

Microsoft Inviting Users To Join Xbox One Update Beta
by Mike Futter on February 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Microsoft’s second major Xbox One update of 2014 is scheduled to roll out in early March. Invitations to test the new features early will soon begin arriving in selected users' Xbox Live mailboxes containing registration tokens… but there’s a catch.

As has been the case in some Xbox 360 updates, users in the beta will be sequestered from the rest of the population. As the new features are focused on parties and friends, those in the test program won’t be able to receive party invites, use party chat, party matchmaking, and even party visibility.

The preview will be released sometime next week, which means that you’ll only be separated from other players for a short time. Reunification of the population is scheduled to take place in early March, right before Titanfall arrives.

Our Take:

As long as you can accept possibly being separated from your friends for a week or so, there's no reason not to give the features a try in beta. Just make sure you tell your friends to sign up in order to minimize the inconvenience during the testing period.

I got the invite code thingamajigger but it wasn't an actual preview. I basically accepted a terms and agreement thing and if I'm picked I get to try it. Kinda dumb.

I got in. So far the only thing I've noticed that's different is upload where instead of a big tile for the first clip, they're all small tiles now. Not sure if that was done in the February update already or not. Other than that I'm not even sure what they did.

*edit* Nevermind, I guess all the new junk rolls out next week for previews or whatever.

I been playing lego marvel for xbox one its a really awesome game theres so many different characters to play as and the levels are pretty cool too.

Brilliant game. I bought it today & have been playing it with my son. I'll pick up the Lego Movie game once we complete this one

The multiplayer in Lego Marvel is pretty good. My young girls like it so I might buy it. I still resent the only Marvel and Star Wars games are "cute" versions.

Back